February 23, 2012

M.A.D. Skincare On Guard Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30 - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've been trying out a lot of M.A.D. Skincare products, and so have my friends/family, so don't be surprised if you see a lot of M.A.D. Skincare reviews over the next couple months. It's a brand new to me, but one that I'm starting to really love. In this post I'll show you the On Guard Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30. There are no shade options, so I'm not sure if it would work on all skintones, but it does work great on me (I'm in the lighter medium skintone family). You can see how it looks blended into my skin in a photo below, and it's near undetectable.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

M.A.D. Skincare
On Guard Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30


   

 












Basic Stats for M.A.D. Skincare On Guard Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30:
Formula: a creamy gel-like texture
Wear: re-apply as necessary
Coverage: very sheer
Cost/Availability: $38.00 (4 oz full size). Available on the M.A.D. Skincare website and everywhere else M.A.D. Skincare is sold.
Packaging: squeeze tube with twist-off lid
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This tinted sunscreen is infused with vitamin C for anti-aging and brightening, as well as Trinity Tea Antioxidant Complex to fight free radicals. Enriched with peptides and ceramides to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as you fight the negative effects of UVA/UVB. No parabens or chemical colorants.

Wear:
You'll re-apply this product as necessary. You are supposed to apply this before sun exposure and if you're swimming, apply when you're finishing. This would be worn under your makeup or instead of your makeup (if you have great skin).

Coverage:
Very sheer; similar to a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream. Not designed to provide coverage, but because it's tinted it will help to reduce the appearance of redness and help to give skin a more even look.

Cost/Availability:
$38.00 (4 oz full size). Available on the M.A.D. Skincare website and everywhere else M.A.D. Skincare is sold.

Packaging:
Squeeze tube with twist-off lid.

M.A.D. Skincare On Guard Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30 Review:
I was really intrigued with this product because I thought it would be a great product to use in the summer when I go to the amusement park (which is at least 1 or 2 times a week; that's lots of sun exposure). The texture was a thick and creamy gel-like consistency, but it was very lightweight. Another good thing is there is hardly any scent.

This tinted sunscreen went on very nicely and absorbed quickly. You can use this on your face and your body, which is nice to have that option. It blends in very naturally on me, but I'm not sure how it may look on those with deep skintones or those with very fair skintones. It looks pretty universal due to how sheer it is.

I applied this after my primer and before my makeup. Think of it as a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream, and apply this product as you would the same with those. You can certainly use this on its own, but it doesn't provide any coverage so I wouldn't recommend it unless you had good skin to begin with. For those who don't wear makeup but like to protect their face with sunscreen, this is a great product for you.

Overall, a great sunscreen option for your face! I can't wait to try this out in the summer!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I love their products, I actually haven't tried this one yet, but I will have to use this soon. Theres not too much sun here in winter!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)