March 10, 2012

MyGlam - March 2012

Hello, Beautiful!

I received my March MyGlam Bag, and I'm underwhelmed. Maybe it was because it showed up the same day as my Birchbox Teen Vogue box, but I just wasn't excited about anything this month. Not to mention the actual bag itself smells strongly - which I know will go away with time (at least I hope it will), but for now I threw mine outside to air out. Same goes for their brush case... smells too! I don't know... I might be cancelling my MyGlam subscription soon. I haven't been too impressed with them and with all these subscription services out there, I may have to invest my money elsewhere. I still plan to give MyGlam another month or two, because I do think they're trying to make a good service, but this was not a great month for me. You may love this month's subscription; it all comes down to personal preference.

For more information on MyGlam, or to sign-up and start receiving your own MyGlam bag every month, CLICK HERE. $10 each month.

Check out everything in my bag below... click on pics to view them larger.


March 2012 MyGlam Bag











The Included Info Card:
 


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's MyGlam Bag: $31.19 (value is approximate and doesn't include the value of the brush or brush case)
  • Total # of Items Received: 7
  • # of makeup items: 1
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skincare items: 2
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 3

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

MyGlam Classic Crease Brush & Case
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Hand-selected by Michelle from her recent trip to Hong Kong for Cosmoprof Asia, freshen up your spring makeup routine with this myglam exclusive classic crease brush and brush case.
  • MY THOUGHTS: Let's put aside the fact that it smells, because that will fade (I hope), the brush case was a bit of a disappointment. At first I was excited about this; I loved the color and thought it may be usable. But then I realized the brush case doesn't close. The flap just stays open. If it had a magnetic closure it would be something I would use (once the smell went away), but it's not something I'd want to use without a way to keep it closed. I guess I could buy some magnets and make my own closure, but not sure it's worth the effort. The brush that comes with this case is just okay. Seems like cheap quality; I even have some e.l.f. brushes that don't seem as cheap as this one. It kind of reminds me of what GoGoGirlfriend did when they started to include their own brand of brushes; of course the MyGlam brushes are better quality than the GoGoGirlfriend brushes are, but still scares me to think MyGlam is going in that direction of giving us their own brand or products. The brush hairs on their brush are cut cheaply too - as you can tell by mine with that one long hair sticking out. Between the smell and the quality of both the case and the brush I'm not sure I'll use them - at least not anytime soon.
  • FULL SIZE: ?
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 brush case and 1 crease brush
  • VALUE: $?








Pur-lisse Pur-Lip Comfort Daily Lip Nourisher
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: One of three beauty basics to lay the groundwork for your fresh spring complexion.
  • MY THOUGHTS: On the card there are 3 products you could have received, and according to the above description, they are for your complexion... yet there is a lip product which has nothing to do with your complexion. Anyways, I thought this was full sized, but it's not. It's still a very good size, but I actually already have this - received it in my BeautyFix subscription and it was full size in there. I wish I had gotten one of the other products since I already have this. I would have loved the 3Lab Perfect Cleansing Foam!
  • FULL SIZE: 0.5 oz @ $22.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.38 oz
  • VALUE: $16.67

 










Pur-lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: n/a
  • MY THOUGHTS: I'll likely throw this sample packet into my skincare drawers and possibly use it in the future, or give to a friend to try.
  • FULL SIZE: 1.7 oz @ $55.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.14 oz
  • VALUE: $4.53
 





Murad Eye Lift Perfector
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: n/a
  • MY THOUGHTS: I already have sample packets of this eye product, so I'll add this to my eye skincare drawer. I have such a hard time believing this sample packet is worth $8.75.. it's tiny.. but I guess it's true unless I did my math wrong - which is always possible. 
  • FULL SIZE: 0.06 oz @ $35.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.015 oz
  • VALUE: $8.75





