March 19, 2012

NYC Cosmetics IndividualEyes in Smokey Browns - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tried the NYC Cosmetics IndividualEyes palette for brown eyes. The palette contains 4 shadows, a primer, and a highlighter. The shadows are great smokey shades, which lack in pigmentation on their own but come to life over top the primer (which I'll show in photos below).

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

NYC Cosmetics IndividualEyes
Shade: 941 Smokey Browns
 













SHOWN IN THE PHOTO BELOW:
on the top row: primer, highlighter. On the bottom row: the 4 shadows swatched on their own.




Basic Stats for NYC Cosmetics IndividualEyes:
Formula: pressed powder shadows, cream highlighter and cream primer
Wear: below average (on their own), average to above average (when used over primer)
Coverage: shadows are not very pigmented on their own, but come to life over primer
Shade Info: currently available in 6 palettes
Cost/Availability: $4.99 (0.056 oz per shadow, 0.051 oz primer, 0.051 oz highligher). Available on the NYC Cosmetics website, at Target, at Wal-Mart, and everywhere else NYC Cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: squared compact includes a dual-ended sponge-tip shadow applicator
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This palette is specially coordinated to intensify and enhance your eye color. Includes four pressed-powder shadows, one cream highlighter (illuminator), and one cream primer. Also includes a dual-ended sponge-tip applicator.

Wear:
Below average wear if you use the shadows on their own, but average to above average wear if applied over a primer.

Coverage:
The shadows are not very pigmented on their own, but really come to life when applied over a primer.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 6 palettes; there are two for brown eyes, two for blue eyes, and two for green eyes. Of course you can use any of the palettes, no matter what eye color you have.

Cost/Availability:
$4.99 (0.056 oz per shadow, 0.051 oz primer, 0.051 oz highlighter). Available on the NYC Cosmetics website, at Target, at Wal-Mart, and everywhere else NYC Cosmetics are sold.

Packaging:
Squared compact that includes a dual-ended sponge-tip applicator. 

NYC Cosmetics IndividualEyes Review:
I'll start by saying I really liked the shades in this palette, but was disappointed with the pigmentation level of the shadows on their own. Then I applied them over the included primer and they really came to life. The shades are nice smokey shades (except for the light silver/gray shade, of course).

I wasn't a fan of the highlighter (or as they call it, the Illuminator). It was a bit too frosty/too white. I can re-purpose it and use it as a cream shadow base for other shades to go on top.

The primer in the palette is pretty good for making the shadows come true to color. It was creamy, but I still have other primers I prefer way more. I did like that the primer was right there, in the palette, so if I were to take this with me when traveling it would be all-in-one.

The dual-ended sponge-tip applicator is useless, at least to me. I always throw them out when they are included with anything because I always use brushes (or my fingers). But if you don't have makeup brushes then you will have a way to apply these shadows.

Overall, I think this is a good palette; not the best quality but for the price -- just $4.99 or less, depending where you shop -- it's not a bad palette either!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this shadow palette? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)