March 23, 2012

Blinc Eyebrow Mousse in Light Brunette - before & after, pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Not long ago I saw a presentation on QVC for the Blinc Eyebrow Mousse and I was really intrigued. I debated a bit on what shade to get, but seeing as how I didn't want too dark of brows I decided to go with the Light Brunette, since on the QVC presentation that's what they said to go with if you weren't sure. I think a darker shade would have worked better, but the Light Brunette still works -- as it actually dries darker, and I should have probably waited to take my after photos when it was completely dry so you could see that, but it does get slightly darker (not dramatically darker). This eyebrow product is great for those with gray hair who want to easily cover it - this will do that for sure! The formula is extremely budge proof - one it dries it will not budge. It's for sure the most stay-put brow product I've ever used!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

blinc Eyebrow Mousse
Shade: Light Brunette
 























blinc Eyebrow Mousse
Before & After
* Please keep in mind the product dries slightly darker than what is shown on my eyebrows, and it looks much more of a closer match in person than in the photos that show every little detail!

Basic Stats for Blinc Eyebrow Mousse:
Formula: creamy mousse
Wear: very long wearing
Coverage: buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 7 shades
Cost/Availability: $24/$25 depending where you shop (0.14 oz full size). Available on the blinc website, QVC's website, and everywhere else blinc cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: rounded tube with twist-off lid and mascara wand applicator
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
A creamy mousse formula that is water resistant, long lasting, and will add moisturizing color to your brow with anti-aging benefits for the underlying skin. Fills in sparse brows and will color your brow hair as well. This formula will not fade, run, or smudge - even if you sweat or go out in the rain.

Wear:
Very long wearing - this will last and last and last. 

Coverage:
Buildable color, which will vary depending how you apply.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 7 shades - including an auburn and grey shade, which I know can be very difficult to find.

Cost/Availability:
 $24/$25 depending where you shop (0.14 oz full size). Available on the blinc websiteQVC's website, and everywhere else blinc cosmetics are sold.

Packaging:
Rounded tube with twist-off lid and mascara wand applicator.

Blinc Eyebrow Mousse Review:
I'll start by saying this is the type of product that has a slight learning curve at first, which is easy to figure out but what I guess I'm trying to say is to not give up on it if it doesn't work out the first time or two. I find the mascara wand is very thick so it's hard to be precise with thin brows, even when just using the tip, but it is possible. I don't have super thick brows, so the applicator isn't ideal for me or for anyone with thin brows. However, I used an angled brush with this to apply it and loved the results that way too. Either way, it applies naturally and is extremely long wearing.

I do love the shade selection; on the Blinc website there are 7 shades available - including Auburn and Grey, which I know are difficult to find. I wasn't sure what shade to select, so I went with Light Brunette because I definitely don't want dark brows, as I prefer a softer look. Light Brunette still works for me, but the Dark Brunette shade would probably work for me as well.

This brow product will color your brow hairs, which I wasn't a huge fan of only because it was lighter than my brow hair so it looked a little off at first, but then I realized it just makes them softer in tone and I kind of liked that for certain makeup looks. It's great for those wanting to cover their brow hair or change it up. One thing I did notice was it felt a bit thick/sticky on my brow hairs after it dried, but honestly who touches their brows anyway? I don't!

One thing I think is absolutely amazing is the staying power. Truly the longest lasting, most stay-put brow product I've ever tried. Once it dries, it won't budge. I can wake up the next day with perfect brows, and I have oily skin so things tend to wear off quickly on me. It's very stay proof and I love it for that.

I think this is a great product, I just wish the wand was smaller - that's probably my only complaint. Otherwise, it's a great product.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this brow product? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. Seems like a good product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really good product. I really want to try the Mascara from this brand :) Xoxo, Christine♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pls tell me how I would use this product with an angled brush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous: To apply this product with an angled brush, just pull the wand out and take the brush and dip it into the product on the brush and apply it to your brows in short strokes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)