March 4, 2012

Sula Natural Lip Pencils in Deja Vu, Take A Chance - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In this post I'll share with you another product from Sula's Spring 2012 Playfully Pretty line. Their Natural Lip Pencils are creamy, smooth, glossy pencils to give your lips popsicle-like juicy color.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Sula Natural Lip Pencils
Shades: Deja Vu, Take A Chance
Continue scrolling down to see more pics on each individual shades.














Sula Natural Lip pencils
Shade: Deja Vu
Shade Description: A juicy orange.









Sula Natural Lip Pencils
Shade: Take A Chance
Shade Description: A juicy raspberry.






Basic Stats for Sula Natural Lip Pencil:
Formula: solid color stick
Wear: average
Coverage: light, vibrant
Shade Info: I'm not 100% sure how many shades there will be, but I know of these two
Cost/Availability: $8.00 (0.14 oz full size). Will be available on the Sula website, Ulta's website, and at select Duane Reade stores.
Packaging: thicker rounded pencil with pull-off cap; color twists-up
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
These lip pencils are made with all natural ingredients. They glide on creamy, smooth, and non-sticky. They feel comfortable on my lips, have a little bit of pretty shine, and the colors remind me of popsicles.

Wear:
Average wear; re-apply as needed.

Coverage:
Light, vibrant color that you can build up or make more sheer.

Shade Info:
I'm not 100% sure how many shades there will be, but I know of the two shades I own.

Cost/Availability:
$8.00 (0.14 oz full size). Will be available on the Sula website, Ulta's website, and at select Duane Reade stores.

Packaging:
A thicker, rounded pencil with pull-off cap. Color twists-up.

Sula Natural Lip Pencil Review:
I really liked the formula of these lip pencils. They glide onto your lips with ease, leaving behind pretty popsicle-like color.

They are vibrant shades, which will perk up your smile beautifully for spring. Out of the two shades I have, the shade Take A Chance is one I'd probably wear more. The shade Deja Vu is really pretty on its own, but I don't wear much orange on my lips. It would be great for a specific type of look.

Overall, yes, I'd recommend these! They're affordable, have a nice formula, and look fresh for spring!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip pencils? Which shade would you wear? Discuss in the comments below.

8 comments:

  1. deja vu is so great, i didn't know that it was so pretty :D love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great! I really like De Ja Vu. I've been into corals and orange lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ MissDoll: Thank you for saying that! I really like wearing it, but I haven't worn it out of the house yet because I'm not sure how good it looks and I don't feel like it's spring just yet, lol. Maybe I'll try it out of the house too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get the lipstick to twist up? It shouldn't be this hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous: The bottom is supposed to twist up. I've heard a few people having problems getting it to twist up and actually, I think that's why these are harder to find now (they're not on Sula's website).

    I twisted the bottom of mine right off and still couldn't get it to twist up when it came time to do so.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)