October 9, 2011

New Beauty Test Tube - QVC Limited Edition October 2011

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my second shipment of New Beauty Test Tube sold through QVC. This is the October 2011 QVC Limited Edition New Beauty Test Tube.

Check out my pics, swatches, price break down and mini reviews...


New Beauty Test Tube - QVC Limited Edition 
October 2011


 




Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Total # of items: 8 (NOT including magazine or Philosophy Divine Fragrance sample)
  • # of Makeup Items: 2
  • # of Nail Items: 0
  • # of Hair Care Items: 1
  • # of Skincare Items: 4
  • # of Fragrance: 0
  • # of other items: 1
  • Total value (WITH magazine): $115.55 (value is approximate and does not include the Philosophy Divine Fragrance sample)
  • Total value (withOUT magazine ): $105.60 (value is approximate and does not include the Philosophy Divine Fragrance sample).

Let's break it down, product-by-product...



WEN Winter Vanilla Mint 
  • Description: Discover why "friends don't let friends use shampoo." Chaz Dean's revolutionary Cleansing Conditioners eliminate ordinary shampoo with a lather-free formulation that won't sacrifice the integrity and beauty of your hair. The WEN system was created with a perfect balance of ingredients, including herbs and natural elements, to not only cleanse your hair and scalp but moisturize, soothe and add sheen as well. All WEN Cleansing Conditioners are color-safe and so versatile they can be used by anyone.
  • More Info: WEN is a single product that both cleanses and conditions, without the use of damaging detergents found in shampoos. Acai fruit extract, amino acids, cupaucu seed butter, goji berry fruit extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, and white tea leaf extract.
  • More Info: Avoid being inundated with unnecessary choices and keep your beauty products fresh and new by choosing limited-edition formulas from WEN. This winter's exclusive Winter Vanilla Mint will only be around this season, leaving you with something new to anticipate for next year.
  • Fun Fact: WEN is "NEW" spelled backwards. The concept of not using shampoo is something Chaz Dean has been implementing since 1993. WEN cleanses with astringent and antibacterial properties without lathering.
  • To Use: Rinse hair thoroughly, then apply 10 to 40 pumps to your scalp, massaging thoroughly. The amount of pumps you'll use will depend on your hair length. You're supposed to apply it to your hair in four sections (top, each side, back). Then massage it in for 1 to 3 minutes. Comb through hair and leave on for 3 to 5 minutes (or longer if you can; the longer the better the results). Rinse well. Apply half a pump to a full pump as a leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair, if you wish.
  • My Thoughts: I already love WEN, so I was excited to receive the newest scent - Winter Vanilla Mint. I've tried the Fig, Sweet Almond Mint, Pomegranate, and the Fall Ginger Pumpkin. The Winter Vanilla Mint is by far the best smelling WEN I've tried! I'm excited to use this scent and I'm positive I will order a larger size once it becomes available.
  • Full Sized: 6 fl oz @ $18 (this is the smallest size the Cleansing Conditioner comes in). Currently this scent is not yet available.
  • Size I Received: 6 fl oz
  • Value: $18.00
 









LAURA GELLER Baked Marble Eyeshadow in Mauve 
  • Description: Laura Geller Baked Eyeshadows are made in Italy using an unprecedented baking technique to create marbleized pigments in a variety of hues for any look.
  • More Info: Luxurious color glides on effortlessly with a silky finish. Its versatile formula can be used dry for creamy color payoff, or wet for long-lasting wear.  Vitamin E and jojoba seed oil are key ingredients.
  • More Info: Available in an array of rich tones and split pans, the marbleized colors offer endless possibilities when it comes to mixing and matching to complement any skin tone. In the October 2011 New Beauty Test Tube - QVC Limited Edition shipment, everyone received one of nine different shades of the Laura Geller Baked Eyeshadows.
  • Fun Fact: The unique baking process that creates Laura Geller Baked Eyeshadows transforms the liquid base into a fine powder. Each shadow starts off as a swirly liquid pigment, which is baked on a terracotta pan for 24 hours by Italian artisans. Each one is hand-finished for the silkiest results.
  • To Use: Using an eyeshadow brush, sweep color across the entire eyelid, blending outwards. For best results, prep lids with primer.
  • My Thoughts: I have a love hate relationship with Laura Geller products. There is never an in between. I either love something (like her Real Deal Concealer) or I hate it (like her Real Deal Foundation). This Baked Marble Eyeshadow happens to be on my "love" list of her products. It's a better formula than her other shadows I have (from a few years ago), and the color I received, Mauve, is a pretty shade. The pink and green combine better than I thought they would; I honestly did not think I would like it but gave it a swirl, swatched and was happy with the results. It's not typically a shade I would buy, but it's a shade I now own and I will make use of it.
  • Full Sized: 0.06 oz. @ $23
  • Size I Received: 0.06 oz
  • Value: $23.00

