March 27, 2012

City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack of mini glosses - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Not long ago I shared with you an amazing lip plumper, the City Lips Original Formula Lip Plumper. I still love that lip plumper, but also wanted to share with you all the mini set of 4 glosses I have from them as well - which also plump lips beautifully. I have the CITY Chic 4-Pack, but there are other 4-packs available. In the CITY Chic 4-Pack there are two shade that are pretty much just sheer on my lips and another two shades with more saturated color. All shades have incredible shine and that great plumping power City Lips is known for.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack
Shades: TINSEL Town, SIN City, SUN Diego, PLUM Springs
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
 





















City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack
Shade: TINSEL Town
 


 

 

 

 




City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack
Shade: SIN City
 



 

 

 




City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack
Shade: SUN Diego
 


 

 

 

 




City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack
Shade: PLUM Springs
 



 

 

 

Basic Stats for City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack:
Formula: liquid gloss
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: sheer to light color pay-off
Shade Info: currently available in three 4-pack options
Cost/Availability: $55.00 per 4 pack (1.5 ml each mini tube). Available on the City Lips website and everywhere else City Lips products are sold. Other 4-packs are available on the City Lips website.
Packaging: mini gloss tubes with twist-off lid and brush-applicator
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
The one lip treatment that does it all: plump, restore and prevent aging. Get healthier, smoother and younger looking lips. Plumping spheres penetrate and well instantly adding volume and plumpness. Powerful peptides stimulate natural collagen. The hydrating benefits plump up fine lines around the lip, making the lip line more defined. They are sheer to light in color payoff, enhancing the natural color of your lips.

Wear:
Average to above average gloss wear. I found these actually lasted pretty long for a gloss.

Coverage:
Sheer to light color payoff.

Shade Info:
Currently available in three other 4-pack options.

Cost/Availability:
$55.00 per 4 pack (1.5 ml each mini tube). Available on the City Lips website and everywhere else City Lips products are sold. Other 4-packs are available on the City Lips website.

Packaging:
Mini rounded gloss tubes with twist-off lid and brush-tip applicator.

City Lips CITY Chic 4-Pack Review:
Just like the City Lips Original Lip Plumper, I really liked these mini glosses. They give my lips shiny, juicy looking color with that great City Lips plumping action. I didn't photograph before & after for plumping on these, so just check out my post on the Original City Lips Lip Plumper to see my before & after. These glosses provide identical results.

Out of the four shades I have, I don't know if I could even choose a favorite; I pretty much like them all. They go on nicely, maybe a little thick in texture but still feel smooth and comfortable on my lips. They have incredible shine and will plump up your lips.

I do think they are pricey for the size of the glosses, that's probably my only complaint, however a little goes a long way so these will last a good amount of time even for their mini size. It's a great way to try out several shades before committing to purchasing a full-sized version.

I'd recommend these!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these glosses? What shade do you like best? Discuss in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. Sun diego looks really pretty! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 27 and have tried Maxolip along with a lot of other lip plumpers.

    The best I have found so far is City Lips Advanced Formula. http://www.citylips.com/city-lips-advanced-formula-lip-plumper.html

    I have a naturally full mouth but love lip plumpers because they get rid of the wrinkles on my lips. I love the look of modelesque smooth lips.

    I have tried a lot of lip plumpers. Mostly picking them up at the drugstore or buying whatever they have on sale at TJ Maxx. I never would have paid more than $15 for a lip plumper.

    Then, I was going out with some friends one night and when we were getting ready I asked one of them if I could borrow her lip gloss because the color was really pretty. She let me borrow her City Lips, (it was a colored one, but I don't remember the shade.) I hadn't realized it was a lip plumper at first, because normally the lip plumpers I try irritate my lips when I put them on. they also leave a red ring around my lips and this one didn't do anything like that.

    What the lip plumper DID do was completely smooth the wrinkles from my lips and make them look fuller and poutier. I felt so gorgeous that night! I also noticed that when the City Lips wore off, my lips remained soft. Normally when my gloss or plumper wears off it leaves my lips drier than even.

    After that experience, I bought the clear gloss for everyday wear, and I love it. My lips are even starting to remain wrinkle free for some time after the product wears off. The only drawback is that it can be difficult to get all of the product out of the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love City Lips too and was just about to buy some for Valentines day because I got a coupon from them in an e-mail!

    I have always used clear but am going to try a color for the pink and red holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you just purchase 1 or do you have to buy the set of 4...Thanks, Patti So far I like the City Lips alot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous: This mini pack comes as a set of 4, but they do sell the colors separately, in full size. Check their website.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)