I received an email from Birchbox asking if I wanted a special Teen Vogue edition Birchbox this month instead of my regular Birchbox. I said yes because even though I'm not a teen, I thought the products would be more fun. I'm glad I said yes, because I received two products I had wanted to buy for awhile now! I'll still receive a regular box through my husband's subscription, but that hasn't arrived yet so I'll make a separate post for that.
For more information on Birchbox, or to sign-up and start receiving your own Birchbox every month, CLICK HERE to visit http://www.birchbox.com?raf=eops9. Just $10 each month!
Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.
Shipment Quick Stats:
- Value of this month's Birchbox shipment: $38.28 (value is approximate)
- Total # of Items Received: 5
- # of makeup items: 1
- # of nail items: 1
- # of skincare items: 1
- # of body care items: 0
- # of hair care items: 1
- # of fragrance items: 1
- # of other items: 0
Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...
ESSIE Luxeffects Nail Polish in A Cut Above
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Layer this glittery top coat onto any polish for an eye-catching look.
- MY THOUGHTS: This was one of the Essie Luxeffects polishes I didn't buy originally, but had wanted to own. This was the first thing I noticed when I opened my Birchbox and was really excited.
- FULL SIZE: 0.46 fl oz @ $8.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.46 fl oz (full sized item)
- VALUE: $8.00
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: This long-lasting stain adds rich pigment and is designed to boost the moisture levels in your lips.
- MY THOUGHTS: I love Tarte's LipSurgernce lip tints (which I reviewed in the past here). I wanted the Amused shade, so I was really excited to receive this product in the exact shade I had wanted. Plus, it's full sized so that's a very special item in this month's box! Love the color - it's sheer enough to make it wearable everyday, but it's bright enough to be fresh for spring and summer!
- FULL SIZE: 0.10 oz @ $24.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.10 oz (full sized item)
- VALUE: $24.00
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: These mattifying tissues are coated with transparent rice powder to leave your skin perfectly shine-free.
- MY THOUGHTS: As the weather gets warmer there is one product I always keep in my purse: blotting papers. I know I'll use this in the near future, I just wish the packet they come in closed. I'll just wrap a hair tie around it to keep it closed when I throw it in my purse.
- FULL SIZE: 100 sheets @ $18.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 10 sheets
- VALUE: $1.80
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics.
- MY THOUGHTS: Ah, the Twistband again. I received one in a previous Birchbox shipment and a lot of people hated them. I admit, even I at first didn't like them because they're thick and my hair is so fine that I didn't think they'd work. However, I'd used the one I already have (a black one) and will use this neon green one too (which just happens to be my son's favorite color, so it will remind me of him when I wear it).
- FULL SIZE: 12 pack @ $18.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 hair tie
- VALUE: $1.50
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: A blend of fresh fruity notes and musk, this French fragrance is the definition of understated chic.
- MY THOUGHTS: I hate perfume samples, so this the only product in this box that I wasn't a fan of. The scent actually isn't bad - I almost like it!
- FULL SIZE: 50 ml @ $85.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 1.75 ml (full sized item)
- VALUE: $2.98
- There was also a card for $10 off $75 purchase at Modcloth. The code is MODPROM
- And of course there was an insert wanting you to subscribe to Teen Vogue. You can get 20 issues (2 years) for $10 if you go to teenvogue.com/go/birchbox
Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Birchbox shipment this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? Did you get a Teen Vogue box or a regular one? If you don't receive Birchbox yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.