 









JOSIE MARAN 100% Pure Argan Oil
  • Description: Argan oil is the primary ingredient in all of Josie Maran's products. A natural super-ingredient, rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, argan oil produces antioxidant effects to help nourish the skin and hair.
  • More Info: Argan oil is a pure remedy used to help treat dry, rough skin. The oil will help soften, hydrate and nurture to improve the overall appearance of your skin. Argan oil leaves your skin feeling and looking naturally refreshed while imparting a youthful glow. This is 100% first cold-pressed pure argan oil.
  • More Info: Whether you want to tame flyaways or treat split ends, argan oil can soften and condition cuticles and rejuvenate hair, from root to tip.
  • To Use: Massage into skin where needed or use your fingers to smooth Argan Oil through your hair.
  • My Thoughts: I already own Josie Maran's Argan Oil, and I haven't even made it part way through the bottle. Having a mini version is nice to keep downstairs, by my nail station. I will use it on my cuticles. I also use it on my son's face (he's 6 years old), my husband's face, elbows, feet and of course my own face. I'm currently using a different oil for my face (Tarte's Maracuja Oil), but still use Josie Maran's Argan Oil for other purposes.
  • Full Sized: 1.7 fl oz. @ $48
  • Size I Received: 0.17 fl oz
  • Value: $4.80

   






SUPERSMILE Professional Whitening Toothpaste in Original Mint 
  • Description: Created by Dr. Irwin Smigel, the world-renowned "Father of Aesthetic Dentistry," Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste removes superficial stains, such as those caused by coffee, tea, tobacco and red wine, for noticeably whiter teeth and includes sodium bicarbonate, providing fresher breath.
  • More Info: Supersmile whitens teeth and effectively restores bonding, porcelain veneers and dentures to their original color by removing extrinsic stains. The proprietary blend of Calprox and baking soda freshens breath and helps to maintain healthy gums. Fluoride works to protect teeth from cavities while calcium, phosphates and magnesium combine to strengthen and remineralize tooth enamel.
  • Fun Fact: The protein pellicle is a thin layer of protein that binds stains to the tooth's surface. Unlike most commercial toothpastes, Supersmile is formulated without silica, which is commonly used to scrape the protein pellicle from tooth enamel, making it 75 percent less abrasive than the standard established by the American Dental Association.
  • To Use: Use a pearl-sized drop of toothpaste on a dry toothbrush and brush in a circular motion for two minutes then rinse with water. Brush at least twice a day.
  • My Thoughts: I started to use Supersmile years ago; it was the only toothpaste I would use. It wasn't as easy to find back then either. I remember giving it up because it was an expense I could cut out, even though I didn't want to. I mean, going from a $21 toothpaste (I think back then it was $19) to a $2 or $3 toothpaste saves a lot of money. HOWEVER, now that I have another tube I think my Supersmile addiction is back on. This toothpaste truly whitens teeth and isn't harsh. I am so excited to use this again, and it just happens that I just ran out of my regular toothpaste and was going out to buy a new tube then my New Beauty Test Tube shipment showed up and I knew I'd be a Supersmile girl once again.
  • Full Sized: 4.2 oz. @ $21
  • Size I Received: 1.75 oz
  • Value: $8.75

 

 


  





MALLY Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner in Midnight 
  • Description: Give your eyes the star treatment with Mally Starlight Eyeliner. The high-performance formula glides on effortlessly and lasts and lasts.
  • More Info: With a little gentle smudging, you can transform your everyday look from subtle to sultry, perfect for that big night out. Long-wear and professional quality, this eyeliner is extremely long lasting. Jojoba and other natural oils, lubricants and slip builders are the key ingredients.
  • More Info: The liners are available in more than 15 brilliant colors to compliment any look. In the October 2011 New Beauty Test Tube - QVC Limited Edition shipment, everyone received one of three different shades of the Mally Evercolor Starlight Eyeliners.
  • To Use: The liners glides on easily and can be sharpened with any type of sharpener, although it is recommended that you chill the product before sharpening.
  • My Thoughts: I already own this liner and love it. I did a full review and swatched on my blog; check that out by clicking here. I also received this same eyeliner, same shade, in the Summer/Fall New Beauty Test Tube (the regular, non-QVC version).
  • Full Sized: 0.04 oz. @ $15
  • Size I Received: 0.04 oz
  • Value: $15.00
 










