HSN now offers a beauty sampler collection, which they call their Total Beauty Collection for HSN. I decided to give it a try, since it was $19.99, free shipping, and it includes a $10 coupon towards a future beauty purchase (making this just $9.99). HSN lists this as a $51.96 value, but I come up with a $56.97 value.
It's not the most exciting or biggest value sampler I've tried, but I do like it -- mostly because I am a beauty box/beauty sampler whore; I really can't get enough of them!
If you're interested, you can still purchase this shipment on HSN's website for $19.99 with free shipping.
Check out everything in my shipment... click on pics to view them larger.
Shipment Quick Stats:
- Value of this shipment: $56.97 (value is approximate and does not include the $10 coupon code)
- Total # of Items Received: 9
- # of makeup items: 2
- # of nail items: 0
- # of skincare items: 3
- # of body care items: 0
- # of hair care items: 3
- # of fragrance items: 0
- # of other items: 1
Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...
BOSCIA Luminizing Black Mask
- MY THOUGHTS: I already use and like Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask, so it was nice to receive a mini tube -- especially since I'm almost out of my full sized tube. This is a nice mask that does a good job at pulling out impurities. I like to use it first on the days I do several masks because I feel it really gets my pores clean and ready for all other masks. Peeling it off can be a bit uncomfortable, but it's really not that bad, especially if you get the edges of the mask just right (so they're easy to peel and nothing gets left behind).
- FULL SIZE: 2.8 oz @ $34.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.35 oz
- VALUE: $4.25
- MY THOUGHTS: I've never tried a Carol's Daughter hair product before, so I am looking forward to trying this out. However, I think it's a bit disappointing to just get these sample packets (something normally free) instead of mini bottles. Especially because sample packets of shampoo and conditioner are such a pain in the ass to deal with after you open them (assuming you don't use them completely up in one use, which I wouldn't with these because I could get 2 to 3 uses out of them). Other than that, I'm happy to try this out.
- FULL SIZE: 8.4 oz @ $18.00 (shampoo) -- 8.4 oz @ $20.00 (conditioner)
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.24 oz each sample packet
- VALUE: $0.51 (shampoo) + $0.57 (conditioner) = $1.08 total
- MY THOUGHTS: This is a product that I really don't need, considering I'm just 28 years old -- however, every time I see the before and after pics on HSN's on-air presentations I get excited about this. It sells out a lot too on HSN, so it must work really well. I personally don't like the smell of this; way too strong of a fragrance. This is a product I may try just for the hell of it, or I may give it to someone who could use it and really test it out (since there is enough in this jar to see an improvement).
- FULL SIZE: 1 oz @ $29.95
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 oz
- VALUE: $14.98
- MY THOUGHTS: I already have and use amika's Obliphica Oil Treatment. It's nice to have another sample bottle, which I can take when traveling. I have the full sized version, as well as another sample bottle I received in my October 2011 Birchbox. I really like this oil; it works great in my hair and I like the scent. I did a full blog post about it here.
- FULL SIZE: 3.38 oz @ $34.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.34 oz
- VALUE: $3.42
- MY THOUGHTS: I already have another sample of this mascara (I believe I got it from the Lancome counter), and I've tried it and have been on the fence about this mascara. It's ok, but the brush pulls out way too much product which can quickly make your lashes look like a huge mess. If you wipe the brush off good, and use a lash comb after to make sure it's really combed through, then I do like this mascara.
- FULL SIZE: 0.22 oz @ $26.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.135 oz
- VALUE: $15.95
- MY THOUGHTS: I've never used any Intelliwhite product before; I usually use SuperSmile toothpaste; but I'm always open to try new teeth whitening products.
- FULL SIZE: 4 oz @ $16.95
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 oz
- VALUE: $4.24
- MY THOUGHTS: This is my first Signature Club A product. I think it has a nice texture but I'm not all that much a fan of the scent. Not sure this is something I will use or end up giving away/putting it in my blog sale, but I am open to try it.
- FULL SIZE: 1.2 oz @ $28.50
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.35 oz
- VALUE: $8.31
- MY THOUGHTS: This is a pretty color; a pinky nude with subtle shimmer. It's such a tiny, itty-bitty tube. I don't mind lip gloss mini's, but for some reason I have a pet peeve about mini lip glosses this size. I find they are hard to hold, apply, and way too easy to lose. I usually end up throwing them in one of my lip gloss drawers and forgetting all about them because they are so tiny they get lost in there. However, with that being said, I really do like this lip gloss shade. I look forward to wearing this!
- FULL SIZE: 0.19 oz @ $18.00
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.05 oz
- VALUE: $4.74
- MY THOUGHTS: This $10 coupon is what sold me on purchasing this whole sampler. Without it I don't think this sampler would be all that worth it. However, I was a bit disappointed to see you have to spend $30 to use this coupon. I don't remember them saying that on air, and on HSN's website they don't even mention/list this coupon.
- VALUE: $10.00