February 26, 2012

YSL Glossy Stain in #15 Rose Vinyl - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but just haven't gotten around to writing the post until now. I purchased the YSL Glossy Stain the instance I saw it available on the Sephora website. I had fallen in love with their Sheer Candy Glossy Balm, so I figured I'd love this product too. I like it, but don't love it. The color was a little too cool-toned for what I was hoping it would be so I ended up returning it. I'll try another shade in the future. Full review at the end of this post.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Yves Stain Laurent (YSL)
Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain
Shade: 15 - Rose Vinyl
Shade Description: A bright medium pink rose with light shimmer.


 





 




















Basic Stats for YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain:
Formula: stain & gloss
Wear: average/long wear
Coverage: richly pigmented
Shade Info: available in 19 shades
Cost/Availability: $32.00 (0.20 oz full size). Available on Sephora's website, and in most Sephora stores.
Packaging: squared tube with twist-off lid and slant-tip applicator
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This lip product combines the staying power of a stain with the application and shine of gloss. Lightweight texture that glides onto lips nicely.

Wear:
Average wear for the gloss part of this, long wear for the stain part of this. 

Coverage:
Very nicely pigmented. I've only tried one shade, but so far I've been reading how well pigmented they are.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 19 shades on Sephora's website.

Cost/Availability:
$32.00 (0.20 oz full size). Available on Sephora's website, and in most Sephora stores.

Packaging:
Square tube with twist-off lid and slant-tip applicator.

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain Review:
I was really excited to try this product because I love their Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm Crystal Color, and I loved the idea/formula of Maybelline's SuperStay 10 HR Stain Gloss. I figured YSL's Glossy Stain would be the best of both worlds.

I have to say that I really liked this formula, but I'm not sure it was better than the Maybelline Stain Gloss. It had nice staying power for the stain, but the gloss was gone faster (still lasting a good amount of time).

I love that YSL offers a beautiful range of shades, because I'm not a bright/vibrant or dark color type of gal when it comes to lip stains and that was one complaint about the Maybelline Stain Glosses. I want something more wearable for everyday, especially if it's long wearing! Unfortunately, I didn't like this shade all that much. It's very pretty on its own, but on me I wasn't feeling it. In the photos above of me wearing the color on my lips it does look nicer than I think it looks in person. I ended up returning this to Sephora and I plan to try another shade in the future. I have my eyes on #7, #12 and #19, but I want to see them in person first so I don't have to buy and return shades and can pick the right one. I just don't get to my local Sephora much because it's an hour away; I do the majority if my Sephora shopping online.

Overall, I did rate this gloss a 4 out of 5 Kisses because I like the formula and the shades they offer, but this particular shade did not work for me. It may be your perfect shade!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss stain? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

7 comments:

  1. i love this pink gloss! it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice review, make me wanna try to buy another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that color! The swatches on Sephora's website are so different in person. I have #18 Rose Pastelle, it's a softer light pink color that you can see swatched on my site. You've got me wanting this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! First of all, I just want to let you know that I really love your blog :)
    A month ago, I tried these glosses and I didn't buy any of them for a reason: their smell was terrible. Don't you think it too?? Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ *Ky*: I didn't think the smell was too bad; it wasn't my favorite scent though. Reminded me of gin or something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely try out #17 if you are looking for a more wearable pink shade - I thought #15 would be great, but it was way to bright and dark for my liking :) great reviewxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jess: Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)