March 18, 2012

Exude Lip Creme in Red No. 1 - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Not long ago I reviewed the Exude Lip Gloss, which I absolutely loved and have been keeping in my purse; the color is perfection when it comes to a nude and the formula is really wonderful. In this post I'll share with you the Exude Lip Creme, which I didn't like as much - I still liked it, but I loved the lip gloss version and I only kind of liked the lip creme version. The shade I have, Red No. 1, isn't a color for me - I just don't like red lipstick on me, but if you like red shades then you would love this one!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Exude Lip Creme
Shade: Red No. 1
Shade Description: A bright, true red.
 












  



















Basic Stats for Exude Lip Creme:
Formula: liquid lipstick
Wear: average
Coverage: medium to full buildable color
Shade Info: currently available in 9 shades
Cost/Availability: $29.00 (.09 fl oz full size). Available on the Exude website, the Birchbox website, and everywhere else Exude products are sold.
Packaging: rounded lipstick tube with pull-off lid and lipstick bullet that color twists-up out of
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
A lightweight, moisturizing liquid lipstick, which is enhanced with a minty scent. This creamy formula has vitamin E and C mixed in a creamy gel texture.

Wear:
Average wear; re-apply as needed/as wanted.

Coverage:
Medium to full buildable color.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 9 shades; I think I'd like to try the Coral, Pink, or Nude shade - which I feel would work better for me. 

Cost/Availability:
$29.00 (.09 fl oz full size). Available on the Exude website, the Birchbox website, and everywhere else Exude products are sold.

Packaging:
Rounded lipstick tube with pull-off lid and a lipstick bullet, which contains the liquid lipstick color; twist-up to make the color come out.

Exude Lip Creme Review:
I want to start off by saying that I do like the formula of this Lip Creme, but hated the applicator for it. It's the same applicator/packaging as the Exude Lip Gloss, but for some reason I find it much messier/more annoying to apply the Lip Creme. I'm not sure why, but that's just what I thought. I find it's easier to apply a little bit in the center of your lip, then use your pinky finger to apply it or even a lip brush.

The shade I have, Red No. 1, isn't a shade for me only because I'm not a fan of red shades on me. However, if I put aside how it looks on me, I can say this is a really pretty red. It's a nice vibrant, true red. There is a lot of shine to it too, which is why I liked this formula, and it does feel comfortable on your lips.

Overall, I think this is a really nice formula, but I didn't like the application method of this when I compare it to the Exude Lip Gloss. I'd still recommend trying it out, and I think some people were lucky enough to get one in their Birchbox shipments!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip product? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I LOVE reds! This is an interesting product, great review!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)