My November GoGoGirlfriend shipment finally arrived today. This is my first shipment that doesn't include all the new member extras. In my October box I received 14 items and in my September box (which was also a new member box) I received 25 items. There were 6 items in my November box, although one of the items is a 5-pc set so technically my November box contains 10 items. I'm really not impressed with this month's box, but I'm still going to give them one more month to see if I want to continue my membership with them in 2012.
I want to also mention that once again, GoGoGirlfriend fails when it comes to typing up their info paper/card (this time it's a card instead of a paper). You'll see what I mean when you read the description for the Dolce & Gabbana fragrance. I know I'm not perfect in my posts, but I'm also not a company sending out information on items people are paying for. I don't know... it's the little things like that which make me feel like the company either a). Isn't very professional, b.) Don't hire the right people, or c.) They just don't care enough to make sure it's right. But anyhow...
If you're interested in signing up for GoGoGirlfriend, click here to do so. Please use my referral number when signing up: 59755
Membership is $12.99 per shipment (with premium membership; meaning you get a box each month). Or $13.98 per shipment with basic membership (you only get a box every other month) - but they list this as $6.99 per month. Don't let that confuse you; your actually paying more than the regular membership and not even getting a box every month. However, for some people this option works better so they don't commit to paying $13 every month. You'll also gain points for filling out reviews and referring more members. You can use the points towards free products, free sample boxes and even free membership months! I've already redeemed rewards to get a free box (my November box was free). They also have giveaways just for their members. Best part is, you can hold or cancel your membership at any time.
Check out my November 2011 GoGoGirlfriend Box, then let me know what you think.
GoGoGirlfriend Box - November 2011
The included info card:This is new; most the past two boxes I received info papers; I guess they are trying to be more like Birchbox.
SHIPMENT QUICK STATS:
Value of Shipment: $25.22 (value is approximate)
Value of Shipment: $25.22 (value is approximate)
Total # of items received: 10
# of makeup items: 2
# of nail items: 0
# of skin care items: 0
# of body care items: 7
# of hair care items: 0
# of fragrance items: 1
# of other items: 0
CAMILLE BECKMAN French Vanilla 5 Piece Gift Set
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Luscious vanilla fragrance - 5 piece sampler gift pack contains Glycerine Hand Therapy, Coronet Cream, Silky Body Cream, Hand & Shower Cleansing Gel, and Bubble Bath. Wonderful as a travel pack or as a beautiful gift. Available in our store $9.99 Member Price or redeem 2,860 member points.
- MY THOUGHTS: Last month I received a Camille Beckman Travel Size Hand Therapy in Mango Beach and even though it smelled good, I didn't like the actual product (it felt too greasy). That seems to be the same basic response to this gift set. The French Vanilla smells good, but the actual products feel a little low-quality and I don't foresee myself using any of this set because I have a lot of bath & body items I like a whole lot more.
- SIZE & VALUE INFO: $12.99 non-member price; $9.99 member price in the GoGoGirlfriend Store.
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Olive oil based body and facial scrub. OluvFresh gently exfoliates, cleanses, nourishes and hydrates at the same time. This unique scrub is formulated with ingredients to replenish and protect your skin. Available in our store $6.00 - $20.00 Member Price or redeem 1,820+ points.
- MY THOUGHTS: I was excited to receive an OluvFresh product in this month's box because in my September box an OluvFresh product was listed on my info paper but was not in my box. However, maybe I'm glad I didn't receive it because I was overwhelmed by the smell of this scrub. I guess I was expecting a different scent, but it smells... well I don't know how to describe it... a little like hamster food, a little like eucalyptus, and nothing really like olives at all. It was also very separated in the jar, as you can see in the one photo. The included little spatula thing will come in handy to mix that up. It looks like it may be a nice scrub, but I'm really sensitive to smells and this is one smell I can't get past.
- SIZE & VALUE INFO: I received the 1oz size. For 1 oz - $8.00 non-member price; $6.00 member price. For 4 oz - $25.00 non-member price; $20.00 member price in the GoGoGirlfriend store.
- DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: An astonishing fragrance that evokes the spirit of Italy, the infinite sky, the deep sea and lighthearted joy. Olive oil based body and facial scrub. OluvFresh gently exfoliates, cleanses, nourishes and hydrates at the same time. Delicate, floral & Fruity. Available in our store $60.00 - $75.00 or redeem member 15,860 points.
- **** I just want to point out that once again, GoGoGirlfriend does not proof-read their info papers/cards. I typed out the description above exactly as it is listed on the info card. And yes, they really did list part of the OluvFresh product in the Dolce & Gabbana fragrance description.
- MY THOUGHTS: I'm not a fragrance person so I didn't even open this sample. From what I can smell from the outside, it smells way too strong for my taste.
- SIZE & VALUE INFO: I received a 0.05 fl oz sample vial -- a $1.86 value. In the GoGoGirlfriend store for 1.6 oz - $65.00 non-member price; $60.00 member price. For 3.4 oz - $85.00 non-member price; $75.00 member price.
The rest of the items were NOT listed on the back of the info card, but they were listed on the front. I guess they just left them off because they didn't have room or something.
E.L.F. COSMETICS Eye Shadow Crease Brush
- MY THOUGHTS: I do use e.l.f. brushes, but only their studio line of brushes. Their cheap, $1 brushes aren't soft enough and shed too much, not to mention break really easily. I'll keep this brush for when my nieces come to visit and want to play around with makeup.
- SIZE & VALUE INFO: $1.00
- MY THOUGHTS: I didn't open this yet so I have no opinion on how it works, but I do like the idea. I keep baby wipes in my bag during the summer months to freshen up (they're cooling on your skin and feel great when you feel over heated), so I probably would have used this product during the summer. I'll throw this in my emergency purse kit for that maybe-need-it moment.
- SIZE & VALUE INFO: I received 1 towelette packet - a $0.42 value; in the GoGoGirlfriend store you can get a set of 24 towelettes for $10.99 non-member price; $9.99 member price.
- MY THOUGHTS: In both my September and October box I received samples of the Blossom Natural Mineral Eye Shadow. This month they sent a full-sized pot of it in the shade Enchantment. I really liked the pigmentation/sparkle of the past two shades, but Enchantment is not a shade I would wear. The pigment payoff was also lacking on this one.
- SIZE & VALUE INFO: $5.95 member price; $9.95 non-member price in the GoGoGirlfriend store.