March 15, 2012

Birchbox - March 2012

Hello, Beautiful!

My husband's Birchbox shipment showed up the other day, but I didn't get around to photographing it until today since I've been busy with doctor appointments and CT scans. After 4 years of chronic daily pain I finally think there is an answer - and the answer was there the whole time, but doctors have over looked and I had to point out. I won't get into it now, but I am really excited at the prospect of being pain free in the near future and getting my life back. I can't tell you how much pain I go through on a daily basis, but after 4 years it's become life-as-normal. I'll have to do another post all about it once I know if and when surgery will be scheduled and what all needs to be done. Anyhow, check out what was in my husband's Birchbox shipment. If you want to see what I got in my shipment, click here -- I chose the Teen Vogue box.

For more information on Birchbox, or to sign-up and start receiving your own Birchbox every month, CLICK HERE to visit http://www.birchbox.com?raf=eops9. Just $10 each month!

Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.


March 2012 Birchbox



 


The Included Info Card:
 


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Birchbox shipment: $35.15 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 6 (9 if you count multiples of same item)
  • # of makeup items: 0
  • # of nail items: 1
  • # of skincare items: 1
  • # of body care items: 2
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 1

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

COLOR CLUB Nail Polish in the shade He Loves Me
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Jazz up blah fingers and toes with this lovely pink polish.
  • MY THOUGHTS: You all know I'm a huge nail polish fanatic, so I'm always happy to receive nail polish in my Birchbox. I like the Color Club brand, and the pink color I got is pretty but nothing special; I'm almost positive I have at least 5 dupes for this shade, including one already from Color Club. Still, I like it and I'm happy with it!
  • FULL SIZE: 0.5 fl oz @ $8.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.25 fl oz
  • VALUE: $4.00
 

 

 

 




APOTHEDERM Stretch Mark Cream
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Fade stretch marks with this peptide-packed lotion, which delivers visible results in a matter of weeks.
  • MY THOUGHTS: Although most of my stretch marks have faded since being pregnant, they're still there (just skin color) and I'd of course like them gone but I'm also really accepting of my body so I don't mind them (I call them my tiger stripes... makes them sound cooler, lol). I'm happy to give this product a try!
  • FULL SIZE: 5.7 oz @ $89.95
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.7 oz
  • VALUE: $11.05

  

 

 




NIA 24 Skin Strengthening Complex
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: The first of its kind, this nutrient-packed cream uses a patented niacin-based complex to repair skin from the inside out.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I think I have an addiction to skincare products, and even though I am tired of always getting skincare in my monthly subscription boxes, I'm still happy when a product like this comes along. It's one I would love to try at some point in the near future.
  • FULL SIZE: 50 ml @ $85.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 10 ml
  • VALUE: $17.00
 

 

 

 




SUPERGOOP! Sunscreen Swipe
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Shield yourself from harmful UV rays anywhere you go with these portable wipes -- they're soaked with an award-winning, skin-safe sunscreen formula.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I actually really like the Supergoop! brand; I'll be reviewing one of their products in just a few days! But I haven't tried these wipes, which will be great to keep in my bag when I go to the amusement park.
  • FULL SIZE: 40 pack @ $34.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 2 pack
  • VALUE: $1.70


 




LULU ORGANICS Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Revive flat locks by sprinkling this lavender-scented organic dry shampoo onto your roots.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like dry shampoo, but this packet looks like it will be messy to use. Still, I'll keep it in a travel bag and use it in case of emergency.
  • FULL SIZE: 4 ounce @ $30.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 5 grams
  • VALUE: $0.27

 




TEA FORTE Skin-Smart Teas
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: An antioxidant tea that tastes amazing and helps our skin look more radiant? Yes, please.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I'm not a tea drinker, so I personally won't use these, but I know someone who will. They sound yummy though (cherry marzipan does, anyway).
  • FULL SIZE: 16 tea bags @ $6.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 3 tea bags
  • VALUE: $1.13

  

  

  

  


Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Birchbox shipment this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? If you don't receive Birchbox yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.



9 comments:

  1. why that kind of stuff doesnt exist in Portugal? :(

    http://lipglossgirly.blogspot.com/2012/03/actulizando.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men can get birch boxes? :s lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ miss lara: Anyone can sign up. I have an account for him so I can try more stuff and plus, he takes the products I don't use (not makeup, of course). I signed him up for a box almost a year ago and have been getting and sharing with my readers both shipments every month. I have our Birchbox profiles set differently and we normally get different boxes, which is good for tying more stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this same exact box! I think it was a miss for sure! I wanted the neon Color club nail polish. The opaque pink was meh...anyhow, was your Apothederm half filled? Mine was and I emailed Birchbox. They are sending me a new sample. I wish I would've selected the Teen Vogue box when I received the email. Who knew it would've been 2 full size products?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous: Yes, my Apothederm sample was half filled too, or I at least think so now that you mention it. I just assumed it was one of those situations where the packaging is bigger so you think you're getting more than you really are. I'd be curious if that was the case or of it really was half full. I may have to figure out the weight when I have some more time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my birchbox(got the teen vogue one) but I LOVE your nail polish in this one! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, this post keeps me wanting to rejoin, I'm just afraid of being disappointed again : /

    As for the hair powder, get a little travel size shaker bottle or a spice bottle and empty it into that ;)

    The teas sound good....I'm very loyal to one brand but I'd drink those!

    As for your pain, I am so sorry. I've been in chronic pain for 16 years. I truly hope you have found the answer and that a pain-free life is right around the corner for you! I'm investigating surgery myself for my daily migraines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ The Crafty Angel: Thanks for the tip on how to store the hair powder... although it seems one-time-use with how much is in there. I read some reviews that said it wasn't good, so I'm not sure it would even be worth the effort, lol.

    And I'm very sorry you've been in chronic pain for 16 years!!!! I suffered migraines too - I'd get them weekly where I'd be completely unable to function. I found the source of what was causing them (the meds I was on for my pain), so we switched the meds and now I only get migrains a few times a year. Have you tried taking Amitriptlyine (or however you spell that)? I would take that to help the migraines. It took the migraines away, but would make me super sleepy. I couldn't imagine getting them for 16 years! :(
    My pain involves an injury I did to myself while pole dancing (for fitness, in my home). Doctors missed the fact that I completely bused my tail bone and it's since healed in a crooked and off position. It's compressing nerves and all kinds of stuff. I can't sit, walk, lay, et. without pain. It's literally a pain in my ass, lol! I won't get into it all, but it's unbelieveable that the doctors missed this major break (my tailbone is at a 90 degree angle). Anyhow, I really, really, really hope you can find some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your thorough post on this month's Birch Box. I wanted to comment on the half full post of the Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream. You are in fact correct, the weight included in the packaging represents that amount listed on the label. Please feel free to contact customerservice@apothederm.com as well if there are any questions regarding this.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)