March 15, 2012

Mally Face Defender Blush in Pink Perfection - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you love Mally's Face Defender, you'll lover her Face Defender Blush! It has that same texture and application style, and the color I have - Pink Perfection - is so pretty. I'm a powder blush type of gal, but I am in love with this blush!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Mally Face Defender Blush
Shade: Pink Perfection
Shade Description: A rosey coral pink; no shimmer.
 


  













Basic Stats for Mally Face Defender Blush:
Formula: solid gel
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: sheer to full; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 4 shades
Cost/Availability: $26.00 (0.21 oz full size). Available on QVC's website.
Packaging: square compact; mirror on one side, blush on the other
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This blush is not a powder, not a cream, not a liquid, not a gel, but a unique mixture of them all. I call it a solid gel formula... but I don't even think that's the right description. If you've ever used her Evercolor Poreless Face Defender, then it's that same type of formula. It's silky smooth, lightweight, and applies very naturally.

Wear:
Average to above average wear; I find this lasts a very long time.

Coverage:
Sheer to full, buildable coverage. I like to apply it sheer, but you can of course build the color to your preference.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 4 shades.

Cost/Availability:
$26.00 (0.21 oz full size). Available on QVC's website. I'm not sure why it's not yet available on Mally's website, although I'm sure it will be soon. I know this blush is in one of her kits, so that's a great way to try it too, along with other Mally products.

Packaging:
Square compact; one side has mirror the other side has the blush.

Mally Face Defender Blush Review:
I loved Mally's Evercolor Poreless Face Defender; it was a product that truly impressed me because I didn't think it would work (but it does, and I love it). After trying that out, I knew I wanted to try a blush version.

I'm really not into cream, liquid or gel blushes because I find they mess up my makeup and with all my flaws and such I can't afford for anything to disturb my makeup. That's why I prefer powder blushes. However, this blush goes on beautifully. You can apply it with your fingers, a brush, or even a sponge. I've been using a brush mostly, and it applies beautifully.

On me, it's long lasting but I've read some reviews that said it didn't last long on them. It could be a number of factors, from skin type to prep and set differences.

The color, Pink Perfection, is perfection. It's a beautiful shade of pink, perfect for spring and summer as it really freshens up my face. There is no shimmer, so it gets bonus points. I may love glitter for my eyes, but I'm really not a glitter fan for my blush!

Overall, I'd highly recommend this!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this blush? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)