February 29, 2012

Special Vichy Laboratories skincare Birchbox!

Hello, Beautiful!

Earlier this week I received an email from Birchbox asking if I wanted to participate in a special Vichy skincare sponsored Birchbox. It didn't cost me anything, and it doesn't replace my normal Birchbox. I've heard of other people getting those offers but I never did, until now. I (of course) responded with a yes, and received the box in the mail today.

For more information on Birchbox, or to sign-up and start receiving your own Birchbox every month, CLICK HERE to visit http://www.birchbox.com?raf=eops9. Just $10 each month!

Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.


Vichy Birchbox - March 2012
This is a special edition Vichy skincare sponsored Birchbox, offered to some members.













The Included Info Card:




Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Birchbox shipment: $31.15 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5 -- all skincare items



Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

VICHY Aqualia Thermal Cream
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: 24hr Hydrating Care. Infused with a high concentration of mineral-rich antioxidant water, this moisturizer keeps skin hydrated around the clock. Use it every morning on a clean face, alone or under makeup.
  • MY THOUGHTS: This has a nice texture and it absorbed nicely. The scent is okay, not great but I'm really weird about fragrances.. it's not a bothersome fragrance. Even though I haven't used this on my face yet, it felt very hydrating on my hand (after I swatched it).
  • FULL SIZE: 1.7 fl oz @ $29.95
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 fl oz
  • VALUE: $8.81

 









VICHY Liftactiv Rhamnose Night
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Care. This lush night cream works its magic with Rhamnose, a plant-derived ingredient (concentrated at 5%) that helps skin renew itself. Apply a thin layer after washing your face, and don't forget your neck and decolletage.
  • MY THOUGHTS: This had a rich, dense, smooth texture. I haven't used this yet, and I'm not totally sure I need this just yet (I'm only going on 28 years old), so I may give this to my grandmom.
  • FULL SIZE: 1.7 oz @ $49.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 oz
  • VALUE: $14.41

 

 









VICHY Purete Thermal 3-in-1 One Step Cleanser
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: A real triple threat, this unique formula works as a cleansing milk, toning lotion and a makeup remover all at once. Dab it on with a cotton pad, or smooth it directly onto your skin and rinse with water.
  • MY THOUGHTS: This had a nice creamy consistency to it and the scent wasn't bad. I haven't used it yet, but plan to try it out in the near future.
  • FULL SIZE: 6.7 fl oz @ $19.50
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 fl oz
  • VALUE: $2.91
 







VICHY Purete Thermal Eye Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Laced with cornflower water and vitamin B, this uber-gentle formula thoroughly cleanses your delicate eye area. Pour a small amount onto a cotton pad and pat into skin.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I only tested this briefly on my hand and found it to be effective without leaving behind dry or greasy skin - something many eye makeup removers tend to do on my skin. I'll be using this tonight to remove my eye makeup!
  • FULL SIZE: 5.1 fl oz @ $16.50
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 fl oz
  • VALUE: $3.24
 





VICHY Celludestock
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Intensive Treatment for the Appearance of Cellulite. Vichy's own Lipocidine complex teams up with caffeine to tone the skin on your thighs, hips, and derriere. Massage into your skin to zap cellulite.
  • MY THOUGHTS: This product sounds interesting, but I'm always skeptical of products that claim to help with cellulite. The sample isn't very large, so it's not going to give me a good idea of what this product can do, but I'll still give it a try. I didn't open the sample pack yet, so that's why there are no swatches of this product.
  • FULL SIZE: 5.1 fl oz @ $39.50
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.23 fl oz
  • VALUE: $1.75



Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a special Vichy Birchbox? If so, what are your thoughts? If you don't receive Birchbox yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.



7 comments:

  1. I've never seen a special no-cost box before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ StephanieLouise: I just heard about it recently, reading about it on a makeup forum. You'll just get an email and say you were randomly selected to participate. I feel very lucky to be selected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try this brand. Thnx for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I did receive one! Am thankful too because I've used this brand in the past and it works well with my very sensitive face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh, I didn't get this email but I did get an email asking if I wanted the Teen Vogue edition of Birchbox next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Bellicoseblackcat: I got that email too. Did you choose to get a Teen Vogue box? I said yes because I figured it would be fun colors and/or products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this box too, I just recently opened it and am curious to hear your thoughts on these. I found them all to be super fragrant, so hopefully I can get over the perfume and try them soon :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)