I recently signed up for the New Beauty Test Tube, through New Beauty's website. You can click here to check out my blog post on that shipment and for more info on New Beauty's regular Test Tube. But then I saw New Beauty Test Tube on QVC and I changed my mind on which one I wanted to subscribe to. The QVC versions have a completely different set of products in them than the regular New Beauty Test Tube.
The QVC version is the same price, but shipping is slightly cheaper for me. QVC doesn't always keep the Test Tube up on their website, except when it's still for sale, but click here to view the most recent New Beauty Test Tube offered by QVC. The QVC limited edition New Beauty Test Tubes include products sold by QVC and generally are products I prefer. However, you don't get as high of value or as many items as a regular New Beauty Test Tube, and you don't get a $20 Spalook gift card (which isn't really a gift card at all, since you have to spend $100 to use it - really making it a 20% off coupon). I still think the QVC version is better because you get more full-sized products and more makeup items. The regular New Beauty Test Tube features products in their magazines, which are mostly skincare based (or so it seems).
Now I have to say that I had to ship my QVC Test Tube back and order and replacement. Why? Because my Test Tube was missing the Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15, which is one of my favorite products and one of the main reasons I wanted to order it. When I contacted QVC about the missing item they told me they can't send a replacement for just that one item, but they could offer me a $5 credit OR I could ship back the entire Test Tube for a replacement or full refund. Taking the $5 credit would not make any sense, since the lip balm has an almost $12 value. So I had to ship it back for a full refund and re-placed my order. I can finally post about it!
Check out my pics, swatches, review....
Shipment Quick Stats:
- Total # of items: 9 (NOT including magazine or Philosophy Divine Fragrance sample)
- # of Makeup Items: 3
- # of Nail Items: 0
- # of Hair Care Items: 2
- # of Skincare Items: 3
- # of Fragrance: 1
- # of other items: 0
- Total value (with magazine): $110.03 (value is approximate and does not include Philosophy Divine Fragrance sample)
- Total value (withOUT magazine ): $100.08 (value is approximate and does not include Philosophy Divine Fragrance sample).
SMASHBOX Lip Enhancing Gloss in Fame
- Description: QVC customers can keep their lips soft, smooth and conditioned with Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss, formulated with nourishing vitamin E and sunflower seed oil. These glosses offer a hint of color with lots of shine.
- More Info: The gloss' velour want perfectly contours lips. Full of shine polymers and a hint of glistening color that can be used on bare lips or over lipstick.
- To Use: Generously apply on bare lips or over lipstick for brilliance and shine.
- My Thoughts: I love Smashbox lip glosses; they've been a cult favorite of mine since as long as I can remember. The color, Fame, is really pretty and wearable. I'm looking forward to wearing this gloss.
- Full Sized: 0.20 fl oz. @ $18
- Size I Received: 0.20 fl oz (this is a full sized product)
- Value: $18.00
- Description: Boost volume and cleanse your hair without water by using Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Dry Shampoo Spray. The clear spray absorbs excess oil and product buildup while it strengthens and protects the hair, without leaving behind a residue.
- More Info: Sprays on clear. Instantly boosts volume and cleanses the hair without water. Gentle starches absorb excess oil and product buildup, while vitamin E and wheat proteins strengthen and protect the hair shaft. Has a lemon verbena citrus scent.
- Fun Fact: You can also use this spray as an instant volumizing or midday pick-me-up for your hair. The cool mist on the scalp is extremely refreshing.
- To Use: Hold can 6 to 8 inches away from head and spray product onto scalp and hair, especially at roots. Allow to dry before using fingers to shake out excess product. Brush out thoroughly. Style hair as desired.
- My Thoughts: I already own on Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, and I love it. This version is different; its volumizing and sprays on clear. I think I may like this version better!
- Full Sized: 5 oz @ $23
- Size I Received: 0.75 oz
- Value: $3.45
- Description: Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 provides lip nourishment while adding a hint of healthy-looking color to your complexion. The moisturizing, age-delay formula treats your lips with a blend of effective skin care ingredients and sublime textures for smoother, softer, younger-looking lips.
- More Info: Sugar, a natural humectant, ensures long-lasting moisture; while antioxidant-rich vitamins and grapeseed polyphenols defend against free radical "attack". SPF 15 provides essential year-round protection from the sun.
