Most of us nail polish crazies have used and/or heard of the phrase Unicorn Pee -- which refers to Clarins 230 polish. Well I decided to call my NOTD Unicorn Dandruff because of the flakies (aka the dandruff) and all the colors (from the base colors to the flashes of color the flakies create).
I decided to do this NOTD two ways; the first is a shiny version. Then I applied a matte top coat and that's how I'm currently wearing my nails. I like both ways but right now prefer the matte version. Which do you prefer?
To re-create this NOTD:
- 1 coat of Deborah Lippmann Hard Rock Hydrating Hardener, used as my base coat
- Using Wet n Wild Wild Shine polish in Black Creme, paint half of each nail black. For my thumb I painted a third of my nail instead of half my nail.
- Using Sephora by OPI polish in Break A-Leg Warm, paint the other half of each nail gray. Again, for my thumb I painted a third of my nail instead of half of my nail.
- Then add China Glaze polish in Frost Bite, painting a blue stripe down the center of each nail.
- Once dry, apply 2 coats of Nubar 2010
- If you want a shiny finish you can leave it as it is or add a top coat (I skipped a top coat this time around because I knew I wanted to make it matte).
- If you want a matte finish, apply 2 coats of Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love.