February 21, 2012

Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow - shades: Hot Pants, Typical Girl, Dirty Jeans, Ladies Night, Veteran, Hello Brooklyn - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tried out the Glamour Doll Eyes eye shadows in shades Hot Pants, Typical Girl, Dirty Jeans, Ladies Night, Veteran, and Hello Brooklyn. They are really pretty shades, with Dirty Jeans, Hello Brooklyn, and Ladies Night being my favorites out of the six shades I have. Glamour Doll Eyes currently offers 102 shades -- so there is a shade (or two, or ten) for everyone!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow
Shades: Hot Pants, Typical Girl, Dirty Jeans, Ladies Night, Veteran, Hello Brooklyn
Continue scrolling down to see more photos of each individual shade.



















Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow
Shade: Hot Pants
Shade Description: A fresh light blue.
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow
Shade: Typical Girl
Shade Description: A lilac purple.
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow
Shade: Dirty Jeans
Shade Description: A golden light blue.
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow
Shade: Ladies Night
Shade Description: A matte black with aqua blue glitter.
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow
Shade: Veteran
Shade Description: A darker royal blue with red-bronze shimmer (although the website says red sparkle, but I see more bronze -- it reminds me of Barielle's polish in Falling Star).
 







Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow
Shade: Hello Brooklyn
Shade Description: A blackened teal.
 





Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: affordable, great color selection, great pigmentation
CON's: coloring is off from how it looks online to how it looks in person, but the swatch photos they have online are accurate

Basic Stats for Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow:
Formula: loose-powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: nicely pigmented
Shade Info: currently available in an amazing 102 shades
Cost/Availability: $6.00 (1.5 to 2 gram [with sifter] or 2 to 2.5 gram [without sifter] full size). Available on the Glamour Doll Eyes website. Also available in sample sizes for $1.25 each.
Packaging: round jar, twist-off lid, choose with or without sifter
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
These loose pigment mineral shadows are nicely pigmented and offered in a very large selection of shades. They blend nicely and can be applied wet or dry. Some shades are not vegan, so click on each shade to see if it's vegan or not (if that's something important to you).

Wear:
Average to above average wear depending on your eye lids and if you use a shadow primer. I always use a shadow primer and I had no issues with these shadows lasting all day.

Coverage:
Very nicely pigmented. Some shades have more pigmentation than others, but that's to be expected with any mineral shadow line.

Shade Info:
Currently available in an amazing 102 shades! I want so many others - and I'd love to try their Eye Lights (pretty glitters!).

Cost/Availability:
$6.00 (1.5 to 2 gram [with sifter] or 2 to 2.5 gram [without sifter] full size). Available on the Glamour Doll Eyes website. Also available in sample sizes for $1.25 each.

Packaging:
Round jar with twist-off lid. You can choose to have a sifter included, but I like them without a sifter. Easier for me to work with.

Glamour Doll Eyes Eye Shadow Review:
I was really intrigued by this company and their shadows. The website and the colors are all very eye-catching (no pun intended) and seemed like a fun brand to try. I really like the quality of their shadows and the shade selection. It's affordable, and you can try any of their shades in sample sizes first - which is great for anyone who is unsure of certain shades.

Out of the six shades I have, I've been wearing Dirty Jeans, Hello Brooklyn, and Ladies Night the most. The one shade I probably don't really plan to use is Hot Pants.

There was only one thing I was a little disappointed in, which is some of the shades that I have did not look like they did online in the product photo. They do have swatch photos for all their shades (I believe for all), and those are accurate, but I didn't look at them for every single shadow (but I should have, so that's my own fault).

For example, the shade Hot Pants looked like a blue toned gray in the product photo and since I love gray shadows I thought it would be a great choice. In person, Hot Pants was not gray at all; it's a light blue. The description did say "light blue with dark blue undertones", but this was one of the shades that I did not look at the swatch photo or read the description. I was just going by what I saw from the main selection (when you see all the colors on one page).

Sort of the same situation with the shade Dirty Jeans, but more so that their photo does not do this shade any justice. Dirty Jeans is such a gorgeous golden light blue, with a perfect name for it. It's one of those shades that really comes to life when swatched/applied. The shade Typical Girl also is prettier in person.

The shade Veteran looks much darker online than it is in real life, but it's still a gorgeous shade! It instantly reminded me of the Barielle nail polish in the shade Falling Star. I would say shades Hello Brooklyn and Ladies Night are the only shades (from the ones I have) that look true to shade from online to in person.

Regardless of how they looked online and how they looked in person, I was still extremely happy with them. They are so pretty! I would just highly recommend looking at the swatch photos they offer to determine what the shade will look like. Their swatch photos show each shade in its prettiest and truest form.

Overall, YES, I would absolutely recommend this brand!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these shadows? What shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. What a great review! Very helpful indeed.
    Out of the six "Hello Brooklyn" would be my favourite. I would probably also have bought "Ladies Night", but not after having seen your swatches - there's not enough glitter in it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a really helpful review. nice job :)!
    I like hello broklyn and veteran, but i dislike using loose pigment/eye shadow as it gets messy all around my table >:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful review and swatches!!! Loved Hello Brooklyn it is so beautiful!!

    http://menia-prettylittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)