February 9, 2012

Unite Boosta Spray & Unite Expanda Dust Volumizing Powder -- pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have long, fine, limp hair. Volumizing products are the #1 hair styling product I purchase, and my hair product shelves are full of volumizing products... some that work and a lot that don't. When I came across the Unite brand I wasn't sure what to expect. When testing I had little expectations because my hair rarely will react to a volumizing product, or if it does, it only reacts for a few minutes than falls flat. That's why I was surprised to have great results with the first use of each of these Unite products. I decided to test it out another two weeks before I wrote up a review to make sure it continued to work for me. And guess what? It did!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Unite Volumizing Products
Unite Boosta Spray and Unite Expanda Dust: A Continue scrolling down for more details on each individual product.
 



Unite Boosta Spray
 






Unite Expanda Dust

 







Unite Boost Spray PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: easy to use; non-sticky, works
CON's: as with all volumizing products, it may not work for everyone

Basic Stats for Unite Boosta Spray:
Formula: liquid in a spray bottle
Cost/Availability: $26.25 (8 fl oz full size). Available on the Unite website and everywhere else Unite products are sold.
Packaging: rounded bottle with spray-top
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Unite Expanda Dust Volumizing Powder PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: works really well to add volume and texture
CON's: slightly sticky; may leave white residue behind if you use too much

Basic Stats for Expanda Dust Volumizing Powder:
Formula: feather-light powder
Cost/Availability: $26.25 (0.21 oz full size). Available on the Unite website and everywhere else Unite products are sold.
Packaging: rounded bottle with twist-off lid and sifter
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
UNITE BOOSTA SPRAY: This weight-less spray adds volume to your roots and all over. Non-sticky and really easy to use. Just spray on damp hair. I use a blow dryer to get the most out of this spray.

UNITE EXPANDA DUST VOLUMIZING POWDER: This powder is feather-light and has a really unique texture. It moves around easily and like it's floating. It will add volume, texture and thicken your hair. It works like magic!


Cost/Availability:
UNITE BOOSTA SPRAY: $26.25 (8 fl oz full size). Available on the Unite website and everywhere else Unite products are sold.

UNITE EXPANDA DUST VOLUMIZING POWDER: $26.25 (0.21 oz full size). Available on the Unite website and everywhere else Unite products are sold.


Packaging:
UNITE BOOSTA SPRAY: Rounded bottle with spray-top.

UNITE EXPANDA DUST VOLUMIZING POWDER: Rounded bottle with twist-off lid and sifter.


Unite Boosta Spray and Unite Expanda Dust Volumizing Powder Review:
I can use either the Unite Boosta Spray or the Unite Expanda Dust and get great volume in my hair that lasts all day. Or, I can use both and get a mega dose of volume!

The first product I tried was the Unite Expanda Dust. I tried it on my 2nd day hair, which is at its limpest. As you can see in my before/after photo, I got instant volume! I have to say that in person my hair had even more volume. I couldn't get the right angle with the camera to show how amazing it worked! I was really impressed, but realized if you use too much it can leave behind some white residue. Don't worry, it's easy to fix; just keep working it in and if you really over-do it then you'll learn for next time that you only need a little bit to get mega volume.

The Expanda Dust bottle feels empty when you receive it; the powder is just that light weight! It is slightly sticky on your hands, but doesn't feel that way in your hair after it sets.

The next morning I tried the Unite Boost Spray after my shower and was again impressed with the results. My hair not only looked like it have more volume, but it felt thicker too. By the end of the day my hair still looked great.

The following day after my shower I used the Unite Boosta Spray and then once my hair was dry, I used the Unite Expanda Dust and WOW... I felt like I had someone else's hair because my hair never has volume like that!

Of course with any hair product, especially volumizing products, it may not work for everyone. However, I can say if a product works on my hair then it has a really good chance of working on a lot of other people's hair too.

Overall, YES, I recommend both these products! The Unite brand itself is a brand I'm new to, but really looking forward to trying more products in the future since I was so impressed with these two.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these volumizing products? Have you tried either of them or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)