September 8, 2011

Benefit Erase Paste in No. 2 Medium - before & after pic, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Way back in February I did a quick review and swatch of Benefit's Erase Paste, but I wanted to make a more detailed post with better photos - including a before & after pic.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...


Benefit Erase Paste
Shade: No. 2 Medium


 

 













Benefit Erase Paste Before & After:
(click on picture to enlarge)




Basic stats for Benefit's Erase Paste:
Formula: cream
Coverage: full coverage
Wear: average
Shades Available: Three shades to choose from.
Container: Round jar; twist-off lid; full-sized version comes with a spatula for scooping the product out.
Cost/Availability: $26 for the full sized (0.15 oz). Available on Benefit's website, Sephora and other beauty retailers.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This is a very thick/concentrated creamy concealer designed to not only hide flaws, but also brighten skin. Even though this is a thicker concealer it is not hard to work with it. It goes on super easy and blends like a dream. It's also non-drying.

Coverage:
This concealer gives you full coverage and will cover most flaws. As you can see in my before & after pic (shown above), my red pimple is nearly undetectable in the after. If you only looked at the after pic would you have noticed it? The concealer also brightens up my eye area.

Wear:
Average wear for a concealer. I do set my concealer & foundation so I don't typically have any problems with this product.

Shades Available:
Only available in Fair, Medium and Deep.

Container:
This comes in a round jar with a twist-off lid. The full sized version comes with a little plastic spatula for scooping out the product. I only have a smaller sized version so I didn't get the spatula, but honestly I don't think I would have used it anyway.

Cost/Availability:
$26 for the full sized, which you can find on Benefit's website and on Sephora's website, as well as many other high-end beauty retailers.

Benefit Erase Paste Review:
When I first received this concealer I wasn't too into it only because the shade, Medium, did not work all that great with my skintone. It was too pink and really stood out against my olive undertone skin. However, that was last summer when I was really tan. I'm still tan from this past summer, but not all that much anymore. The concealer works better for me now and I didn't realize that until I went to take updated swatch photos. Now I think I may be able to work with it - and that makes me happy because this is a great concealer.

This concealer offers really great coverage. If layered you could probably cover a tattoo with it! Cream products don't hold up well with my oily skin, but if I set this with powder I don't have many issues with it. Without setting it this product will slip and slide around my face within a couple of hours. If you don't have oily skin you won't have that problem. Even if you do have oily skin you should still give it a try. You may not have any issues. I have a friend with oily skin that uses this concealer with no issues at all. It's just is a person-by-person, case-by-case situation.

The shade selection is seriously lacking with just three shades - and even the deep wouldn't be dark enough for women with deeper skin tones. I get that this concealer is technically a brightening concealer made mostly for use under the eyes, but it's also for use on the face and I think Benefit needs to seriously consider expanding their shade selection.

Other than the shade selection issue, I have no complaints about this concealer and I would highly recommend this to anyone on the hunt for a great, full coverage concealer.


Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this concealer? If not, is this a concealer you'd want to own? Discuss below in the comments or you can also email me with any questions/comments.




1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try Erase Paste, it's a bit pricey but I heard of many happy customers, so I'll give it a chance.. I'm amazed at how nicely it covered the pimple!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)