January 19, 2011

My surgery date is set!

Hello, Beautiful!

Just another update with my surgery journey :)

I'm so excited right now because my surgery date is set! It will be on March 2nd at 9am! It seems so far away, but it will be here before I know it.

There are still details I need to take care of - like getting my labs done and picking up a copy of the operating report from my ENT doc (regarding my septoplasty surgery). But besides those two things, I really just need to finalize the arrangement of when my mom and grandmom will be here to help out.

My pre-op appointment will fall shortly after Valentine's Day and from there it's only about 2 weeks until my surgery! WOW - it really will be here before I know it!!!

Only 41 more days until I get a new nose and a new chin! More surgery updates will follow as they happen.


On a side note...

I'm sick. I woke up with an awful sore throat and just that hit-by-a-truck feeling. A fever followed not far behind the sore throat and I quickly turned into a blanket zombie, hanging out on the couch.

I really cannot be sick right now. There are too many things to do! But I also know that sometimes getting sick is a blessing in disguise. It forces you to slow down and take a break - which is something I've desperately needed lately.

I have a feeling I got sick from the kid in my son's class that sneezed into my mouth. Yeah, that was probably it. Awesome.


Alright, gotta run for now. I just realized it's 10pm and my son is still up (he's been helping my husband build my custom nail polish rack, hehe). I can already see how fun the morning will be... "mom, I'm tooooo tired", "mom, I need to stay home from school", "I can't brush my teeth. I can't get dressed". Oh what fun it will be.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Glad for your surgery.
    Heal yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious sore throat.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)