October 8, 2011

Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish in Trafalgar Square -- swatches, tutorial, review, pics

Hello, Beautiful!

Today I'm going to show you a pretty polish from Nails Inc. called Trafalgar Square. The polish is magnetic and creates a v-shape type of design (which is built into the magnet). What I like most is how the design "moves" when you move your hand. It almost looks like you're wearing a charcoal gray version of a Tigers Eye gemstone the way it "moves".

A tutorial is posted towards the end of this post.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...


Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish
Shade: Trafalgar Square
Shade Description: A charcoal silver that brings out a black magnetic design.



 

 








The magnet in the cap...





 



The cuticle lip on the magnet lid...





Supplies I used for this mani:


























Basic stats for Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish:
Formula: special magnetic formula nail polish
Coverage: opaque
Shade Info: currently 3 shades of magnetic polish available (only 2 shades left on Sephora's website; all three shades on the Nails Inc. website)
Cost/Availability: $16 each (0.33 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website (for those of us in the United States) and on the Nails Inc. website (for those in the UK mainland or Ireland).
Packaging: round bottle; removable lid cap that has the built-in magnet
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This specially formulated nail polish has metallic particles, which are magnetic. Simply hold the magnet over the nail (while polish is wet; working one nail at a time) and in seconds a pattern will form.


Coverage:
I find this polish to be nicely opaque. To save polish you can apply a similar color of a non-magnetic polish, then just use one coat of the magnetic polish.


Shade Info:
Currently there are three shades of magnetic polish from the Nails Inc. brand. I picked up the shade Trafalgar Square, which is a silver charcoal gray.


Cost/Availability:
Each bottle of Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish retails for $16 (0.33 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website (for those of us in the United States) and on the Nails Inc. website (for those in the UK mainland or Ireland). I purchased mine from Sephora's website.


Packaging:
This is a round bottle with a removable lid cap. There is still a polish lid under the cap, which is used to apply the polish. The lid removes because the magnet is built into the top of the lid cap. The magnet has a chevron-style stripe design. You can use other magnets with this polish; basically any stronger magnet (but not too strong). Test it out on the bottle first. If the magnet pulls the particles to magnet then you know it will work on your nails. If not, then you know that magnet is a dud.


Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish Review:
This is a fantastic polish! Very easy to apply and very easy to get a design from the included magnet. Even someone whose never used a magnetic polish will have very little issues using this if they follow directions.

Even though I normally change my polish daily, I decided to wear the magnetic polish for a few days (I believe I wore it for 3 days before I changed it). I didn't have any issues with wear, although I did use a top coat.

The price tag is the one issue I had with this polish; $16 is not cheap and I was hesitant to purchase it. In the end I reasoned with myself and just bought it. I think I'll wait for a Sephora Friends & Family 20% off event to purchase more.

I want more colors... specifically I'd like to see Nails Inc. come out with a electric blue or a pink version of this. I'm sure its in their future, at least I hope so!

I recommend checking these out if you're looking for something different for your nails.



Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish Tutorial










Here are all 4 steps in one pic...
(click to view larger)


Now let me know what you think...
Do you already own this magnetic polish? If not, do you want to try this out? Discuss in the comments below.



7 comments:

  1. This is so cool!
    Thank you very much for sharing. I love your tutorials, they are well explained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see polishes like this the more I like them. But there really is not way I $16 dollar like them. So until a sale comes or a cheaper dupe is made I'll just have to look. Thanks for the awesome demo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh need to get my hands on one of these! Such great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. neat! i really like the wavy effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one and Houses of Parliament. They're SO pretty and easy to use. I find that they work better on wider nails though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am waiting in mine! I ordered House of Parliment-can't wait! Thankz for the demo!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)