February 15, 2012

Amika Obliphica Oil Treatment -- pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I received a sample of this hair oil in my October Birchbox, and at first wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I really ended up liking it! I use a few drops on damp hair, from the middle to the ends, and it gives my hair lots of shine. In this post I'll show you the full-sized version.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

amika Obliphica Oil Treatment



 

 

 









amika Obliphica Oil Treatment PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: good for all hair types, a little goes a long way, adds shine and health to your hair
CON's: ?

Basic Stats for amika Obliphica Oil Treatment:
Formula: liquid (oil)
Cost/Availability: $34.00 (3.38 fl oz full size). Available on the amika website, and everywhere else amika products are sold.
Packaging: glass bottle with twist-off lid; has an easy pour dispenser so you don't dump it out
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
Sea Buckthorn Berry (Obliphica) Oil Treatment is formulated with an arsenal of antioxidants, vitamins, healthy fatty acids, Omega 3, 6 & 9 and the rare Omega 7 (usually only found in fish oil). These potent vitamins combined with the powerful properties of the Argan nut oil come together to form a line that replenishes, moisturizes and brings out hairs natural balance. This treatment will hydrate, smooth and protect all hair types, even color treated hair. Feeds and strengthens hair, while eliminating frizz and adding shine. The natural molecules in the formula penetrate the surface of the hair to get to the root, sealing split ends, improving shine and elasticity while providing UV protection from environmental and sun damage. Free of parabens and artificial colors.

Cost/Availability:
$34.00 (3.38 fl oz full size). Available on the amika website, and everywhere else amika products are sold.

Packaging:
Glass bottle with twist-off lid. There is a, what I'm calling, easy pour dispenser - which will prevent the oil from dumping out all over, so you have control out of what comes out.

amika Obliphica Oil Treatment Review:
I really love this hair oil! It smells nice (I can't put my finger on what the scent is), and absorbs into my hair quickly without feeling greasy. I only use a few drops, and apply to damp hair from the middle to my ends. I sometimes even use a drop or two on dry hair to help my ends.

As with all hair oils, less is more. Don't over do it or you'll end up with a greasy head of hair. Start off with 2 or 3 drops in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and distribute the product into your hair. Experiment with how many drops work best for your hair type and if you can apply from roots to end, or just middle to end.

You can also use this as an overnight deep conditioning treatment. What I do sometimes is apply a lot of this oil (by a lot, I mean about 10 to 15 drops) to my hair - roots to ends. I usually put it up in a bun and sleep with it over night. It will absorb into your hair all those hours. If you're worried about ruining your pillowcase just put a towel on it on the nights you deep conditioner your hair with oil, but it may not even be necessary to use a towel. I just do it out of habit more than out of necessity.

I don't use hair oils everyday, but when I do I can feel and see a difference.

Overall, yes, I'd recommend this hair oil!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this hair oil? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I love hair oils to style my pixie haircut b/c they add just enough control without gelling the whole lot and making my hair stiff. My favorite *was* Ojon Damage Reverse but now I prefer Macademia Treatment because it's a little thicker and provides more control. I tried this one, too, and it's pretty nice but not my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this oil treatment but I got the Orofluido hair oil in this month's Birchbox and I love it! It makes me hair so soft and smooth yet with more volume - does not weight it down at all. This will motivate my first full size purchase from Birchbox.

    http://tallulah-bonvivantbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)