March 10, 2012

Erth Minerals Eyeshadows in Truffle, Loam, Bleu, Smoke, Fog, Purple - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In this post I'll share with you six shades of the erth Minerals Eyeshadow. I have them in shades Truffle, Loam, Bleu, Smoke, Fog and Purple. I like these shadows, but there were a few differences to how the shades looked online and how they looked in person; I'll explain all that in my review at the end of this post. Still, I liked the formula of these shadows and I ended up liking most of the shades.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

erth Minerals Eyeshadow
Shades: Truffle, Loam, Bleu, Smoke, Fog, Purple
Continue scrolling down for more pics on each shade.


















erth Minerals Eyeshadow
Shade: Truffle
Shade Description: A champagne shimmer.



 







erth Minerals Eyeshadow
Shade: Loam
Shade Description: A light taupe shimmer.


 










erth Minerals Eyeshadow
Shade: Bleu
Shade Description: A darker taupe shimmer.


 










erth Minerals Eyeshadow
Shade: Smoke
Shade Description: A light gray shimmer.


 










erth Minerals Eyeshadow
Shade: Fog
Shade Description: A smokey gray shimmer.


 










erth Minerals Eyeshadow
Shade: Purple
Shade Description: A muddy purple shimmer.


 






Basic Stats for erth Minerals Eyeshadow:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: nicely pigmented; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 35 shades
Cost/Availability: $8.00 (5 g jar with 2 g of product full size). Available on the erth Minerals website.
Packaging: rounded jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
These mineral eyeshadows are available in matte, pearlescent and intense, sparkly shades. They are 100% natural - just pure crushed minerals. And even though the website shows a broken pressed eyeshadow, what you receive is in fact loose powder shadows.

Wear:
Average to above average wear depending on if you use a primer. I would suggest applying a primer under these for the best staying power.

Coverage:
Great pigmentation on most shades, and of course they're all buildable. You can also apply them wet for a more intense look.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 35 shades.

Cost/Availability:
$8.00 (5 g jar with 2 g of product full size). Available on the erth Minerals website.

Packaging:
Rounded jar with twist-off lid and sifter.

erth Minerals Eyeshadow Review:
I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed that the shadows looked different online than they did in person. I wasn't sure if I would get a pressed powder eyeshadow or a loose powder eyeshadow, since the website only shows a pressed powder shadow pan that is broken. I kind of assumed it would be loose powder mineral shadows, but you never know! The colors a bit off too, which I'll go into in just a bit.

But first I want to point out the good things. These have a nice soft, easy to blend texture. When I wore these over primer I had no issues with how they lasted. Out of all the shades I have, Fog and Smoke are my favorite - but I have an obsession with gray eyeshadows. Truffle is a pretty nude shade, as is Bleu. The only shade I didn't like was Purple -- too muddy for my liking.

Now I'll talk about the color on the website and the color in person so you can accurately make a purchase...

  • Truffle - on their website this shade looks and is described pretty accurately to how it looks in person.
  • Loam - on their website this shade is described as a hint of brown/tan/gray color - which to me equals taupe. It certainly looks darker in person in the jar, but swatches lighter.
  • Bleu -  on their website this shade is described as a greyish blue with brown undertones and sparkle. I was really looking forward to seeing this shade in person, since they say the photos don't do the shade justice. Then I got it and was really disappointed. It's just a brown - not grey or blue at all. It looks like a light shade online but is much darker in person.
  • Smoke - on their website this shade looks darker than it is in person, and is described as a smokey gray. However, it's a light gray. I almost feel like they got it mixed up with the shade Fog, which would be more fitting for the color they show on their website and their description.
  • Fog - this shade isn't on their website, so I'm assuming its coming soon, so I can't comment on this.
  • Purple - on their website this shade is called Deep Purple, which is what I selected but it says Purple instead. However, I was surprised that they called it Deep Purple when it looked like a lilac shade online but is described as a deep purple with smokey undertones. This is the only shade I was disappointed in, since it was a bit too muddy for my liking.

I really like the product, I just wish they would update their site and show the actual product. I don't like when companies use one photo (like their broken eyeshadow pan) and just change the color. That method is used very often in makeup companies but then sometimes it's hard to tell what the true colors are. Makes shopping for them a bit frustrating because in all fairness, there are people that only look at the colors in the photo and don't read the descriptions. If they did that and ordered the Deep Purple shade, as an example, they would be shocked to see a dark muddy purple show up instead of the light lilac shade they show online. I think that is the only fault I can say about this product - which is the only reason I rated these a 3.5 out of 5 Kisses. Other than that, it's all good stuff!

Overall, I'd recommend this brand and these shadows, but try to search for swatches first so you can get the best accurate representation of the product.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these shadows? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)