February 21, 2012

NOTD: Nude & Neon Polka Dots

Hello, Beautiful!

Sorry for a lack of nail related posts; I honestly haven't had the time to do my nails. I went almost an entire month without changing my polish - which is super unusual for me. I also shortened my nails super, super short because we have been remodeling our son's bedroom, and I just didn't want to even bother trying to keep them from breaking. They'll grow again, but for now they're short little stubs. Today I finally took some time to do my nails, and for some reason I was inspired by the Bobbi Brown Neons & Nudes makeup collection. I decided to go with simple polka dots, using a dotting tool.


To re-create this NOTD:

  • 1 coat of CND Stickey Base Coat
  • 2 coats of Zoya polish in Shay
  • Using a dotting tool, apply Color Club polish in Almost Famous to all fingers except ring/accent finger
  • Using a dotting tool, apply American Apparel Polish in Neon Red to ring/accent finger
  • 1 coat of Seche Vite to finish off













Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of combining nude and neon shades? Discuss in the comments below.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this look!! It's a great way to make neons accessible and very wearable for those who may be intimidated by them :) Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It's like the perfect combo of neutral and brights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute!! I love the combination!

    When you say the same polish for a month, do you mean you reapplied?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ MariJo: No, I didn't even have time to re-apply. I did my nails the day before my surgery (January 10th) and didn't re-do them until February 9th (when I applied the Sally Hansen Valentine's Day Salon Effects). I had on Claire's polish in Glitter Top Coat (the silver scattered holo polish). I used the Knockout Nails clear top coat to seal it all in. It was worn after a month, but still on my nails! I was just so, so busy (and still am), so this NOTD will likely be on my nails until the weekend (at least). I can't believe I went a month without doing my nails, especially when I usually do them every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! I'll have to try this out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. easy to do yet so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun but I prefer the orangy dots because they don't look so neon but otherwise it's too cute

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)