March 1, 2012

Mally Effortless Airbrush Eye Shadow in Champagne - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've gotten numerous emails about this eyeshadow, and almost every one of those emails asked about the Champagne shade. It's no wonder, because this shade is gorgeous! You can wear this sheer or full color, and it has lots of beautiful shimmer/sheen to it (not glitter). A great highlight shade to use on the inner corners of your eyes, or just wear it alone. The formula is that dreamy, soft, almost bouncy texture - identical to her Effortless Airbrush Highlighter & Blush. In fact, now that I look at it, the Champagne eye shadow looks similar to the Pure Light highlighter. I'll have to do a comparison at some point because I know they're not identical.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Mally Effortless Airbrush Eye Shadow
Shade: Champagne
Shade Description: A gorgeous golden champagne shimmer.


 













 











Basic Stats for PRODUCT NAME:
Formula: pressed powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 4 shades 
Cost/Availability: $29.00 (0.09 oz full size). - although it's usually priced at $26.36. Available on QVC's website.
Packaging: square compact with mirror on the inside, replaceable shadow pan; comes with a double-ended brush
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This eyeshadow is a special pressed powder that combines cream and powder in one with the ease of applying a pressed powder shadow. Hydrating and comforting ingredients make it easy to create a soft, radiant glow.

Wear:
Average to above average wear.

Coverage:
Even though this does have nice pigmentation, I still call this buildable because it's designed to go on soft and radiant. You can of course apply it heavier if you prefer.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 4 shades, with the shade Champagne being the lightest.

Cost/Availability:
$29.00 (0.09 oz full size). Available on QVC's website.

Packaging:
Square green metal compact with mirror on the inside and replaceable shadow pan. Includes a double-sided brush.

Mally Effortless Airbrush Eye Shadow Review:
I love almost every product Mally makes, and this eyeshadow is one of my favorites from her! The texture is divine - a cushiony, almost bouncy, silky powder. It goes on so beautifully, and you can easily build the coverage.

I like using it on its own, as an accent shade, or as a highlight shade for the inner corner of my eyes. I can't believe how many emails I received asking me about this specific eyeshadow, in this specific shade. It is gorgeous and totally worth the investment price! The Champagne shade always sells out on QVC, and with good reason - it's beautiful! I think the next shade I want to get is Sugarplum.

Yes, I'd recommend this shadow and this shade!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eyeshadow? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. When I first saw the swatches going down the page I just kept thinking, "meh". Then I got to the swatches on your skin and I was shocked on how gorgeous it was. I still wouldn't pay $29 for it, maybe wait for a kit that has it, but its so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ sunnydee130: Exactly! It comes to life when you wear it :) I agree it's a bit pricey, although you do get a brush with it, but yes, if it's in a kit absolutely pick this up! I think it was in a kit one time, but I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Champagne and The Purple in this Mally Shadow and they are among my favorites. I want them all... only thing that has kept me from purchasing the other 2 are the prices. Wish they were more in the $12.00-$15.00 dollar range. :(

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)