- Fun Fact: The inspiration for the Sugar Collection dates back to Fresh co-founders Lev Glazman and Alina Roytberg's childhood. Each of their grandmothers used sugar, a natural antiseptic, to heal their scrapes. Wanting to pass this effective ritual on to the world, they bottles their shared tradition, pioneering the use of sugar in the beauty industry.
- To Use: Apply Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 throughout the day to keep lips hydrated and to add a subtle pop of natural, healthy-looking color to your complexion. Can be worn alone or underneath gloss or lipstick.
- My Thoughts: This is my all-time favorite lip balm! I'm on my second tube of the full sized version of this Sugar Rose, and I'm happy to have another slightly smaller version too because I go through this rather quickly. I also has the original version and I love it! I did a full blog review, including swatches and what this looks like on the lips; click here to check that blog post out.
- Full Sized: 0.15 oz @ $22.50
- Size I Received: 0.08 oz
- Value: $11.97
- Description: Lea Journo moisture-intensive conditioner restores body and shine while protecting hair health from color and chemical treatments. Its' ideal for all hair types.
- More Info: Gives hair shine, softness and body for younger-looking, healthier hair. Helps maximize the life of color treated and chemically straightened hair, as well as Brazilian Blowouts.
- More Info: Formulated with pure French plum oil, a botanical oil harvested in the southwest of France via cold-pressure of the plum kernel (Prunus domestica). High in fatty acids, it is used to soften and moisturize.
- More Info: Contains silk proteins that smooth and strengthen, and sweet almond peptides that shine and revitalize. Sulfate and paraben-free to protect hair health and color.
- Fun Fact: Lea Journo is all about caring for the environment, doing its part to embody social responsibility and involve its sophisticated customers in doing the same, presenting customers with packaging that leaves behind a smaller carbon footprint.
- To Use: Massage through clean, wet hair. Rinse thoroughly. For an intensified treatment, apply to towel-dried hair and rinse after five minutes.
- My Thoughts: I've never heard or used this brand before. The packaging is different from traditional shampoos and conditioners, which I can appreciate. I look forward to trying this out in the future.
- Full Sized: 10 fl oz @ $28
- Size I Received: 3 fl oz
- Value: $8.41
- Description: Face Finishing Moisturizer is the ultimate moisturizer formulated with powerful treatment benefits and packed with antioxidants to hydrate the skin while smoothing visible lines and wrinkles. A customer and celebrity stylist favorite year after year, it makes an idea canvas for makeup and imparts an instant naturally glowing complexion.
- More Info: Infused with alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C ester, it helps gives skin a bright, luminous finish, helping to restore the appearance of youth and beauty.
- More Info: DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) helps to provide the ultimate firming benefits to the skin. It addresses loss of elasticity and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- More Info: Sought after by makeup artists and photographers for its anti-aging effects, this paraben-free moisturizer is loaded with antioxidants that impart a visibly radiant, smooth appearance.
- To Use: Apply liberally to face and neck in the morning and evening over the recommended treatment step.
- My Thoughts: I love Perricone MD products but I don't have a lot of them. I'm excited to try this out!
- Full Sized: 2 fl oz @ $65
- Size I Received: 0.5 fl oz
- Value: $16.25
- Description: A QVC Customer Choice award winner for best exfoliator, the microdelivery exfoliating wash is a gentle daily exfoliating cleanser that helps to buffer fine lines, even out skin tone and give skin a healthy-looking glow.
- More Info: A 30 second "mini peel" gentle enough for all skin types (except those with active acne) that can be used daily in the shower, bath or at the bathroom sink.
- More Info: Formulated with diatomaceous earth, a finely ground natural material that gently removes dead skin cells and polishes skin; soothing antioxidant vitamin E; and borage oil, a natural oil rich in omega-6 fatty acids that soothes and hydrates skin.
- To Use: Apply to slightly damp face and massage for 30 to 60 seconds in the morning or at night. Rinse thoroughly. Follow with appropriate treatment and moisturizer. Can be used daily.
- My Thoughts: I already own this product and honestly don't use it all that often. A few years ago I used it daily, but then ran out and didn't bother to replace. I like it, it works well, but like they mention above - not for those with active acne. Since I have adult acne this isn't the best match for my skin type.
