March 8, 2012

Beauty Bar Sample Society Box - March 2012

Hello, Beautiful!

This is the very first box from Beauty Bar's Sample Society with Allure. I am really impressed with this subscription service. The value was fantastic; my box was worth $58.71 - which is pretty good!

The shipping was super fast too. My box shipped on the 7th and I received it the very next day, which I loved! Fastest shipping so far from a sample program. The only bad thing is there is no makeup samples, which was disappointing. Hopefully next month they'll include a makeup item - like a gloss or shadow.

For more information on Beauty Bar's Sample Society, or to sign-up and start receiving your own box every month, CLICK HERE. $15 each month.

Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.


March 2012 Beauty Bar Sample Society













The Included Info Packet:

 
 



Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Birchbox shipment: $58.71 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of makeup items: 0
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skincare items: 3
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of fragrance items: 1
  • # of other items: 0

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream
  • MY THOUGHTS: I love this glossing cream and just picked up the full sized at Target, which was on clearance for only $11! I'm happy to have a travel sized.
  • FULL SIZE: 4 oz @ $22.50
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1.6 oz
  • VALUE: $9.00
 






REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask
  • MY THOUGHTS: I liked the way this smelled (like orange juice) and I look forward to trying it out!
  • FULL SIZE: 1.7 oz @ $55.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 fl oz
  • VALUE: $16.18


 










SKYN ICELAND Icelandic Relief Eye Pen
  • MY THOUGHTS: I was happy to see a full sized product in the very first box! The value of this pen alone is worth more than what I paid for the entire box. I look forward to trying it out.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.14 oz @ $20.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.14 oz (full sized item)
  • VALUE: $20.00







DERMALOGICA Daily Microfoliant
  • MY THOUGHTS: I received this same sample in my February Birchbox, but getting another one is never a bad thing!
  • FULL SIZE: 2.6 oz @ $50.00 (Beauty Bar sells it for just $40 right now)
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.45 oz
  • VALUE: $8.65
 







OSCAR DE LA RENTA Esprit d'Oscar Deluxe Mini-Rollerball
  • MY THOUGHTS: I hate perfume samples, but I have to give credit to Sample Society for giving us a rollerball sample and not a sample vial. I don't like the fragrance, but if you do then you'll love this mini rollerball!
  • FULL SIZE: 1.6 fl oz @ $78.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: .1 fl oz
  • VALUE: $4.88

 


Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Sample Society box this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? If not, will you sign up? Discuss in the comments below.



7 comments:

  1. I love all of these samples! I wish I had signed up. Im on the waiting list. So I will def need to sign up when i get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be keeping an eye out to see if they include makeup or nail polish samples, then I will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received the DERMALOGICA Daily Microfoliant as part of my February Luxe Box shipment. I love the stuff, and I hope it works well for you too. I have fairly good skin to start with, but after using this, I noticed my pores were more refined and my skin just looked better overall. I got the same size sample and have been using it everyday for a few weeks, so it lasts a while. I'm hopinh to purchase the full-size if I can find it on sale. I'm curious about how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try beauty box too :D
    But there's no beauty box program at my place :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my Sample Society box and while I love all the products (except the perfume, it's too old smelling or something) I do wish there was a makeup product of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got my box today! I love it!!! I already tried the eye cream (I'm having some obnoxious eye bag problems going on so this was welcome! And I didn't notice any cooling sensation like it said I might--I wish I had tho, my eyes hurt)

    Love the other samples and I am a rollerball FAN--I understand what JJ said about the "old smell"--it is more of a classic scent, but it reminds me of my grandma which is a good thing! So I like it, not too strong and way easier to use than traditional samples--I can literally just put a dab on and that's enough (not a fan of the spray samples either).

    SO happy I signed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait until I get mine :). I'm disappointed all my sample services have been sending mostly skincare, but at least these are from reputable brands and not mall-kiosk junk I'd never touch.

    I am a little worried that subsequent boxes won't be as good, considering the first month is always best.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)