March 7, 2012

Ferro Cosmetics Beauty In A Box - swatches, pics, review of Eye Candy shadows, Ultimate Foundation, Blush, and Matte Veil

Hello, Beautiful!

Ferro Cosmetics sent me a Beauty In A Box to try out and possibly do a review on my blog, which is what I'll share with you in this post. I didn't exactly get a Beauty In A Box, per what is shown on their website. Instead, I received the same products included in the box but different shades and one extra Eye Candy shadow. Regardless, I am really happy with my assortment, the quality of the products, and can't wait for you to keep reading to see everything!

Ferro Cosmetics offers a Beauty In A Box set, with 30% of the profits donated to fashion HOPE. The set includes 1 full sized Eye Candy eyeshadow, 2 demi sized Ultimate Foundations, 1 demi sized Blush, and 1 demi sized Matte Veil. There are four skintone options to choose from: Fair, Light-Medium, Tan, Dark. All this for $50.00. Click here for more information.

I wrote up this post a bit different than normal, listing the basic stats under each product as well as my review for that specific product, instead of reviewing it as a whole.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Ferro Cosmetics
Shown below: Ultimate Foundation in Honey Glaze, Ultimate Foundation in Honey Creme, Matte Veil in Amber, Blush X3 in Merlot, Eye Candy shadow in Stiletto, Eye Candy shadow in Sapphire Smoke.












Ferro Cosmetics
Eye Candy Mineral Eyeshadows
Shades: Stiletto, Sapphire Smoke
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each shade.





Basic Stats for Ferro Cosmetics Eye Candy Mineral Eyeshadow:
Formula: loose powder shadow
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: nice pigmentation; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 47 shades
Cost/Availability: $17.00 (5 g full size). Available on the Ferro Cosmetics website.
Packaging: rounded jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses

Ferro Cosmetics Eye Candy Mineral Eyeshadow:
These eyeshadows are pure vegan mineral pigments, which can also be used on face, lips and body. Water resistant, irritant-free, preservative-free, crease resistant and long lasting. Silky soft pigments that blend easily and wear beautifully.

I love both the shades I have. Stiletto is a gorgeous gray with pretty shimmer, which doesn't show up in the photos. Believe me, this shade is gorgeous in person! I'm actually wearing this shade right now! The shade Sapphire Smoke is such a pretty navy blue; again, prettier in person than in pictures. It goes along beautifully with Stiletto, or by itself. A Very wearable blue shade.

These shadows went on so nicely, very richly pigmented, very long lasting too! Yes, they're a bit pricey compared to other mineral shadows on the market but I think the product is very good quality. You also don't need to use as much, since they have great pigmentation. Loved these shadows!

Ferro Cosmetics
Eye Candy Mineral Eyeshadow
Shade: Stiletto
Shade Description: A gorgeous light gray with pretty shimmer; prettier in person!
 





Ferro Cosmetics
Eye Candy Mineral Eyeshadow
Shade: Sapphire Smoke
Shade Description: A smokey navy blue with shimmer.
 







Ferro Cosmetics Ultimate Foundation
Shades: Honey Glaze, Honey Creme
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.




Basic Stats for Ferro Cosmetics Ultimate Foundation:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: light to full; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 13 shades
Cost/Availability: $29.95 (12 g  full size). Available on the Ferro Cosmetics website.
Packaging: rounded jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Ferro Cosmetics Ultimate Foundation Review:
This foundation is a 3-in-1: concealer, foundation and powder in one matte HD finish. Natural clay from the earth absorbs oils without drying. The Ferro Cosmetics website says this foundation is highly water resistant, which is something I haven't had the chance to test out (but will in the future). Their website also says their foundation has triple the minerals than any brand on the market.

I thought this foundation had a nice texture and was really pigmented, even just swatching it. I did do a before and after, but I accidentally deleted it from my computer. I can say it has great coverage and was able to make my face look good. It's not super full coverage, but it will cover most people's flaws. Out of the two shades I have, either could work for my skintone but I think Honey Glaze would be a better match year round.


Ferro Cosmetics Ultimate Foundation
Shade: Honey Glaze
Shade Description: For medium skintones with golden, honey, or warm undertones.
 






Ferro Cosmetics Ultimate Foundation
Shade: Honey Creme
Shade Description: For light to light medium skintones with neutral or olive undertones.
 








Ferro Cosmetics Matte Veil
Shade: Amber
Shade Description: For tan to dark skintones, or anyone wanting to add a warm tint to their skin.
 



Basic Stats for Ferro Cosmetics Matte Veil:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: sheer
Shade Info: currently available in 4 shades
Cost/Availability: $16.95 (4 g full size). Available on the Ferro Cosmetics website.
Packaging: rounded jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses

Ferro Cosmetics Matte Veil:
A lightweight pure mineral powder infused with natural clay that removes shine, sets makeup, absorbs surface oils, and mattifies skin.

I really liked this matte veil. The powder is super silky and smooth, and glides onto your skin effortlessly, blending seamlessly. The shade I have, Amber, just slightly warms my skintone, as this formula is sheer. It sets makeup nicely and helps keep my skin shine-free.


Ferro Cosmetics Blush X3
Shade: Merlot
Shade Description: A purple berry pink with shimmer.
 



Basic Stats for Ferro Cosmetics Blush X3:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: very pigmented, so use just a little
Shade Info: currently available in 12 shades
Cost/Availability: $16.95 (4 g full size). Available on the Ferro Cosmetics website.
Packaging: rounded jar with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Ferro Cosmetics Blush X3:
A multi-use 100% mineral pigmented blush that adds long wearing color to your cheeks but can also be used on eye, lips and nails.

This was probably the only product that I personally wasn't a fan of, but you may love this blush. I didn't like the color. Merlot is a purple berry pink with shimmer -- and I should point out that it's showing up softer and lighter in color in the photos than it is in real life. The color was just too dark for my taste, and I'm not the biggest fan of blushes with shimmer.

That aside, the formula is really nice and I think I would give another shade a try, such as Suzie's Glow.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these products? Have you tried any of them or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Do you need a primer for this mineral foundation or can it be worn directly over a moisturizer and sunblock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous: It just depends on your skin. I always use a primer out of habit but if you don't have dry skin you probably could skip a primer. It's all preference really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of getting their foundation, but I can't decide on the shade. What is your skin tone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jana: I have light-medium skintone... in MAC i'm NC30/NC25 even NC35 depending on my how tan I am.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)