- Full Sized: 16 oz is $37, but they sell a 2 oz size for $8
- Size I Received: 2 oz
- Value: $8.00
- Description: QVC shoppers recommend these lightly scented body butters that absorb instantly for deeply hydrated, soft skin. They are made with 100 percent pure shea and cocoa butters that moisturize and condition; and super antioxidants goji berry and kakadu plum that deliver essential vitamins and minerals for healthier-looking skin.
- More Info: Made with a blend of skin-nourishing botanicals, they are completely free of harsh chemicals including petrochemicals, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oils, silicone, synthetic dyes, sulfates and parabens.
- More Info: Designed to melt instantly from the heat of your skin, these rich body butters soften and hydrate without feeling heavy or greasy.
- More Info: The pure shea and cocoa butters are infused with superantioxidants goji berry and kakadu plum, for a healthy dose of 30 essential vitamins and minerals that nourish and hydrate.
To Use: For maximum hydration, use after showering and apply liberally to slightly damp skin.
- My Thoughts: This is a brand/product I've wanted to try for quite some time now. There were five scent in the QVC New Beauty Test Tube and each Test Tube would receive one of the five scents. I received Grapefruit Vanilla in the first shipment, which does have a pleasant light scent, but I had wished to try Vanilla Coconut or Pure Vanilla. When I returned the first shipment and received the second replacement shipment, I was delighted to have received Coconut Vanilla! The five scents you could receive are Vanilla Lavender, Vanilla Passion Fruit, Pure Vanilla, Vanilla Grapefruit, and Vanilla Coconut.
- Full Sized: 8 oz @ $20, but they also sell a 2.75 oz for $10
- Size I Received: 2.75 oz
- Value: $10.00
- Description: For those who have sparse or over-plucked brows, there's IT Cosmetics Brow Power Anti-Aging Universal Eyebrow Pencil. Developed with leading plastic surgeons, IT's award-winning eyebrow pencil creates long-lasting, naturally looking brows that won't budge or smudge until you take them off.
- More Info: IT's universal, transforming shade adjusts to all brow hair colors based on the amount of pressure applied - no matter how thin or sparse your brows might be. It even covers grays.
- More Info: The Brow Power formula was developed with plastic surgeons to literally adhere to the skin and last all day. It's also waterproof, sweat-proof and paraben-free.
- More Info: This "magic wand" has an exclusive oval-shaped tip, to achieve both thick and thin strokes, and a custom-developed spooley brush used as a second step, to glide through brows, creating the look of natural brow hair.
- Fun Fact: For every Brow Power Pencil sold, IT Cosmetics donates one to the American Cancer Society's Look Good, Feel Better program to help women face the effects of cancer with confidence.
- To Use: Apply lighter, softer strokes to match lighter color hair including blonde and silver. Press harder for darker hair including red and medium brown to black. As an important finishing touch for the look of natural hair, lightly brush through brows with the spooley brush for a natural, polished look.
- My Thoughts: I already own this brown pencil and really liked it. In fact, I bought one for my grandmom too because I knew it would work for her really well. This is a nice brow pencil, but it's not my absolute favorite. I use it, but it's not the one I reach for day after day. I didn't swatch this product so I could leave it un-used if I want to gift, sell, or give it away.
- Full Sized: 0.16 g @ $24
- Size I Received: 0.16 g (this is a full sized product)
- Value: $24.00
PHILOSOPHY Divine Fragrance Sample
- Description: Complement your Divine Illumination color wardrobe with this vibrant, sophisticated fragrance. It reflects captivating radiance to inspire a feeling of wisdom and confidence, the shimmering citrus, beautiful floral notes are warm and welcoming. Divine is a fragrance for the woman who wants to feel divinely feminine and elegant, while embracing her sensual side.
- My Thoughts: This is a bonus sample included in this shipment. I'm not a fragrance person, but I actually like this one. It's not too strong, but it is a stronger fragrance. you're supposed to only apply this on your pulse points and not spray it all over. Would I buy the full sized version? Eh, probably not because I don't buy perfumes. If I received another sample would I use it for a day or two, yes, absolutely.
Let me know what you think...
Do you subscribe to New Beauty Test Tube? If so, do you subscribe to the original version or the QVC version? If you don't subscribe, are you interested in signing up? Discuss in the comments below.