March 31, 2012

N.Y.C. Cosmetics Liquid Lipshine in Prospect Pink, Brighton Beach Peach - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In this post I'll share with you another N.Y.C. Cosmetics product, this time it's a lip gloss - their Liquid Lipshine. I have this in two shades: Prospect Pink and Brighton Beach Peach. I ended up only liking one of the shades - Brighton Beach Peach - but you may love both shades. Let me know what shade you like best.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

N.Y.C. Cosmetics Liquid Lipshine
Shades: Prospect Pink, Brighton Beach Peach
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.


 












N.Y.C. Cosmetics Liquid Lipshine
Shade: Brighton Beach Peach
Shade Description: A frosty light pink shimmer.

  








N.Y.C. Cosmetics Liquid Lipshine
Shade: Brighton Beach Peach
Shade Description: A nude peach shimmer.
  











Basic Stats for N.Y.C. Cosmetics Liquid Lipshine:
Formula: liquid gloss
Wear: average
Coverage: varies
Shade Info: currently available in 10 shades
Cost/Availability: $2.49 (0.24 fl oz full size). Available at Target, at Walmart, and everywhere else N.Y.C. Cosmetics are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
Packaging: rounded tube with twist-off lid and flatter, longer dot-foot applicator
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This lip gloss is made with pure pigments to give a 3D effect with how glossy they are. Very creamy texture, but I did find that they are slightly tacky - ever so slightly.

Wear:
Average gloss wear; re-apply as wanted/as needed.

Coverage:
The color payoff varies depending on the shade.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 10 shades.

Cost/Availability:
$2.49 (0.24 fl oz full size). Available at Target, at Walmart, and everywhere else N.Y.C. Cosmetics are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.

Packaging:
Rounded tube with twist-off lid and flatter, longer doe-foot applicator.

N.Y.C. Cosmetics Liquid Lipshine Review:
I think these glossies are good, but they're not the best I've ever used. For the price, they're good because you can often find them even cheaper!

Out of the two shades I have, Brighton Beach Peach is my favorite. The Prospect Pink shade was way too frosty for my taste. It seemed very unwearable on my lips and honestly, I just hated the color on my lips. When swatched it looked pretty and in the tube it's pretty, but that's it. You may love it though!

I found these glosses aren't sticky, but they are ever so slightly tacky. For me, Prospect Pink was more tacky.

Overall, I'd recommend the Brighton Beach Peach shade but not the Prospect Pink shade.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these glosses? Have you tried this gloss? If so, what shade do you have and what do you think of the formula? Discuss in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. Nice shades! I have never tried these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love N.Y.C lipglosses! They are soft colours and I've never tried them but if I found it I will buy one. I love your posts because you show aaaaaaaaaaaall the details and the information :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my so pretty! beach peach i think is prettiest for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shades! They're all so pretty!

    Khanak
    www.keepingupwithkhanak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these glosses - truly, they are perhaps my favorite over any h/e or d/s! I've not tried these light shades but I LOVE Big Apple Spice (nice when wearing reds), Rivington Rose (neutral rose with a punch) and just bought Fashion Avenue Fuchsia for summer (talk about a bright pop of lip!). But then I do like a tacky/sticky gloss! The coverage of these shades is wonderful and they feel soooooo good. Maybe try one of these richer shades and see if you like it? But as always, FABULOUS PICS and thank you for a great read! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Barbara: I do want to try one of the richer shades; thanks for that suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)