March 10, 2012

Birchbox - March 2012 - Teen Vogue Edition

Hello, Beautiful!

I received an email from Birchbox asking if I wanted a special Teen Vogue edition Birchbox this month instead of my regular Birchbox. I said yes because even though I'm not a teen, I thought the products would be more fun. I'm glad I said yes, because I received two products I had wanted to buy for awhile now! I'll still receive a regular box through my husband's subscription, but that hasn't arrived yet so I'll make a separate post for that.

For more information on Birchbox, or to sign-up and start receiving your own Birchbox every month, CLICK HERE to visit http://www.birchbox.com?raf=eops9. Just $10 each month!

Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.


March 2012 Birchbox - Teen Vogue Edition











The Included Info Card:
 


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Birchbox shipment: $38.28 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of makeup items: 1
  • # of nail items: 1
  • # of skincare items: 1
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of fragrance items: 1
  • # of other items: 0

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

ESSIE Luxeffects Nail Polish in A Cut Above
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Layer this glittery top coat onto any polish for an eye-catching look.
  • MY THOUGHTS: This was one of the Essie Luxeffects polishes I didn't buy originally, but had wanted to own. This was the first thing I noticed when I opened my Birchbox and was really excited.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.46 fl oz @ $8.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.46 fl oz (full sized item)
  • VALUE: $8.00
 







TARTE LipSurgence Lip Tint in Amused
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: This long-lasting stain adds rich pigment and is designed to boost the moisture levels in your lips.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I love Tarte's LipSurgernce lip tints (which I reviewed in the past here). I wanted the Amused shade, so I was really excited to receive this product in the exact shade I had wanted. Plus, it's full sized so that's a very special item in this month's box! Love the color - it's sheer enough to make it wearable everyday, but it's bright enough to be fresh for spring and summer!
  • FULL SIZE: 0.10 oz @ $24.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.10 oz (full sized item)
  • VALUE: $24.00
 








SHISEIDO Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: These mattifying tissues are coated with transparent rice powder to leave your skin perfectly shine-free.
  • MY THOUGHTS: As the weather gets warmer there is one product I always keep in my purse: blotting papers. I know I'll use this in the near future, I just wish the packet they come in closed. I'll just wrap a hair tie around it to keep it closed when I throw it in my purse.
  • FULL SIZE: 100 sheets @ $18.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 10 sheets
  • VALUE: $1.80






TWISTBAND Hair Tie
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics.
  • MY THOUGHTS: Ah, the Twistband again. I received one in a previous Birchbox shipment and a lot of people hated them. I admit, even I at first didn't like them because they're thick and my hair is so fine that I didn't think they'd work. However, I'd used the one I already have (a black one) and will use this neon green one too (which just happens to be my son's favorite color, so it will remind me of him when I wear it).
  • FULL SIZE: 12 pack @ $18.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 hair tie
  • VALUE: $1.50





ANNICK GOUTAL Petite Cherie
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: A blend of fresh fruity notes and musk, this French fragrance is the definition of understated chic.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I hate perfume samples, so this the only product in this box that I wasn't a fan of. The scent actually isn't bad - I almost like it!
  • FULL SIZE: 50 ml @ $85.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1.75 ml (full sized item)
  • VALUE: $2.98

 






Plus...
  • There was also a card for $10 off $75 purchase at Modcloth. The code is MODPROM
  • And of course there was an insert wanting you to subscribe to Teen Vogue. You can get 20 issues (2 years) for $10 if you go to teenvogue.com/go/birchbox

Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Birchbox shipment this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? Did you get a Teen Vogue box or a regular one? If you don't receive Birchbox yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.



10 comments:

  1. The Essie nail polish is s pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was the same in mine except instead of blotters I got a hair oil, and a different perfume. My hair tie is in baby blue and I too was disappointed to see them back. If it had been in the awesome bright shade you have I'd probably wear it as a bracelet. I liked this box. I wish I would have got the color Perky for my lipstain, only because I usually like to take color off my lips than add it. This was a lovely month, now just waiting for my Beauty Army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am IMpatiently awaiting my teen vogue box! I wish I got a regular one this time though too as I saw they were getting a nail polish as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait to get this box... i hope i get the tarte too! =).. and i have been wanting a polish from the essie luxe line! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the nail color is awesome. Wish we had such wonderful boxes here in India,they sound really good for people who want to try out different new products at a low price in sample size before buying a full sized product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the same box, but the nail polish in Set in Stone and the hair tie in a teal/sea green. You know we've been getting the same box for a few months now :-o Hmmm...

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went for the Teen Vogue box, too -- I also thought it would be fun! So glad I did. I actually shouted when I saw the full-sized Essie polish; I got a silver glitter shade, and it's so cute. I love it -- am wearing it now. The lip stain is great, too -- wearing that at work today! Mine is more of a dark red/brown; I really like it. :)

    Not crazy about the hair tie, but that's just because my hair is crazy and thick -- I need a serious hair tie to keep my curls up! I wore this one for a while and it worked okay, but wasn't as strong a hold as I'm used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice box, congratulations. I am sorry I did not take the Teen Vogue box, it is so much better than the one I got it has Ahava Moisturizer 0.5 oz, a small no name nail polish, three bags of herbal tea, the same perfume sample you got, a tiny sample of Jouier color moisturizer, and a sample of an oil called orofluido (the only sample I like from the box).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, of course the next month after my subscription runs out they offer this awesome box :/ lol, I have bad timing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I chose to get the Teen Vogue box as well and SO happy I did! I did a little happy dance getting my first essie polish and another tarte lipsurgence!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)