Dermstore $25 Gift Card
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: n/a
  • MY THOUGHTS: Another "gift card" where you have to spend money to use it. Don't get me wrong, it's going to give you half off your order if you spend $50 - since it's $25 off $50. It's great because Dermstore has a lot of great products you can use this on. I just didn't get excited because I have one from my Beautyfix subscription and I still need to use that one.
  • FULL SIZE: n/a
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: n/a
  • VALUE: n/a




KERACOLOR Color Enhancing Leave-In Treatment
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: This leave-in treatment is especially designed to enhance, protect, strengthen and hydrate all hair types.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I'll give this a try at some point in the future; it seems interesting. I wonder how it will work to enhance the blue in my hair?
  • FULL SIZE: 5.5 oz @ $40.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.17 fl oz
  • VALUE: $1.24




Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a MyGlam bag this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? Feel free to leave a link below to your MyGlam blog post. Discuss in the comments below.



18 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed myself. I suggested they send more brushes out each month so they at least finish filling the brush pouch since I myself was surprised to only see one brush in there.

    I also have blue hair atm, well blue and green, also curious to see what it does for my hair.

    I was glad I got the lip product, good to know it isn't full size, I'd thought it was.


    Supposedly Michelle Phan says there will be lots of make up next month but I'm really torn whether I want to quit now or not. I wish GlossyBox was open here already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Shopping Addict: Thanks for the heads up on what Michelle Phan said about next month. I really hope there will be lots of makeup next month because it's disappointing that so many of these subscription services are mostly filled with skincare (or so it seems). I want makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a bronzer instead of the lip product, boo.

    MyGlam has been a real disappointment for me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, this is why I've been weary of MyGlam... Birchbox totally sucked me in with their makeup products, and then their samples got smaller and smaller and more random. I kinda thought MyGlam would turn out the same... I'm curious how your next box will be. Love your subscription posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want makeup too! I get it can't ALL be makeup...but at least one thing should be!I wish they would even throw in some pigment samples...something...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. I'm disappointed and I haven't even gotten mine yet! I had guessed the brush and case but thought it would be a set! good god! talk about a scattered bag. and after they saw how much of a flop the other gift card was you would think they wouldn't do it again. great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks disappointing =.=.. now im not looking forward to my bag lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not to stir up drama, but my bag had a full size pur-lisse product. I wonder why yours was smaller? Did I get lucky or did you get jipped? Hmmmm....? :(

    You can check out the pics on my blog to compare the products
    http://www.mybeautyboxes.com/2012/03/myglam-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jacinta: Hmm, that is really odd that you received a full sized version and I didn't. I wonder what happened there? Add that to another reason I'm not liking MyGlam right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think this month is such as bleh bleh bleh. I do not like to get gift card either...it kinda suck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not on any subscription but by reading lots of what other people has got to say about MyGlam, things aren't looking too bright for them =\

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish these boxes all included more make-up products instead of mainly skincare stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not signed up for it.. & sorry you didn't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another disappointment of a bag from myglam =(...they make their first bag seem phenomenal and sucked everyone in just to disappoint down the road...I too want more makeup. I mean I do not mind skin care but when its repeatedly skin care over and over I kind of get tired of it. Can't just go and switch my whole skin care routine around every month. I had a feeling the brush was going to be cheapy...I just hope it doesn't shed that much..I give em another month

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would be so psyched if one of these services dedicated itself solely to makeup. I would jump all over that and dump this and Birchbox. They don't seem worth it if you have hair and skin care regimens that work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I received the Pur-lisse in the .5 oz as well, that's so strange that yours was smaller! Also, I was looking at the makeup brush case and if you really feel around you can feel very thin magnetic closures but on mine they are so weak and misaligned that it definitely won't stay closed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The reason most of these companies don't send out much makeup is because it's more difficult/more expensive to GET makeup samples to begin with. That said, it looks like a bunch of packets in this bag, which I wouldn't say have any value at all since they're usually handed out as samples. I've never signed up for MyGlam, and I'm happy I didn't. The only good month I've seen was their first.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so disappointed this month.... I got the bronzer and its way too dark for my skin..... I am very fair skinned.. we shall see i may cancel

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)