October 13, 2011

Tarte LipSurgence -- swatches, pics, review of 6 shades: Perky, Swank, Glitzy, Flashy, Dazzled, Sweet

Hello, Beautiful!

I received a Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in the shade Sweet in a previous Tarte kit sold on QVC (the Tarte Glow Your Way To Gorgeous 8-pc Maracuja & Clay Collection). I was really impressed with the product and I've wanted to try more shades for awhile now. I now have 6 shades, thanks to a recent value set sold at Sephora (more details below in the Cost/Availability stats). I have two of the Natural Lip Tints and four of the Natural Lip Lusters.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...


Tarte LipSurgence
Natural Lip Tints and Natural Lip Lusters
Shown below are all shades I own for color comparison next to each other.
Scroll down for even more swatches of each shade individually!







Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster
Shade: Flashy
Shade Description: A bright iridescent fuchsia luster.
 








Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster
Shade: Glitzy
Shade Description: A pinky brown luster.
 








 Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster
Shade: Dazzled
Shade Description: A coral red-pink luster.
 








 Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster
Shade: Sweet
Shade Description: A golden pink luster.
 








Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint
Shade: Perky
Shade Description: A sheer soft pink.
 








Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint
Shade: Swank
Shade Description: A sheer cherry red.
 








Basic stats for Tarte LipSurgence:
Formula: moisturizing creamy chubby pencil
Coverage: sheer; light; buildable
Wear: average
Shade Info: The Tarte LipSurgence pencils come in an array of shades and formulas. See more detalis below.
Cost/Availability: $24 each (0.1 oz full size). Available on Tarte's website, Sephora's website, and everywhere else Tarte Cosmetics are sold (such as Ulta).
Packaging: chubby pencil, pull-off cap, twist-up for product when needed; color of pencil coordinates with the color shade
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
Tarte LipSurgence is available in a few formulas: Lip Lusters, Lip Tint, and Matte Lip Tint.

The Lip Tint gives glossy sheer color, the Lip Lusters are basically a shimmering version of the original Lip Tints, and the Matte Lip Tints are just like the original Lip Tints, but in a non-shiny, matte formula.

The high-performance natural LipSurgence technology is clinically proven to increase moisture content by an astonishing 6000%. This proprietary blend effectively increases skin's water content for a plumped-up appearance, leaving lips defined, smoothed and hydrated. The result is naturally fuller, healthier lips without  any irritation or stinging. Natural peppermint adds a refreshing burst of flavor with each application.

Free from gluten, animal testing, formaldehyde donors, oil, talc, MEA/DEA/TEA; basically nothing bad in this stuff!


Coverage:
These basically provide sheer to light color. They're not full-color by any means, but they're not so sheer that you can't see the color. There are plenty of colorful options!


Wear:
They're pretty long-wearing. Some shades do tend to leave behind a subtle tint even after the shine is gone.


Shade Info:
There are many shades available; here are some details...
(shades in red are the ones I have)

  • Lip Luster: 11 shades available - Sweet, Adored, Buff, Fever, Frisky, Glisten, Pouty, Dazzled, Flashy, Glitzy, Achiote
  • Lip Tint: 10 shades available - Amused, Charmed, Enchanted, Joy, Lust, Moody, Peaceful, Perky, Swank, limited-edition True Blood shade
  • Matte Lip Tint: 6 shades available - Envy, Exposed, Fiery, Hope, Lively, Lucky



Cost/Availability:
$24 each (0.1 oz full size). Available on Tarte's websiteSephora's website, and everywhere else Tarte Cosmetics are sold (such as Ulta). Sephora sells the Tarte Lip Service Limited-Edition LipSurgence Collection, which is part of the 2011 Tarte Holiday Collection. The set sells for just $29, which is only $5 more than the price of one! I knew I had to take advantage of such a great value (the kit has a $120 value). Tarte also sell the same LipSurgence 5-pc set for $29 on their website.


Packaging:
These are chubby pencils that you twist-up when you need more product. The pencil color matches the shade of lip product. Pull-off caps.


Tarte LipSurgence Review:
I really love these lip pencils! I have to be honest and say I passed up the opportunity to purchase these many times because of how they looked; not even reading about them or looking at swatches. I just thought they looked too bright/colorful and they didn't look like they'd be moisturizing at all. Since my closest Sephora or Ulta is about an hour away there wasn't an easy way to see these in person, and I wasn't going to gamble with an online purchase. Every time I did happen to go to Sephora or Ulta I would look at them, but never swatch them. I don't know why I ignored them for so long because they are amazing!

I received a Natural Lip Luster in the shade Sweet in a previous Tarte kit sold on QVC (the Tarte Glow Your Way To Gorgeous 8-pc Maracuja & Clay Collection). I was really impressed with the product and knew I had to have more shades! That's when I fell in love with them!

They're very moisturizing. Even when my lips are chapped I can put one of these on and know my lips will be smoothed out and feeling great in seconds. The colors are nice and sheer to light color pay off; but not too sheer. I probably shouldn't even call them sheer but I'd call anything labeled a "lip tint" as sheer to light.

I was lucky to pick up a 5-pack for an incredible price, and I know the next time there is a value set I will pounce on it like there is no tomorrow.

These lip pencils are amazing! I highly recommend checking these out and picking up the value set while it's still available!





Now let me know what you think...
Do you have any of these lip pencils? If so, what formula do you have (Lip Luster, Lip Tint, or Matte Lip Tint,)? If you don't have any, do you want any of these? What shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.




9 comments:

  1. I'd really like to try them! All the shades are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are so pretty! Yesterday I even made a blog post about how much I want these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look very pretty! I don´t own these but your post makes me wanna have these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the one from the glow your way gorgeous set and LOVE it! I really want the rest too. I love that they did this value pack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are great swatches, i hope i can buy this also :)

    wild and fierce

    don't miss my smexy giveaway! it's my first time :)

    model's own lipstick giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own 4 or 5 of the Lip Surgence lippy's and love them. I have purchased this set for myself and my two daughters for Christmas stocking stuffers. At $25 for 5 how can you pass them up when each cost about $24.00. No brainer!

    I own: Glisten,Sweet,Pouty and my fav...Frisky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love to have these... but we dont have it here in the philippines :( so sad. been wanting this for so long now. i wish there will be a distributor here.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)