March 17, 2012

Milani Brow Tint Pens in Natural Taupe, Dark Brown - pics, before & after, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love trying brow products because your brows frame your face, and my brows need a lot of help. I've always wanted to try a brow marker; I know Laura Geller makes one but I didn't want to pay that much. Milani makes an affordable Brow Tint Pen. I have two shades: Natural Taupe and Dark Brown. The Dark Brown works best for me, but I also used Natural Taupe and then some Dark Brown on top to experiment, since I ran into a small issue using Dark Brown on its own (which I'll explain in my review). I don't think this is a good match for my brows, but it could be a perfect product for yours.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Milani Brow Tint Pens
Shades: Natural Taupe, Dark Brown
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.

 


They look a lot lighter when swatched on paper (shown below):
 





Milani Brow Tint Pen
Shade: Natural Taupe

  



 






Milani Brow Tint Pen
Shade: Dark Brown

  



 








Milani Brow Tint Pen
Before & After pics

Basic Stats for Milani Brow Tint Pen:
Formula: felt-tip marker
Wear: very long wearing
Shade Info: currently available in 2 shades
Cost/Availability: $5.99 (0.04 oz full size). Available on the Milani Cosmetics websiteWalgreen's website, the Cherry Culture website, and everywhere else Milani cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: rounded marker-like pen, pull-off cap, felt-tip applicator
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
A long-wearing, quick-drying, buildable brow marker formula. Paraben-free and made in Germany.

Wear:
Very long wearing.

Shade Info:
Currently available in two shades (both of which are shown in this post).

Cost/Availability:
$5.99 (0.04 oz full size). Available on the Milani Cosmetics websiteWalgreen's website, the Cherry Culture website, and everywhere else Milani cosmetics are sold.

Packaging:
Rounded marker-like pen with pull-off cap and felt-tip applicator.

Milani Brow Tint Pen Review:
I was really excited to try these out. After swatching these, I was really impressed with how well they stayed on my skin. Not even makeup remover could completely remove the swatches from my hand, which means this product is going to stick to your skin really, really good - which would be great for those who don't have any brow hair and want something that stays put on your skin - not just to fill in your brows, but to make a brow.

The application is actually fairly natural looking, which surprised me. Of course it all depends on how you apply it - making short feathered, hair-like strokes is best. I felt it was really easy to use, dried down extremely quickly, and once dry didn't budget at all.

My only problem? The Dark Brown shade turned a slight green tint. It wasn't highly noticeable in person, but shows up really noticeable in the before & after photos. So then I decided to try out the Natural Taupe on my other brow, which was too light on its own (as you can see from the one photo), so I put Dark Brown on top,  which looked okay and didn't turn green. I'm not sure if it's just the Dark Brown color and how it reacted on my skin; I have oily skin and I know the oils from your skin can change the color of any makeup you use, but then again this is one of the main complaints I've read from any brow marker out there (not just Milani's brow marker). Maybe it has something to do with the formula, but that was a deal breaker for me; I can't walk around with green-brown brows, lol!

With that being said, The Natural Taupe worked out beautifully and I think if you use any shade other than the Dark Brown this is a great product to try - which is why I rated this a 3 out of 5. If I rated this based on the Dark Brown shade alone it would have gotten a 2 out of 5, but I won't rate this that low because it may just be that one shade that causes an issue and that issue may not even happen on you. The product is good and worth trying, especially since it's an affordable brow marker option.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this brow product? Have you tried this or would you try this? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. tq for sharing,love this product..gonna try find this product,love it..^_^V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice :) You have very groomed brows... I am so lazy! I pluck but rarely fill in

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sarah: I'm lazy too, lol. My brow hair is really odd... because of my health issues my brow hair falls out in the middle of my brow and grows like crazy everywhere else. I'm constantly having to pluck my eyebrows... I just wish my brow hair grew where I needed it to! I'm actually just starting a new product from Billion Dollar Brows, called Brow Boost that is supposed to make your brow hair grow again. It will be at least a month or two before I make my blog post on it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. grt product! for the price it def can't be beat and it is long lasting (even overnight - if you don't wash it off course)!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)