Lately I've been playing around with layering nail polish because sometimes I feel wearing just one color to be too boring. Not to mention that you can get really pretty results when you layer certain colors and combine finishes.
I'm calling today's Nail Of The Day (NOTD) Galaxy Nails:
To re-create this NOTD:
1. Apply your base coat. I used Seche Vite Clear base coat. Allow to dry.
2. Apply two coats of black nail polish (a creme finish will work best). I used China Glaze nail lacquer in Liquid Leather. Allow each coat to dry before going to the next.
3. After both coats of black are applied I did one coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (to speed up the process, but you can certainly just let your nails air dry before moving on).
4. Next apply one coat of a glitter nail polish. Choose something with a clear base for best results. I used N.Y.C. Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Starry Silver Glitter.
5. To finish it off I used two coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (to make it ultra glossy and to make it dry fast). I allow at least 2 minute between each coat of Seche Vite and then another 5 minutes afterwards before trying to do anything (so I don't dent my nails).