February 16, 2012

MyGlam - February 2012

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my first MyGlam bag, although I should have received a January bag. My January bag was one that was in the shipping mix-up and delivered to someone else. They refunded me for that month, and said they'd include an extra item in this month's bag that would be worth over $10, but I don't think the extra gift this month was very impressive. You'll see everything below. Overall, I'm not super impressed with my first shipment, but it's only one shipment so I can't determine if I'll like the MyGlam service or not. I do like this month's bag... pink with black hearts! Super cute!

For more information on MyGlam, or to sign-up and start receiving your own MyGlam bag every month, CLICK HERE. $10 each month.


MONTH 2012 MyGlam Bag





The Included Info Card:
 


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's MyGlam Bag: $17.81 (value is approximate and does not include the X Out product, Ghiradelli Chocolate, NuMe Gift Card, and the extra item for last month's shipping error)
  • Total # of Items Received: 6  (7 if you include the extra item)
  • # of makeup items: 1
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skincare items: 4
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 1

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

NYX Roll On Shimmer in Mauve Pink
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: NYX's brand new, intensely rich, shimmering powder that can be applied to the eyes, face, and body.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like the NYX brand, and I love shimmer/glitter, so I was looking forward to this product. The color is a pretty pink, and even though you can't really tell in the photos, it is very sparkly in person. I don't really like the roll-on style shadows, but I will de-pot this into a jar and use it as a loose shimmer powder (like I did with all my older Maybelline Roller Color shadows).
  • FULL SIZE: 0.052 oz @ $4.50
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.052 oz (full sized item)
  • VALUE: $4.50
 


 





X OUT Shine Control
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Stay flawless and shine free with this oil-free moisturizer with a mattifying complex.
  • MY THOUGHTS: This is from the makers of Proactive, so I was worried about having an allergic reactions, as I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide (the acne fighting ingredients in Proactive products). I didn't see that listed in the ingredients, but I could be tricked and it could be listed differently. I only swatched it on my hand for the photos in this post, and today my hand is red where the swatch was. To be fair, I did do a lot of swatching yesterday so that could be the reason. Not sure if I will use this or not.
  • FULL SIZE: ??? @ $???
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.75 fl oz 
  • VALUE: $? -- I can't determine a price since it's not listed for sale on its own, and it's currently a "free gift" when you sign up for the face wash monthly program.
 










FREEMAN Pineapple Enzyme Facial Mask
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Turn your date night prep-time into a soothing spa experience with easy-to-use skin-perfecting masks. 
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like the Freeman line of masks; they're affordable and work nicely. I haven't tried the pineapple mask, but this one-time use sachet will be a great way to test it out. I didn't open this mask for the photos because I don't have a container to put it in after I open it.
  • FULL SIZE: 6 oz @ $3.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 oz
  • VALUE: $1.99 is how much it is sold for on the Freeman website (this exact size sachet), but the actual value is $0.33





PREMIER samples
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Luxury skincare rich in life-enhancing minerals from the Dead Sea Waters.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I received a sample of the Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask (the Cinderella Mask), and the Concentrated Facial Serum with vitamins E and C. I'm glad I get to try this brand out, as it's on the pricey side. I didn't open the samples up because I don't have containers right now to put them in, and I'm really interested in trying them out. They may seem like small samples, but they hold pretty good value for sample packets.
  • FULL SIZE: Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask is 2.04 oz @ $149.99 --- Concentrated Facial Serum with vitamins E and C is 1.7 oz @ $149.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Each sample is 0.07 fl oz
  • VALUE:  Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask is $5.15 --- Concentrated Facial Serum with vitamins E and C is $6.17





NUME $100 Gift Card
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Enjoy $100 towards NuMe's products. Hair tools that will revolutionize your everyday look.
  • MY THOUGHTS: Now before you get all crazy over this, the generous "gift card" isn't really a true gift card; it's a coupon. A very high value coupon, but it's still just a coupon. You can only use this towards the purchase of styling tools or extensions, and from what I've read, the cheapest option would be $15, plus shipping. I've also read that shipping was close to $25 for someone, making it not worth it at all, but I don't know how much shipping would be. To me, this isn't that much of a deal, unless you were already planning to purchase a NuMe styling tool or extensions. I'm also not including this in the value of this month's bag because it would actually cost me money to use this. Also, there was a unique certificate ID on the back of the card, which I removed in the photo.
  • FULL SIZE: n/a
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: n/a
  • VALUE: $100.00  (I am NOT including this into the monthly value)





GHIRADELLI Chocolate
  • DESCRIPTION (written on note in box): Dear Glammies, Here's a sweet surprise with love from San Francisco! Enjoy these decadent delights! xoxo, The MyGlam Team
  • MY THOUGHTS: I'm guessing this was MyGlam's Valentine's Day treat. I like Ghiradelli chocolate, and was happy to get plain options (one dark chocolate and one milk chocolate square). It was a nice surprise, one that it already half-gone.









URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: n/a
  • MY THOUGHTS: This must be my extra item MyGlam promised to include in this month's shipping (to help make up for last month's shipping issues). They said the item would be worth over $10, but it's not. You can buy this size primer potion on Urban Decay's website for $9.00 -- sure, that's close to $10, but it's the fact that they specifically said it would be worth more than $10 that bugs me. I bet a lot of people will be let down, thinking it would be something good. It's not even the new version of the primer, in the squeeze tube, instead it's the old style with the doe-foot applicator. However, with all that said, it was still free. I can't really complain because I do like this primer, so it's always nice to have an extra. I just wish MyGlam would follow through with what they say.
  • FULL SIZE: 3.7 ml travel size @ $9 
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 3.7 ml
  • VALUE: $9.00





Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a MyGlam bag this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? Feel free to leave a link below to your MyGlam blog post. Discuss in the comments below.



