February 27, 2012

Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in Black - pics, swatches, review - Plus: ways to mix it with loose glitter & shimmer powder

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tried out the Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in Black. The packaging is really nice because it has a built-in brush into the cap lid, which means I'm never searching for a liner brush. I also tested out ways to mix this liner with loose glitter and shimmer powder, which you'll see the results of that testing below.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner
Shade: Shade
Shade Description: A rich black; no shimmer.


 






















Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner
Ways to Mix with Loose Glitter & Shimmer Powder:



Basic Stats for Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner:
Formula: gel liner
Wear: long wear
Coverage: very pigmented
Shade Info: currently available in 5 shades
Cost/Availability: $21.00 (29 g full size), includes a built-in brush. Available on the Cailyn Cosmetics website and everywhere else Cailyn Cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: rounded jar with domed lid that has a built-in brush
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This gel eyeliner goes on smooth, richly pigmented, and lasts all day. Smudge proof, waterproof, and sweat resistant. The built-in brush is a nice touch, and applies the liner nicely.

Wear:
Long-wearing; I had no issues with this liner lasting all day and then some.

Coverage:
Very nicely pigmented.

Shade Info:
Currently available in five shades: Black, Brown, Chocolate Mousse, Blue, and Green.

Cost/Availability:
$21.00 (29 g full size), includes a built-in brush. Available on the Cailyn Cosmetics website and everywhere else Cailyn Cosmetics are sold.

Packaging:
Rounded jar with domed lid that has a built-in brush.

Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner Review:
This was a really nice eyeliner, smooth and easy to apply. The black color is a nice, rich black shade. It applied to my upper lash line with ease and lasted all day without moving.

It was fun to mix loose glitter and shimmer power into this liner to get a different effect; it's honestly something I haven't done before, although I've thought about it. Mixing the glitter in didn't really leave me with a glitter effect that I would like. It was a little too covered up by the liner. I'd prefer to apply the glitter separately, on top of the liner. However, I did really like mixing in the shimmer powder. I mixed in the shade Girly from Cailyn Cosmetics and it turned the liner a nice gray shade - which was nice to know I can get more than one shade from a single pot of gel eyeliner. I will experiment more with different shimmer shades in the future and see what combinations I can come up with.... I always plan to use an electric blue loose shimmer powder with this and create a smokey electric blue liner!

The only thing that prevented me from giving this 5 out of 5 Kisses is the fact it didn't last on my inner rim/waterline, and I have another gel eyeliner that does. However, in all fairness, there are very few products that will stay put on my inner rim/waterline.  It did go on nicely, although not very black (I could have waited for it to set and then apply another layer). You can see how that looks in the last photo of my eye wearing this liner, where I applied it to my lower inner rim/waterline. Still, it did apply on my inner rim/waterline a lot better than some other gel liners I have.

There are five great core liner shades available, which will work on nearly everyone, but of course I'd recommend everyone get the black shade!

Overall, a great gel eyeliner with fun options to mix in loose glitter and shimmer powder.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this liner? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? What about mixing in the loose glitter and shimmer powder? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Te ha quedado genial el rabillo con este eyeliner. Tiene buena pinta y me gusta que la brocha vaya incluida en el bote. Así no se pierde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review! it reminds me a lot of the new revlon colorstay gel liner. speaking of that, I would love if you could do more drugstore reviews. i read your blog everyday and would love to read about things a teenage girl could actually buy. thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jacobi: I haven't tried the Revlon Gel liners yet but I'll have to check them out. I do post drugstore brand products but it usually goes by what I'm using the most os what I'll post about. I do have some posts scheduled for some Revlon, Milani, Jordana, Sula, Simple Skincare, Freeman Beauty, and many other drugstore brands.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)