March 14, 2012

Ole Henriksen - mask, scrub and cream - pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

In this post I'll show you a few Ole Henriksen products. I had a variety pack of deluxe sample sizes, so I decided to break down the pack into a couple posts. In this post I'll show you the Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask, New Beginning Scrub, and Skin Insulator Cream.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Ole Henriksen
Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask, New Beginning Scrub, Skin Insulator
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each product.
   


Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask








Basic Stats for Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask:
Formula: gel mask
Cost/Availability: $32.00 (3.5 oz full size). Available on the Ole Henriksen website, Sephora's website, and everywhere else Ole Henriksen is sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask Review:
An aromatic, reparative gel mask which hydrates with sodium hyaluronate and lavender to quench dry and sensitive skin. The perfect antidote to facial stress, this potent blend of extracts smoothes and polishes skin.

If you have sensitive skin, this is a great mask for you. It's gentle, but will do a great job at making your skin feel refreshed and hydrated. I have oily skin, so I don't use this mask all the time, but I do like to use it every now and then when my skin needs a boost or if it's feeling dry/tired - such as if I've been neglecting it. I use this on my husband, who has dry and sensitive skin. He likes this mask, but I doubt he'd ever admit he loved it (even though he's asked me to do this mask for him).

Overall, a great mask for those with dry and/or sensitive skin.




Ole Henriksen New Beginning Scrub










Basic Stats for Ole Henriksen New Beginning Scrub:
Formula: scrub
Cost/Availability: $24.00 (1.7 oz full size). Available on the Ole Henriksen website and everywhere else Ole Henriksen is sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses

Ole Henriksen New Beginning Scrub Review:
This scrub smoothes, oxygenates and exfoliates to reveal a more luminous complexion. Those with sensitive skin will embrace this gentle exfoliant that removes dead skin cells with tea tree oil and comforting jojoba wax beads.

Even if you don't have sensitive skin, this is a great mask for all skin types. I've used this on myself and my husband. It does a nice job at getting our skin soft and smooth without being too harsh.

I recommend!




Ole Henriksen Skin Insulator with SPF 15










Basic Stats for Ole Henriksen Skin Insulator with SPF 15:
Formula: rich, thick cream
Cost/Availability: Right now I can only find this product in the Dry/Sensitive Skin Starter Kit (which is where I got all these samples from), which is available on the Ole Henriksen website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Ole Henriksen Skin Insulator with SPF 15 Review:
This cream is made to guard skin from cold weather. I don't need this now, as the temps are in the 70's here this week, but during colder weather my husband used this to help his very dry skin. He said it did a better job than he thought at keeping moisture in. I'd describe it as a jacket for your skin. Put this on when you plan to be out in the color weather and your face will thank you.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these products? Do you have a favorite or is one on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I really like a scrub by Ole H that has walnuts in it. The one that I have tried and liked a lot you reviewed here is the New Beginnings Scrub. I really find that if I use an oxygenating mask every week (or 2x/week), my skin does look more luminous. I got lax on doing masks and scrubs when I got my Clarisonic because my skin looked 100x better just from the Clarisonic. But after 3 years now and not keeping up with a good regime of a # of different masks and scrubs, this winter I really looked older suddenly, loss of radiance (despite using a product AM and PM for radiance. I found I really needed to get back to regular maskings/scrubs. Some folks don't forget because they go for facials all the time. I cannot afford that. I also enjoy the process of doing it for myself. It's relaxing at home in my PJ's and laying down for some time. I even use my garment steamer to blow on my face (keeping it a distance away so as not to burn myself). Works great. Remember folks - it's not only pampering, but it's a necessity to good, healthy skin to mask & use scrubs. I also take the time to put these relaxing eye patches on from Wei East. They are the best thing since sliced bread to sooth your eyes. Plus you still feel the action the eye patches have 2 or more hrs later. That's never happened to me with any eye patches/treatments or de-puffing eye gels.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)