October 18, 2012

buff'd Cosmetics Fall 2012 Collection - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

In this post I'll share with you the Fall 2012 Collection from buff'd Cosmetics, which I have samples of. The collection includes three eyeshadows, two lipsticks, one eyeliner, and one blush. You can pick up the entire collection, in full sizes, for $59 on the buff'd Cosmetics website. Of course products are available for individual sale.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.



buff'd Cosmetics Eye Shadow
Shade: Eve, Constance, Smolder
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.





buff'd Cosmetics Eye Shadow
Shade: Eve
 









buff'd Cosmetics Eye Shadow
Shade: Constance
 









buff'd Cosmetics Eye Shadow
Shade: Smolder
 








Basic Stats & Review for buff'd Cosmetics Eye Shadow:
Cost/Availability: $7.00 (7 gram volume/2 gram weight full size). Or a sample for $1.25 (1/4 teaspoon in mini bag). Available on the buff'd Cosmetics website: Eve, Constance, Smolder.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses
Info & Review:
Only the finest mineral pigments go into buff'd Cosmetics eye shadows allowing for great wearability and colors that will never fade. Can be applied wet or dry.

I found these eye shadows to be nicely pigmented with a soft and smooth texture. In fact, their smooth texture was something I extra noted when I was testing these out. Very smooth and blendable.

Out of the three shades from the Fall 2012 Collection, Eve is my favorite but I like them all.





buff'd Cosmetics Eye Liner
Shade: Morello
 








Basic Stats & Review for buff'd Cosmetics Eye Liner:
Cost/Availability: $7.00 (7 gram volume/2 gram weight full size). Or a sample for $1.25 (1/4 teaspoon in mini bag). Available on the buff'd Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses
Info & Review:
Only the finest mineral pigments go into the buff'd Cosmetics eye liners, allowing for great wearability and colors that will never fade. Use wet or dry.

On their website, the shade Morello is described as an intense black with shimmering cherry highlights. Although I found it to be a little different in person. When I poured some of the product out to test it, it appeared to be a brown/purple with golden shimmer. When swatched it was more of a deep plum with shimmer. Regardless, I find the shade really pretty and would work great as an eye liner or as an eye shadow.




buff'd Cosmetics Blush
Shade: Ribbons
 








Basic Stats & Review for buff'd Cosmetics Blush:
Cost/Availability: $12.00 (3 gram weight full size). Or try a sample bag for $1.25 (sample bags include 1/4 teaspoon of product). Available on the buff'd Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses
Info & Review:
A concentrated formula of all-natural minerals and pigments. A little bit goes a long way, so be sure not to use too much.

The texture was nice; soft and blendable. Nice pigmentation too. The color is nice; it's a cool based pink with subtle shimmer. I liked the formula and I liked the shade.





buff'd Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick
Shade: Forever
 









buff'd Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick
Shade: Pallas
 








Basic Stats & Review for buff'd Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick:
Cost/Availability: $12.00 (4 gram tube full size). Available on the buff'd Cosmetics website: Forever, Pallas.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses
Info & Review:
Only the finest ingredients combine for a versatile and super long-wearing lipstick while remaining gentle and soothing on your lips.

I did find the texture to be very smooth, and even applying it with my pinky it still applied nicely to my lips. Felt very comfortable and smooth, and had great pigmentation.

One thing I wasn't fond of was the cinnamon-like scent these had; just not my sort of scent but may be something you love. I'm not even sure why it smells that way since cinnamon isn't anywhere listed on the ingredients. But it is a nice scent for fall!

The shades may not be my cup of tea (I prefer pink, nude and peach shades) but I did love the formula of these lipsticks!



Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this collection? What product and/or shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. what gorgeous swatches!! i always love your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect pastel shades love the lips and the entire makeup...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)