ALGENIST Anti-Aging Moisturizer 
  • Description: Formulated with the anti-aging ingredient alguronic acid, Algenist Anti-Aging Moisturizer works to nourish and restore skin moisture while firming the skin. Wrinkles, fine lines and pores appear minimized. 
  • More Info: The luxurious cream works to restore and maintain moisture, creating younger-looking and more radiant skin. Algenist focuses on the ability of effective bioactive ingredients to deliver visible anti-aging results to the skin.
  • More Info: The moisturizer is formulated without harmful ingredients such as parabens, sulfates or synthetic dyes and fragrances. It is hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. The key ingredients are alguronic acid, vitamin C and apple cell extract.
  • Fun Fact: Scientists working at a biotechnology laboratory in San Francisco were researching renewable energy solutions when they unexpectedly discovered the capabilities of alguronic acid.
  • To Use: Following cleansing and application of the Concentrated Serum (or any serums/treatments you may be using), apply the Anti-Aging Moisturizer to the entire face, neck and chest morning and night.
  • My Thoughts: When this brand first premiered I was highly intrigued, but the price tag was well out of my price range. The reason I wanted to try this line is due to the quick results it provides. You'll see/feel a difference in just 10 days with even better results after 4 weeks, and it just gets better the more you use it. I've used anti-aging skin care since I was 20, but never invested in something like Algenist that is really for that purpose. Now that I'm getting closer and closer to my 30's I know it's time for something like this. I fully plan to try use this sample until the jar is empty, and document my results. You can expect a blog post on it in the near future.
  • Full Sized: 2 fl oz @ $90
  • Size I Received: 0.5 fl oz
  • Value: $22.50




 

 





PHILOSOPHY Snow Angel 3-in-1 Shower Gel 
  • Description: The multitasking Philosophy Snow Angel shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath offers a fresh snow scent, reminiscent of your childhood.
  • More Info: Working as both a shampoo and shower gel, the formula cleanses and conditions the skin and hair. Vitamins B5, vitamin E, and allantoin are the key ingredients.
  • More Info: This playful blue hue and snowy fragrance are symbolic of a time when snowmen, sleds, innocent snowball fights - and of course, snow angels - ruled the winter months, evoking a sense of childhood nostalgia.
  • Fun Fact: Philosophy uses children's pictures and lowercase writing on its packaging to symbolize the simple pleasures in life and remind everyone of the genuine curiosity and wisdom that is the childhood consciousness in us all.
  • To Use: Apply to wet body or scalp. Lather, rinse and repeat as desired. If using as a bubble bath, simply drizzle a generous amount under running water.
  • My Thoughts: I'm a Philosophy lover and I usually like their holiday scents. Snow Angel is a nice clean scent, but I don't know if it really reminds me of snow or not. It smells more like clean soap smell to me, maybe a little winter-esque. I like the coloring of it; it's an icy blue with shimmer. I know I'll end up using it eventually. I still have last year's holiday fragrance in my shower (Peppermint Bark, which I prefer over Snow Angel).
  • Full Sized: 24 fl oz. @ $20
  • Size I Received: 2 fl oz
  • Value: $1.67
 







PERRICONE MD Firming Neck Cream 
  • Description: The first cream developed by Dr. Perricone to specifically address aging concerns of the neck area, Perricone Firming Neck Cream combines advanced ingredients to improve firmness and the overall appearance of the skin.
  • More Info: The neck is typically one of the first areas to display the signs of aging. This cream is specifically formulated to help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and firm the appearance of skin in the neck area. Dr. Perricone's Firming Neck Cream contains highly advanced and potent sciences rarely round in anti-aging products, helping to improve the appearance of elasticity, texture, lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin softer, smoother and more youthful.
  • More Info: The patented phospholipids science in this cream deliver advanced hydration and moisture to the skin to promote a smoother, younger appearance. The key ingredients are phospholipids, tocotrienols, and palmitoyl carnosine.
  • Fun Fact: Dr. Perricone is certified by the American Board of Dermatology, a Fellow of the New York Academy of Sciences and a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition. He is also the recipient of the Eli Whitney Award presented by The Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association to an outstanding individual who has made significant contributions to science, invention and technology.
  • To Use: Massage into the neck area twice daily, using gentle circular motions.
  • My Thoughts: Perricone MD products work great with my skin. His Cold Plasma is one of my favorite skin care items, but one that I can't afford full sized. I have two other samples of the Firming Neck Therapy, so I think it's time for me to start trying it out.
  • Full Sized: 2 fl oz @ $95
  • Size I Received: 0.25 fl oz 
  • Value: $11.88












