October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween Weekend! A pic of my son's costume! Plus, an upcoming review of an amazing foundation!

Hello, Beautiful!

Happy Halloween Weekend! This is going to be a busy few days for me, so I apologize now in case I don't make another post until Monday.

Today was our mall's Halloween Trick-Or-Treat & Costume Contest (hosted by the radio station). I wasn't even sure about entering my son into the costume contest, since we came up with the idea at the last minute, but we ended up entering him... and winning! My original idea needed at least 2 weeks to really make it work, and I just didn't have the time this year. So we came up with a new idea just this past weekend and I spent most of the day Wednesday, every second I had on Thursday, and pretty much all Friday up until we had to leave, making his costume. The end result: Zombie Fisherman!

I didn't even have time to take pics of the costume yet, but I wanted to share a quick pic with you all that my husband took with his cell phone on our way out of the mall today. In the pic my son was in mid motion, talking, so he looks really odd but you'll get the general idea of the costume. I promise I'll post better pics in a few days...


He won first place in his age group!!!

I really didn't think he was going to win because there were a lot of great costumes this year, especially in his age group (6 to 8 years old), like this really cool owl that had light-up eyes. Not to mention there are pieces of my son's costume that didn't make it on; I had made "water" with fish, moss, and rocks to go all around the bottom of the boat. We plan to add it for tomorrow's costume contest, but it still looked pretty good as it is. The legs on the top are fake and he's able to walk with suspenders holding the whole boat up. There are a lot of cool details you can't see in the photo, but I'll point all that out when I take better photos over the next few days.


Anyhow...

Don't forget to enter my Coastal Scents Coat Nail Polish giveaway, which ends on Halloween. I'll pick the winner a day or two after Halloween and of course announce the winner on my blog.

Stay tuned for some awesome reviews & swatches next week... including an amazing palette from Smashbox - the Photo Op Mega Palette (sold exclusively at QVC). I am dying to use it but I want to take pics of it before I swatch.

In addition, I am really excited to share with you an amazing foundation find! The same day I ordered the Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette I also ordered a Smashbox foundation: Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Foundation with foundation brush. Let me just tell you.... this stuff is AMAZING! Without going into too much detail, I tested this foundation out today and it lasted over 9 hours (so far) without looking any different... and that is after walking through rain... yes RAIN... plus sweating a little, and just in general a stressful day. I thought for sure the moment I had to walk in the rain my face would be ruined, but my foundation stayed put! Right there I knew I was sold!

It offers medium to full coverage foundation, which is great for me, and it's really buildable so you can go more light coverage or build up to full coverage where you need it. The shade Light/Medium is a perfect match for my skin tone. The shade Light/Medium is actually shade 2.4 Natural Beige if you go by Smashbox shade names; QVC just simplifies the shade names for easier selection. I had ordered the Medium shade too, just in case, but since Light/Medium works so well I don't need to try the Medium. I'll probably swatch it before I send it back though. Sephora also sells this foundation, but they want $42 for it without the foundation brush. You get a better deal at QVC, well, only if you want a foundation brush. I like Smashbox brushes so I was more than happy to get the brush!

Smashbox said it was clinically tested/proven that after 15 hours 86% of the foundation remained on the skin. That's really great, and after testing it myself, I fully believe it!

Anyhow, I'm talking way too much about the foundation. I'll give you all the stats and a full review next week - including before and after pics.

Happy Halloween Weekend Everyone!! 

6 comments:

  1. how does the smashbox foundation compare to the tarte amazon clay foundation? I didn't think anything could be better but now I'm interested since you said you had such great results

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Manicure Addict: The Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Foundation is SO much better than the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foindation. I like Tarte's but it doesn't last for me and the color match isn't as great. I am going crazy over the Smashbix foundation and I can't wait to test it out again! It also goes on so pretty and looks so much more natural compared to Tarte's. I was really impressed and have zero bad things to say about the Smashbox foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see swatches of the Smashbox foundation :)
    I like your sons halloween costume. That looks so unique and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your son! I like his costume lol! Happy Halloween to you too ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Miss L: Swatches are coming soon! I'm going to do a 15 hour photo test... taking pics before, after applying and after 15 hours. Look for that post early this coming week!

    @ Molkinaify: Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation, for making this costume and to your son who looks really cool

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)