I know I've been posting a lot of longer posts that include a bunch of swatch photos. Because some are so long they get pushed back a few pages on this blog. That means they may be missed by some readers. I figured it would be nice to do a Swatch Post Catch Up at the end of each month to link to all swatch posts from that month for easier reference, sorted by swatch type (nail polish, foundation, eyeshadow, etc.). I won't link to non-swatch posts, although there are plenty of them too. You can always go to the left side and scroll down to the "My Posts", "Browse By Category", or even "Search My Blog" if you're looking for something specific.
Since I want to do this every month, beginning this year, I'm also including posts from January.
* click on any subject below to re-visit that blog post *
Swatch Post Catch Up: January & February 2011
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: Swatches of ALL 18 shades shown together (for best comparison) and by themselves; plus review.
- L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation: Swatches of 3 shades (Classic Ivory, Nude Beige, Sun Beige); plus review.
- American Apparel Nail Lacquer: Swatches of 7 shades (Cameo Blue, Palm Springs, Summer Peach, Office, Port, Army Jacket, Berry), plus review.
- American Apparel Nail Lacquer: Swatches of 6 shades (Echo Park, African Violet, L'Esprit, MacArthur Park, Butter, Malibu Green)
- OPI Katy Perry Collection & Black Shatter: Swatches of 5 shades (Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night, Not Like The Movies, The One That Got Away, Black Shatter [shown over 5 different colors]), plus review.
- Nina Ultra Pro Nail Lacquer: Swatches of 6 shades (In A Tiff, Purple-Xing, Blue Blaze, Sailor, Punki Purple, Tangerine Dream)
- Orly Nail Lacquer: Swatches of 4 shades (Lunar Eclipse, Royal Navy, Charged Up, Sugar Plum)
- Butter London Nail Lacquer: Swatches of 4 shades (Minger, Chuffed, Primrose Hill Picnic, Pearly Queen)
- Wet n Wild Fastdry Nail Polish: Swatches of 17 shades (Party of Five Glitters, Teal of Fortune, Saved By The Blue, Everybody Loves Redmond, How I Met Your Magenta, The Wonder Yellows, FuchsiaRama, Sage In The City, 22.214.171.124.Orange, The Gold & The Beautiful, SaGreena The Teenage Witch, Teal or No Teal, Ebony Hates Chris, Buffy The Violet Slayer, Hannah Pinktana, Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire, Silvivor); plus review.
- Nail Art inspired by Monster High dolls: 8 different nail art designs.
- Nail Art inspired by Jason Mraz and Engagement: 4 different nail art designs.
- Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips: Swatches of shade Laced Up; plus review and tutorial.
- Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips: Swatches of shade Misbehaved; plus review and tutorial.
- NOTD (Nail Of The Day): Galaxy Nails
- Sparkle-icious Heels & Polish: I found heels that are practically an exact match to the OPI Sparkle-icous nail lacquer. Photos comparing the two (and my extreme joy of finding these heels) can be found in this post.
Eyes (eye shadow, mascara, liners, etc.)
- Claire's Designers Eyes makeup kit: Swatches of 3 eyeshadow primers, 20 eyeshadows, 2 mascaras and 2 eyeliners; plus review and pics of the 4 eye tutorials shown in the kit.
- Victoria's Secret Minerals Luminous Eye Shadow: Swatches of 2 shades (Bubbly, Luxe), plus review.
- Victoria's Secret Brilliant Shimmer Shadow: Swatches of shade Silverdust, plus review.
- Stila It Girl Palette: Swatches of this 3-pan shadow palette (Lame, Chloe, Kitten)
Lips (lip gloss, lipstick, etc.)
- Victoria's Secret Minerals Lip Gloss: Swatches of 2 shades (Crave, Untamed), plus review.
- Victoria's Secret Sparkling Lip Gloss: Swatches of shade Halo, plus review.
A little of this, a little of that
- January 2011 Birchbox: There are no actual swatches, but there are photos of each item in January's Birchbox, along with the info card (front & back), and price breakdown showing the value of January's shipment.
- February 2011 Birchbox: There are no actual swatches, but there are photos of each item in February's Birchbox, along with the info card (front & back), and price breakdown showing the value of February's shipment.
- Benefit's Stay Put Set: Includes swatches of Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in the shade R.S.V.P., Benefit's Erase Paste in the shade Medium, and Benefit's Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow & concealer primer; plus review of each product.