March 11, 2012

Tona Michelle Cosmetics Finishing Foundation in N5, N7 - before & after, swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have another product from my friend's makeup line, the Tona Michelle Cosmetics line. In this post I'll show you her Finishing Liquid Foundation, including my before & after picture. She gave me two shades, N5 and N7 - and N7 is a better match for me, but I could wear either shade since they are pretty forgiving. This foundation gives you light to medium, buildable coverage.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Tona Michelle Cosmetics
Finishing Liquid Foundation
Shades: N5, N7
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each shade.





















Tona Michelle Cosmetics
Finishing Liquid Foundation
Before & After






Tona Michelle Cosmetics
Finishing Liquid Foundation
Shade: N5
Shade Description: Recommended for oily skin, medium skintone.
 








Tona Michelle Cosmetics
Finishing Liquid Foundation
Shade: N7
Shade Description: Recommended for oily skin, medium skintone.





Basic Stats for Tona Michelle Cosmetics Finishing Liquid Foundation:
Formula: liquid
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: light to medium; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 14 shades
Cost/Availability: $25.00 (28 ml/almost 1 fl oz full size). Available on the Tona Michelle Cosmetics website.
Packaging: squared bottle with rounded twist-off cap
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This is a water based liquid foundation containing vitamin E and wheat germ. Non-comedogenic. 

Wear:
Average to above average wear, depending on your skin type and if you use a primer and setting powder.

Coverage:
Light to medium coverage. You can easily build coverage by adding layers without caking.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 14 shades.

Cost/Availability:
$25.00 (28 ml/almost 1 fl oz full size). Available on the Tona Michelle Cosmetics website.

Packaging:
Squared frosted glass bottle with rounded twist-off lid.

Tona Michelle Cosmetics Finishing Liquid Foundation Review:
I thought the attached spatula applicator was unique and unlike any foundation I already have. I didn't apply it to my face with the spatula, but I did find it made it simple to take the foundation out of the bottle - and it was less messy because of that. There was no noticeable scent, like some foundations have, and the texture was very light and watery in the sense that it moves easily and is thin.

It blended easily into my skin and gave me a nice, natural finish. The coverage is light to medium, as you can see from my before & after pic I'd need additional layers or a concealer to hide all my flaws. However, it still has really nice coverage - getting rid of redness and making my skintone look more even. If you don't have as many flaws as me you may really love the finish of this foundation.

Out of the two shades she gave me to try, N7 was a better match for me, but I could easily wear either shade since they are a little forgiving.

I liked this foundation, although not enough coverage for me on its own, but still a great foundation that I'd recommend trying!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this foundation? Would you try this out? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. It looks nice, but... Well, expensive when exhanging to my value ><
    http://disincentive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)