March 28, 2012

Erth Minerals Foundation in shade 2.3 - swatches, pics, before & after, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Earlier this month I showed you the Erth Minerals Eyeshadows in six shades, but in this post I'll share with you their foundation in the shade 2.3 - which is a pretty good match for my skintone. The coverage is sheer to medium depending on how many layers you use. I don't remember how many I used in the before & after pic... I think it was just 2 thin layers.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Erth Minerals Foundation
Shade: 2.3

 

 




 

 



Erth Minerals Foundation Before & After:
 

Basic Stats for Erth Minerals Foundation:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: buildable - sheer to medium
Shade Info: currently available in 14 shades
Cost/Availability: $15.00 (9 g  full size). Available on the Erth Minerals website.
Packaging: rounded jar with twist-off lid and click-open/close sifter
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
Loose-powder mineral foundation with a matte finish. Contains SPF 15 and can also be used as a concealer.

Wear:
Average to above average wear, depending on if you use a primer and your skin type. For me, this didn't last all day but I do have oily skin.

Coverage:
Sheer to medium, buildable coverage. Keep building layers until your desired effect.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 14 shades.

Cost/Availability:
$15.00 (9 g  full size). Available on the Erth Minerals website.

Packaging:
Rounded jar with twist-off lid and click-open/close sifter.

Erth Minerals Foundation Review:
For me, this foundation was nice and it offered pretty nice coverage, but it wasn't anything above and beyond for what my skin needs. If you don't have as many flaws as I do, you'll love the coverage level this foundation offers. If you do have more skin issues, this will even out your skintone and with building and concealer, you can get great coverage. You could also use it on top of other foundations to add and even coverage.

They offer 14 shades, and the shades seem pretty forgiving overall. The shade I have, 2.3, is described as for light to medium skin with neutral undertones. They say it's comparable to bareMinerals foundation in Medium Beige, which is one of the bareMinerals shades I own - but I find the Erth Minerals foundation to be slightly lighter, but their undertones work better on me.

Overall, an affordable product to try if you're in the market for a mineral foundation!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I love reviews done by you - they are very thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great review! i love your before and after shot as well!! i am a mineral makeup lover myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so want some mineral foundations inindia..!! i so badly need 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erth is hosting a $200 Erth Minerals makeup giveaway!! Please sign up at:

    http://www.erthminerals.com/pages/erth-200-giveaway

    Vanessa
    Erth Minerals

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)