February 13, 2012

Tona Michelle Cosmetics Kiss Moi Glossware lip gloss in the shade Lip Candy -- swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I don't know if many of you are aware, but I used to have my own photography studio. I was the photographer and my studio was located in my home. I offered glamour, boudoir and pin-up style photography for women. During the years I had my photo studio I worked with many makeup artists, one of them being a super nice lady named Tona Michelle. She is a professional at what she does in the makeup world and decided to start her own cosmetics line (something which was a long-time dream for her). I am so excited she was able to bring her dream to life with her launch of Tona Michelle Cosmetics!

Of course seeing as how we used to work together, she contacted me and asked if I'd like to test out some of her products and share my thoughts with my readers. Of course I would! Over the next several weeks I'll share a few of her makeup items and a few of her skincare items. I'll also have a giveaway for you too! I decided to start off with her Kiss Moi Glossware Lip Gloss in the shade Lip Candy.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Tona Michelle Cosmetics
Kiss Moi Glossware Lip Gloss
Shade: Lip Candy
Shade Description: A coral pink with golden shimmer.




  
















Tona Michelle Kiss Moi Glossware Lip Gloss PRO's & CON's:
PRO's: beautiful colors, great color pay-off, lots of shine, long lasting
CON's: slightly tacky (which is on purpose)

Basic Stats for Tona Michelle Kiss Moi Glossware Lip Gloss:
Formula: lip gloss
Wear: longer wearing than most glosses; re-apply as necessary
Coverage: great color pay-off
Shade Info: currently available in 8 shades
Cost/Availability: $16.00 (0.28 oz/8 g  full size). Available on the Tona Michelle Cosmetics website.
Packaging: rounded tube with twist-off cap, doe-foot applicator
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
These lip glosses are formulated to give extreme shine while staying put. They are slightly tacky, but that's on purpose to help them last longer. They go on smooth and feel comfortable on my lips. Fragrance and paraben free, with vitamin E added.

Wear:
Longer wearing than most glosses I own, but of course your own lifestyle (how much you're eating, drinking, talking while wearing this) will affect how long it lasts. Re-apply as needed.

Coverage:
Great color payoff; for sure not sheer.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 8 core shades. I think the shade Pinky looks like a gorgeous nude tone with just the right mix of nude and pink. That may be the next one I get!

Cost/Availability:
$16.00 (0.28 oz/8 g  full size). Available on the Tona Michelle Cosmetics website.

Packaging:
Rounded lip gloss tube with twist-off black cap. Doe-foot applicator (my favorite kind).

Tona Michelle Kiss Moi Glossware Lip Gloss Review:
Even though I know Tona personally, I kept that far from my mind when testing out this lip gloss. I even had a friend, who doesn't know Tona at all and who didn't know I knew Tona, test this lip gloss out too.

I really liked this lip gloss. I think the shade I have, Lip Candy, is such a pretty pink; it reminds me of the NARS Orgasm lip gloss shade. I loved how much shine this lip gloss had and how much longer it lasted on me. I normally don't believe it when a lip gloss says it will last long, but the formulation of this lip gloss helps it stick around on your lips. It went on smooth, and felt comfortable on my lips.

My friend liked this lip gloss as well, although she did comment on the slight tacky feeling after she first applied it. I told her to give it a few minutes and to see that it will wear longer because of it. She tested it out, and reported back that she had forgotten she even had the lip gloss on because she didn't even notice the slightly tacky feeling that was there when she first applied the gloss. She also commented on how it lasted longer than other glosses she wore. In case you're wondering how tacky this is, I can say it's less tacky or just as tacky as the Stila's Lip Glazes.

Overall, I was happy with this lip gloss and I'd recommend checking them out on her website. Let me know what shade you'd want to try out!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Have you tried the Tona Michelle Cosmetics brand, or is this brand new to you? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)