March 2, 2012

Exude Lip Gloss in Brown No. 3 - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've been wanting to try the exude lip products for awhile now, as I've been reading a lot of buzz about them. Exude sent me two products to test out and consider reviewing on my blog; one is their Lip Creme in Red No. 1 (which I'll review in a future blog post) and the other is their Lip Gloss in Brown No. 3 - which is what I'm showing you in this blog post. I've already tried both and love the Lip Gloss way more. I am in love with this shade - such a pretty nude! Looks much darker online.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

exude Lip Gloss
Shade: Brown No. 3
Shade Description: A gorgeous creamy nude brown with a hint of pink undertone; light shimmer.


 





 
















Basic Stats for exude Lip Gloss:
Formula: liquid gloss
Wear: average
Coverage: buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 5 shades
Cost/Availability: $29.00 (0.09 fl oz full size). Available on the exude website and everywhere else exude products are sold.
Packaging: rounded tube, pull-off lid, and twist-up lip color
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This lip gloss formula is made with an anti-aging complex of Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids, plus Goji Berry and vitamin E to protect against oxidation. Goes on smooth and is very glossy.

Wear:
Average wear for a gloss; re-apply as needed.

Coverage:
Buildable coverage from sheer to fuller color.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 5 shades. The shade I have, Brown No. 3, looks a lot darker on the website than it is in person. I'm not sure if that's true for other shades.

Cost/Availability:
$29.00 (0.09 fl oz full size). Available on the exude website and everywhere else exude products are sold.

Packaging:
Rounded tube with pull off cap. You twist up from the bottom to get the color through the top of the lipstick bullet style applicator. Arrives in a very nice gift-style box.

exude Lip Gloss Review:
I'm going to start off with the packaging. I was surprised at how nicely this lip gloss was packaged. It came in its own box, sitting nicely inside. I think its perfect for gifting!

The actual product packaging makes it look like a lipstick, but it's actually a twist-up color gloss. It does make it a bit messy for application, but not so bad. I have the exude Lip Creme and I find that application messy, but the gloss applies so much better.

The formula of this gloss was nice. I didn't find it super hydrating, but it wasn't drying either. It went on smooth and was super glossy. As I mentioned above under "Shade Info", the shade I have - Brown No. 3 - is way lighter in person than it is online. I actually love the color. It's such a pretty nude shade - it has just a touch of pink undertone, almost even peachy, and the shimmer in it is subtle. It looks great on my skintone and perfect to pair with a smokey eye.

Overall, a great color gloss. I'd recommend checking it out!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. I got a full sized one of this in my Birchbox and the color was a coral. I wish they gave us the nude color instead. The formula was so-so like you said, pigmentation needs to be built. I just didn't like the plastic applicator either. It made application strange.

    Overall great review! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a lovely product and nice color!

    Please hop onto my blog and take part in all my giveaways!

    http://pinkcloudsz.blogspot.com/2012/02/cutest-iphone-covers-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the red color in my Birchbox last month. I do not wear red at all so I haven't even tried it. Maybe it will be sheer and I will. What I really liked at first was the packaging as well. It feels nice in your hand and looks awesome. I would have been over the moon if I got this color instead, or a pink. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ adthenshesmiled: I wanted to try the coral one; you're lucky you received a full sized one in your Birchbox! I had wanted one in mine, but no luck. I find that with the applicator I have to use the tiniest bit of product and then application is fine, otherwise it gets messy. The Exude Lip Creme is a mess to apply though... I prefer to twist it up and apply it with my pinky finger. I'll be doing a review on that soon.


    @ sunnydee130: Did you get the Lip Creme or the Lip Gloss? I have the Lip Creme in Red No. 1 and I don't wear red either, but it was a nice red on its own - just not really a shade for me personally. Still, when I do makeup for other people (not as a makeup artist, but just for fun and for events as a non-makeup artist) it will be a pretty shade to use on someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one I got in my Birchbox was BRIGHT RED! A color I don't even wear, but I've been trying to wear. It's so hard to pull off!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)