March 22, 2012

Cocoon Apothecary Ancient Mud, Awaken Eye Cream, Kahuna Organic Body Lotion - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In this post I'll share with you three more products from the Cocoon Apothecary line - their Ancient Mud (a face mask), Awaken Eye Cream, and Kahuna Organic Body Lotion. Both myself and a friend of mine tested out these products, and I'll share both our thoughts in the review sections for each product.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Cocoon Apothecary Ancient Mud, Awaken Eye Cream, Kahuna Organic Body Lotion
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual product.
  





Cocoon Apothecary Ancient Mud

 

 

 


 

 


Basic Stats for Cocoon Apothecary Ancient Mud:
Formula: watery and creamy mud
Cost/Availability: $24.18 (3.5 oz full size). Available on the Cocoon Apothecary website and everywhere else Cocoon Apothecary is sold.
Packaging: round jar with twist-off lid
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Cocoon Apothecary Ancient Mud Review:
Detoxify, exfoliate and tighten skin with two of nature's most potent beauty treatments: Dead Sea mud and Canadian Glacial Marine Clay. Dead Sea mud has been used since ancient times as a health and beauty treatment. It remineralizes the skin with essentials nutrients and purifies pores of toxins and pollutants. Glacial marine Clay from the coast of British Colombia is an extremely fine powder that absorbs deep into pores to pull out contaminants and excess oil. Both the mud and the clay work synergistically to pull out the bad and leave the good. Use once per week avoiding eye area. For all skin types.

I have an addiction to face masks and peels, so I was of course excited to use this. The smell isn't something I like, but it's not bad either. The texture is watery and creamy at the same time. I felt this mask did a great job at clearing my skin of all the bad stuff. I don't think it reduces pore size, at least not mine, but with continued use its possible. My skin does feel tighter after use and feels smooth.

I applied this mask on my friend, and she liked the way it felt and how her skin felt and looked afterwards.

I loved this mask, and if it wasn't for the smell I would have rated this 5 out of 5 Kisses! It's definitely worth checking out.




Cocoon Apothecary Eyewaken Eye Cream



 


 


Basic Stats for Cocoon Apothecary Eyewaken Eye Cream:
Formula: cream
Cost/Availability: $20.15 (1 fl oz full size). Available on the Cocoon Apothecary website and everywhere else Cocoon Apothecary is sold.  
Packaging: round jar with twist-off lid
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Cocoon Apothecary Eyewaken Eye Cream Review:
A refreshing, hydrating blend of botanical waters and plant oils specifically formulated to combat dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles. A soothing, firming formula that relieves tired eyes so they look their best. For all skin types.

This eye cream was very creamy and had a light scent. It felt very good going on - refreshing and light. I haven't been using it long enough to get a good feel for the long term results, but from what I've used of it, I thought it was nice.

My friend used this more than I did (since I've been testing out several eye creams lately), and she too liked the way it felt going on. She especially commented on how creamy it was and how good her eyes felt.

Overall, we'd both recommend this.




Cocoon Apothecary Kahuna Organic Body Lotion in Lemongrass & Ylang Ylang
  


 

Basic Stats for Cocoon Apothecary Kahuna Organic Body Lotion:
Formula: creamy lotion
Cost/Availability: $21.16 (8 fl oz full size). Available on the Cocoon Apothecary website and everywhere else Cocoon Apothecary is sold.  
Packaging: rounded bottle with pump-top applicator
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Cocoon Apothecary Kahuna Organic Body Lotion Review:
An organic body lotion that is super hydrating and fast absorbing. Kahuna locks in moisture with the luxurious oils of virgin coconut and macadamia nut. Keeps skin feeling nourished and moisturized with a super light feel.

This lotion had a light scent, and to me it smelled lemony. I didn't love the scent, but it wasn't horrible either. The texture of this lotion is nice and creamy, yet lightweight. It did absorb into my skin quickly and left my skin feeling very soft and hydrated.

I gave this to my friend to test out, and she ended up loving it, even loving the light scent. She said she'd reocmmend this.


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these products? Have you tried any of them or would you like to add any of them to your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)