This is my first MyGlam bag, although I should have received a January bag. My January bag was one that was in the shipping mix-up and delivered to someone else. They refunded me for that month, and said they'd include an extra item in this month's bag that would be worth over $10, but I don't think the extra gift this month was very impressive. You'll see everything below. Overall, I'm not super impressed with my first shipment, but it's only one shipment so I can't determine if I'll like the MyGlam service or not. I do like this month's bag... pink with black hearts! Super cute!
For more information on MyGlam, or to sign-up and start receiving your own MyGlam bag every month, CLICK HERE. $10 each month.
Shipment Quick Stats:
- Value of this month's MyGlam Bag: $17.81 (value is approximate and does not include the X Out product, Ghiradelli Chocolate, NuMe Gift Card, and the extra item for last month's shipping error)
- Total # of Items Received: 6 (7 if you include the extra item)
- # of makeup items: 1
- # of nail items: 0
- # of skincare items: 4
- # of body care items: 0
- # of hair care items: 0
- # of fragrance items: 0
- # of other items: 1
Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...
NYX Roll On Shimmer in Mauve Pink
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: NYX's brand new, intensely rich, shimmering powder that can be applied to the eyes, face, and body.
- MY THOUGHTS: I like the NYX brand, and I love shimmer/glitter, so I was looking forward to this product. The color is a pretty pink, and even though you can't really tell in the photos, it is very sparkly in person. I don't really like the roll-on style shadows, but I will de-pot this into a jar and use it as a loose shimmer powder (like I did with all my older Maybelline Roller Color shadows).
- FULL SIZE: 0.052 oz @ $4.50
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.052 oz (full sized item)
- VALUE: $4.50
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Stay flawless and shine free with this oil-free moisturizer with a mattifying complex.
- MY THOUGHTS: This is from the makers of Proactive, so I was worried about having an allergic reactions, as I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide (the acne fighting ingredients in Proactive products). I didn't see that listed in the ingredients, but I could be tricked and it could be listed differently. I only swatched it on my hand for the photos in this post, and today my hand is red where the swatch was. To be fair, I did do a lot of swatching yesterday so that could be the reason. Not sure if I will use this or not.
- FULL SIZE: ??? @ $???
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.75 fl oz
- VALUE: $? -- I can't determine a price since it's not listed for sale on its own, and it's currently a "free gift" when you sign up for the face wash monthly program.
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Turn your date night prep-time into a soothing spa experience with easy-to-use skin-perfecting masks.
- MY THOUGHTS: I like the Freeman line of masks; they're affordable and work nicely. I haven't tried the pineapple mask, but this one-time use sachet will be a great way to test it out. I didn't open this mask for the photos because I don't have a container to put it in after I open it.
- FULL SIZE: 6 oz @ $3.99
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 oz
- VALUE: $1.99 is how much it is sold for on the Freeman website (this exact size sachet), but the actual value is $0.33
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Luxury skincare rich in life-enhancing minerals from the Dead Sea Waters.
- MY THOUGHTS: I received a sample of the Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask (the Cinderella Mask), and the Concentrated Facial Serum with vitamins E and C. I'm glad I get to try this brand out, as it's on the pricey side. I didn't open the samples up because I don't have containers right now to put them in, and I'm really interested in trying them out. They may seem like small samples, but they hold pretty good value for sample packets.
- FULL SIZE: Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask is 2.04 oz @ $149.99 --- Concentrated Facial Serum with vitamins E and C is 1.7 oz @ $149.99
- SIZE I RECEIVED: Each sample is 0.07 fl oz
- VALUE: Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask is $5.15 --- Concentrated Facial Serum with vitamins E and C is $6.17
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Enjoy $100 towards NuMe's products. Hair tools that will revolutionize your everyday look.
- MY THOUGHTS: Now before you get all crazy over this, the generous "gift card" isn't really a true gift card; it's a coupon. A very high value coupon, but it's still just a coupon. You can only use this towards the purchase of styling tools or extensions, and from what I've read, the cheapest option would be $15, plus shipping. I've also read that shipping was close to $25 for someone, making it not worth it at all, but I don't know how much shipping would be. To me, this isn't that much of a deal, unless you were already planning to purchase a NuMe styling tool or extensions. I'm also not including this in the value of this month's bag because it would actually cost me money to use this. Also, there was a unique certificate ID on the back of the card, which I removed in the photo.
- FULL SIZE: n/a
- SIZE I RECEIVED: n/a
- VALUE: $100.00 (I am NOT including this into the monthly value)
- DESCRIPTION (written on note in box): Dear Glammies, Here's a sweet surprise with love from San Francisco! Enjoy these decadent delights! xoxo, The MyGlam Team
- MY THOUGHTS: I'm guessing this was MyGlam's Valentine's Day treat. I like Ghiradelli chocolate, and was happy to get plain options (one dark chocolate and one milk chocolate square). It was a nice surprise, one that it already half-gone.
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: n/a
- MY THOUGHTS: This must be my extra item MyGlam promised to include in this month's shipping (to help make up for last month's shipping issues). They said the item would be worth over $10, but it's not. You can buy this size primer potion on Urban Decay's website for $9.00 -- sure, that's close to $10, but it's the fact that they specifically said it would be worth more than $10 that bugs me. I bet a lot of people will be let down, thinking it would be something good. It's not even the new version of the primer, in the squeeze tube, instead it's the old style with the doe-foot applicator. However, with all that said, it was still free. I can't really complain because I do like this primer, so it's always nice to have an extra. I just wish MyGlam would follow through with what they say.
- FULL SIZE: 3.7 ml travel size @ $9
- SIZE I RECEIVED: 3.7 ml
- VALUE: $9.00