September 27, 2011

NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer (oil-free) -- swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Sorry for not posting until now. I returned home from my trip (Jason Mraz concert & VA Beach) late on Monday night and I was just too tired today to do anything. I also lost my voice after the concert, but I expected that since it happened last year after his concert; I am one of those crazies who likes to scream, yell and be all hyper-excited. The whole trip was a really fun experience and I can't wait until the next Jason Mraz concert!

Tomorrow at some point I will have a really great blog post to share with you! I have a product I am SUPER excited about. That's all I'll say for now, but trust me you'll want to check it out if you like makeup, pretty things and a great value!

Onto today's blog post....

I've had two deluxe sized samples of the NARS Pro-Prime primer for awhile now but for some reason never touched it. Just a few weeks ago I started using it and I found that I really like it!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...


NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer (Oil-Free)

 





Basic stats for NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer:
Formula: liquid-gel
Coverage: invisible
Wear: this prolongs makeup wear
Shade Info: this is clear
Cost/Availability: $32.00 each (1 oz full size), ; I have two sample sizes (each are 0.27 oz - which are $8.65 value per sample). You can buy the full sized version on the NARS website, on Sephora's website, and everywhere else NARS Cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: squeeze tube; pop-top lid (in the full sized version; my sample sized version has a twist-off lid)
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This is a liquid-gel oil-free primer that is designed to refine the look of pores, control shine, give skin a matte finish (but not too matte), and creates the perfect canvas for makeup application! I personally think this primer is very moisturizing too; if you have oily skin you can skip a moisturizer all together and just use this primer. Pure lentil seed extract diminishes the appearance of dilated pores over time for a more refined appearance. Natural bisabolol and butterbur root extract calm and soothe the skin. Vitamins A, C and E help protect the skin from free-radical damage. Oil-free, alcohol free, non-comedogenic, and synthetic-fragrance free.

Coverage:
This is a clear primer.

Wear:
This primer will help prolong your makeup wear for hours and hours on end! It will also smooth your skin; as I mentioned above, if you forget your moisturizer you can just use this and you'll be good to go (unless you have very dry skin).

Shade Info:
This is only available in a non-shaded option.

Cost/Availability:
The full sized version is $32 and is 1 fl oz. You can purchase this primer on the NARS website, on Sephora's website, and everywhere else NARS cosmetics are sold. I don't own the full sized version; I have two deluxe-sized samples - which are each 0.27 fl oz (making each sample tube a $8.65 value).

Packaging:
Both the full sized version and the deluxe sample size come in tube; the only difference is the lid. The full sized version has a pop-up top and you can also twist that off. The deluxe sample sized version comes with a twist-off lid.

NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer Review:
I love just about everything NARS makes, and this primer is no exception. Now that I know how great it is, and how wonderful it works with my skin, I would highly consider purchasing the full sized version once my sample tubes run out.

I loved how it felt when I put it on; it felt like my skin was moisturized and it was slightly cooling. It melted into my skin and made it feel great. My makeup went on better and really lasted all day!

I didn't see any difference in pores, but it's a change that will take place over time while using this product.

The only complaint I have is the smell. I know this is fragrance free but it does not mean it doesn't have a smell. It must be the lentil seed extract or something, but I'm not a fan of the smell. It's something I can put up with though because it's not too awful and it goes away before you know it. I just wish the smell was a tad bit lighter.

Regardless of the smell, this primer kicks some serious ass! I highly recommend checking it out for yourself!



Now let me know what you think...
Do you already own this primer? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, do you want to try this out? Discuss in the comments below.




1 comment:

  1. I haven´t used this primer, but sounds like it is good.
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)