20 comments:

  1. I got my bag today too. I wasn't too impressed either. I got black glitter and have no idea what to use it for. Any ideas?
    Plus I found the Premier full-sized products on amazon massively slashed in price from the original. They were $20-28 not the $149 on the main website. But I did see a lot of good reviews. So that's hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sarah: Was your black glitter the NYX Roll-On, or another product? Sounds interesting though! Could be a great way to accept black cream liner (for pretty sparkle at your lash line).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that there is a hit and miss in Myglam since it is a new company. I just want to put one comment about the $10 value of the primer size. I know it is $9 value on the UD website, but at my Sephora, it was $10. Plus if u think of tax or shipping for shopping online, it would just count for the $1 difference. I am a little bit disappointed for products that come this month. But I thought it would be too harsh to bluntly say that they try to cheat us with the prices. I feel that every business do this as a way to advertised. They would put a price for something that is not worth the price or not a correct price for that specific item. I think what MyGlam trying to tell us is the above items can worth a lot in a full size, but we give you sample to try out for a very reasonable price. No one would ever bluntly say, "here is the price of the sample, we save you money for it."
    The point is trying out the products to see if we like it or not and we don't have to buy the full size to try it out and not like it and throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to get my bag! And if i get black glitter I will be super excited! I have been looking for some for months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, I am guessing the UD primer is left over samples from the december bag ... cause I think they gave them in that bag...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ ngocupham: I never said the company is trying to cheat us with the prices. What I said was they said it would be worth over $10 and it wasn't. If it was just a regular product in this month's bag I probably wouldn't have even mentioned anything, but they were specially trying to make up for a mistake on their end for the error in shipping, and I feel if you're going to try an "apologize" in this manner then you should really follow through with what you say. Regardless, as I said, I'm happy to have another primer potion sample :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. even though you would have to spend money to use the nume gift it is so worth it. i just purchased a flat iron from them and i absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Marla: You're absolutely correct... which is why I think people will be disappointed, especially if they received a December bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Pink Tattoo: Yes, that is the only way it would be worth it. For someone like me, who already has two flat irons that I don't use near enough, this wouldn't be worth it for me to spend the money ($15 for the cheapest, plus shipping - which someone had said could be up to $25, so $40 to spend on an iron). I'm giving my gift card to a friend who has been in the market for a flat iron.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was one of the people who never got their bag last month. I had to contact *them* when it hadn't arrived after two weeks. All they did was refund my $10. I didn't get the e-mail others seem to have gotten which explained the issue and promised the extra product in this MyGlam. Needless to say nothing special (even a mini Primer Potion) came in mine. I wasn't overly impressed with this bag and my experiences thus far haven't been great with them. I'm really not sure what to think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Glossy Boss: I wonder why you never got that email? That's a bummer! Especially since you didn't get an extra item in your bag. A lot of people are having mixed feelings about MyGlam. I understand it's a new company and there will be mistakes, but it's how they handle those mistakes that show what a company is willing to do for their customers. I hope they will get back on track. I like that, so far, they are all about beauty products -- not like Birchbox who will send mints or something. Sure, there was chocolate in this shipment but that was a V-Day treat. I plan to give MyGlam at least 3 months to test them out. I have a few other new subscription services I'm going to be testing out too, so we'll see which ones I'll keep giving my money to and which ones are going to help me save money by not subscribing to them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hm, I liked the first two bags people got, but this one seems like left over samples they had or something like that. That was courteous of them to offer a free gift to make up for the last bag's absence, too bad it wasn't worth $10+ though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Krystal: It was really nice that they offered to give us an extra goodie. When I read that email I was impressed with the way they handled the shipping error! Since February is already half way over, I'm already looking forward to the March bag. I wonder what it will include?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah the black glitter was the NYX roll on in Onyx. Maybe repotting it as you are thinking of doing would make it more resourceful. Maybe it will stick better with primer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Sarah: You got a great shade then! Yes, try de-potting it and using it as a loose pigment. It should stick like a charm over primer! You could even mix it in with a cream liner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My bag should be here soon....

    I can understand why some are disappointed, but this is just $10. I like that everyone gets the same thing *unlike birchbox*.

    Love the skin care stuff, can't wait to try the NYX (hoping it's a bold/bright color). As for the coupon, I am thinking of letting my daughter pick something for her birthday--she doesn't have her own hair dryer, and she might be interested in the curling iron. It would have been nice if you could have used this for other things though--I do agree with that complaint.

    This will be my 2nd bag, I loved last month's, and so far so good. But that's just me!

    Oh and you're not alone on the proactive stuff--my sister is allergic to sulfur, one of the main ingredients in proactive. I hope you're not allergic to it tho!

    Great review as always! And *forehead slap* I don't know why I never thought of putting my samples in a container! I have several I ordered for loose eyeshadow and haven't used them. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't received mine yet. I live on the east coast, and I was one of the lucky people to have their bags shipped late, which I'm totally confused over since east coast was supposed to ship first. My bag shipped yesterday, It's not scheduled to be delivered until the 22nd. I'm not happy about it and I'm also not impressed with this month's bag. I hope next months is better. They're asking for suggestions on their facebook page, you should post on it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Nik: I'm on the east coast too (Virginia), so I wonder why your bag is shipping so late? It's nice that MyGlam is asking for suggestions, hopefully they will take them to heart. If I used Facebook I would for sure post on their Facebook page, but I'm one of the weirdos who doesn't use Facebook or Twitter, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got my bag today and It said it was shipped on the 13th... I got the roll on in Green. I will use it for St. Pattys:) I give this glambag a B-... Looking forward to next months!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)