PHILOSOPHY Divine Fragrance Sample
  • Description: Complement your Divine Illumination color wardrobe with this vibrant, sophisticated fragrance. It reflects captivating radiance to inspire a feeling of wisdom and confidence, the shimmering citrus, beautiful floral notes are warm and welcoming. Divine is a fragrance for the woman who wants to feel divinely feminine and elegant, while embracing her sensual side.
  • My Thoughts: This is a bonus sample included in this shipment. I'm not a fragrance person, but I actually like this one. It's not too strong, but it is a stronger fragrance. you're supposed to only apply this on your pulse points and not spray it all over. Would I buy the full sized version? Eh, probably not because I don't buy perfumes. This is the second sample I've received of it (I received one in my Fall/Winter QVC Limited Edition New Beauty Test Tube).








NEW BEAUTY Magazine
  • Info: This magazine is sold by itself for $9.95. It is a larger magazine that covers a wide range of beauty topics - from makeup to skincare to plastic surgery. It's a fun read and you're likely to learn something from it, if not several things.




Let me know what you think...
Do you subscribe to New Beauty Test Tube? If so, do you subscribe to the original version or the QVC version? If you don't subscribe, are you interested in signing up? What do you think of this shipment? Discuss in the comments below.




13 comments:

  1. I'm totally interested in signing up! How do I do it?? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Polish Vixen Marisa: The October 2011 shipment is not yet available on QVC's website, but when it is that's how you'll be able to purchase it.

    When you do purchase it you can either do a one-time shipment or sign up for auto-delivery. I would highly recommend the auto-delivery option. You won't have to worry about purchasing a shipment each time it comes out (I believe it's every 2 months), and you'll get your shipment before it becomes available to everyone else.

    Just keep an eye out on www.qvc.com

    I go to the Beauty category, then scroll down on the left to click on "See All Brands", then click on "New Beauty Test Tube" under the "N" list of brands.

    Right now if you did that it will only bring up an assortment of products in past shipments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so far love the Algenist moisturizer. Its really one of the first ones I've tried that isn't sticky or greasy and just sinks into my skin. I'm so scared of using moisturizer because I break out on my chin but I really like it. If I don't have a reaction to it I will save up and buy some. Sucks its so expensive for 2oz. I like the WEN. I'll use it up but I don't think I'll ever buy a full size of his stuff. This is my second trial of his cleanser. I'm actually disappointed in the Mally eyeliner. I like its deep black sooty look, but its far from waterproof in my opinion. I put some on my hand like she does on QVC and it never sets and smudges. But I like it on my eyes and I use UD primer potion so I'm good. I wish the Laura Geller shade was one of the greens. I never wear a color like mauve on my eyes. I gave that to my sister and I don't like Philosophy soaps so that went to my mom. Other than those two I really really liked this tube. I'm almost 95% sure I'm going to renew when its on QVC again on the 28th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great reviews! I would like to sign up , but they don´t ship to my country :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. great reviews :-D
    i never tried any of this products :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ polish vixen...the test tube will air on QVC on October 28th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your blog! It shows trhat you really take your time and give as much information as you can. Thanks for taking all these amazing photos. I showed a box opening of my test tube on my You Tube channel and linked to your blog for anymore who needs more info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyyM9tPcyfk
    xoxo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - I live in Northern VA :-) Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Amanda: Thanks for the compliment! I saw from your blog profile that you live in Falls Church. One of my best friends lives near there; she teaches at one of the Fairfax elementary schools (I can't remember which one). You must have access to lots of great polish out there! :) Front Royal is just a little too far away for daily polish hunting during errands :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Amanda: I haven't had time to watch your video yet, but I will. I appreciate linking people to my blog! Thanks sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Crystal: Yes - there are lots of great shopping options including a couple CCO's not too far. I just saw your tarte lippes post. I really want to get those and the liner set, but I'm holding out from the Sephora F&F sale. I hope they don't sell out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The full size argan oil is 1.7oz and the trial size we got was .17. That's 10%... you take that and multiply by $48... you get $4.80 for the value... Thanks for being so through though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Anonymous: Yeah, not sure where I came up with that number but I corrected it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)