March 27, 2012

N.Y.C. Cosmetics Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup & Pressed Face Powder - swatches, pics, before & after, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

For those of you who like/prefer drugstore brand foundations and powders, then you should give the N.Y.C. Cosmetics Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup and Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder a try. I was really impressed with both products, especially for such a low price point. I have the liquid foundation in two shades and the powder in one shade. I'll show you both products below.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

N.Y.C. Cosmetics
Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup & Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
 




N.Y.C. Cosmetics
Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup
Shades: Barely Beige, Soft Beige
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.



 




N.Y.C. Cosmetics
Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup
Shade: 678 Barely Beige
 



 

 




N.Y.C. Cosmetics
Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup
Shade: 679 Soft Beige
 



 

 

Basic Stats for N.Y.C. Cosmetics Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup:
Formula: liquid foundation
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: light to medium; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 6 shades
Cost/Availability: $2.99 (1 fl oz full size). Available on the N.Y.C. Cosmetics website, at Target, at Walmart and everywhere else N.Y.C. Cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: rounded glass bottle with twist-off lid
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

N.Y.C. Cosmetics Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup Review:
This liquid foundation controls shine for up to 12 hours of flawless wear. Mattifies skin, is smudge-proof and fade-proof. Made with antioxidant vitamins A, C and E to help protect against free radicals, while it reduces the appearance of dark circles, fine line sand wrinkles.

This was a nice liquid foundation, but I'm not sure if I would buy a replacement bottle when it runs out. It's affordable, which I love, and has decent light to medium buildable coverage, but I don't know... just wasn't a match for me.

However, this could be a great foundation for you. It does have a smooth texture that blends easily, although if you have dry skin this may make it noticeable. I'd recommend using a hydrating primer underneath if you have dry skin.

I did like that this dried down pretty quickly, so if you want to add another layer you can do so quickly. It has good staying power too. Even the shade Soft Beige worked good for my skintone, but I still only gave it a 3.5 out of 5 Kisses because it was above good, but wasn't great. Still an affordable option to check out the next time you're looking for a drugstore brand foundation.





N.Y.C. Cosmetics Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup
Before & After





N.Y.C. Cosmetics
Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder
Shade: 704 Warm Beige


 






Basic Stats for N.Y.C. Cosmetics Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder:
Formula: pressed powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 3 shade options
Cost/Availability: $2.99 (0.33 oz full size). Available on the N.Y.C. Cosmetics website, at Target, at Walmart and everywhere else N.Y.C. Cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: round compact that pops-open; includes an applicator sponge
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

N.Y.C. Cosmetics Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder Review:
This pressed powder reduces oil, shine and the appearance of skin imperfections with a blend of micronized pigments and emollients for smooth application. Evens out skintone and is great for finishing off your foundation and for touch-ups throughout the day. Oil-free.

Surprisingly, I really liked this powder. The color may be a little light for me, but it makes a great setting powder and kind of just evens things out. I find myself taking it with me, and applying when I need to cut down shine on my face or just re-touch.

The coverage level is sheer to light, depending on how much you use. If you use too much it does get a bit cakey. I've only applied this with a makeup brush, so I don't know how well the coverage would be with the included applicator; I ended up throwing out the applicator.

Overall, a really nice and affordable powder that I'd recommend!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these Smooth Skin products from N.Y.C. Cosmetics? Have you tried either of them or do you want to? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR REVIEWS!
    They are so in depth and the pictures are amazing!

    I was reading your FAQ and noticed that you said you play around with the settings on your camera....
    It would be awesome if you could do a post on how to take really good close up pictures... without using Macro :P

    Just a request, of course I understand if you can't!

    Love from California!
    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Marla: Thank you SO much :) My settings are usually setting my f stop between 11 and 18 depending on my lighting and the product color (usually white products need an 18 because they blend into the background on a lower f stop setting). And I usually shoot at 1/160 with my ISO set to 125. I use studio lights as my lighting source. And that's pretty much it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this foundation a few weeks ago and used it once and it made my face itch so bad that I had to remove it and re do all my makeup with a diff foundation lol. but I really like the powder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! New follower here. :) I love your reviews and I seriously have to check this foundation out! I always overlook NYC so it will be cool to rediscover some things.

    I just made a blog, so if you'd like to check it out, here's my link:
    http://facesbyjeanine.blogspot.com

    xx Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)