November 11, 2011

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polish: Black Tie & Glass Slipper -- pics, swatches!

Hello, Beautiful!

One of the new Sally Hansen collections includes their Diamond Strength line. The bottles received a small makeover (I like them better than the old versions) and there were two flakie polishes in the line that I was able to find: Glass Slipper and Princess Cut. I was so excited to find them at my Wal-Mart that I bought two of each flakie polishes (which is all they had left; honestly I would have bought more if they were available because I was so excited about them). I picked up two other shades, a raspberry pink glitter called Wedding Crasher and a duo-chrome called Black Tie.

Check out my pics & swatches of the shade Black Tie, and then of the shade Black Tie with Glass Slipper on top. Enjoy, and have a great start to your weekend!


Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
Shade: Black Tie
Shade Description: A black/purple/green/blue duo-chrome.... my camera could not capture the duo-chrome the way it looks in the bottle, but it is pretty on the nails too.
Shown in photos using one coat!

 



















Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
Shade: Glass Slipper
Shade Description: A clear base with silver glitter pieces and silver flakies!

 

 

 

 




Shown above from left to right: Deborah Lippmann Hard Rock, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Black Tie, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Glass Slipper, Deborah Lippmann Addicted to Speed.









I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll be hosting my niece's 12th birthday party. She decided to have a nail polish party with me as the "professional" to paint nails. It should be a fun day! I'll be back on Sunday at some point... the next blog post will come Sunday night or Monday at some point. Enjoy your weekend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these polishes? Do you like either of them? Already have them or are they on your must-try list? Discuss in the comments below.


15 comments:

  1. these look great...good luck on the party! that sounds like a lot of fun. Can we see some pics? :) Enjoy your weekend too! hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lydz: I do plan to take photos of all the mani's I do. There will be between 10 and 15 girls... so I'm not doing anything super complicated. Just simple colors... some stamping... maybe some rhinestones..... and for me, lots of Advil, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Glass Slipper! Sheer shimmery flakies like that are one of my faaaavorite kinds of layering polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are FABULOUS! I definitely need to pick these polishes up!!! You take AMAZING photos by the way! You have a keen eye for detail and that is important when trying to show the true beauty of a polish! Thanks for such an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. I'm especially intrigued by glass slippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. [writing this comment for "Nail Designs xox" because I accidentally hit the delete button; sorry!]

    Nail Designs xox said...

    Oh my god I want these. I haven't been able to find them yet. I am super jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ babypanda: Thank you so much! Your compliment really does mean a lot to me! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glass Slipper over Black Tie looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im loving the white one! They are so fabuloussss!

    Please join my first giveaway http://bit.ly/rqz7oT You can win e.l.f, shiseido,canmake, lioele, maybelline, benefit, dollywink, etude house, Covergirl, MAC, Sleek & skin food goodies for 80$. Join~ Join~ until Dec. 16 2011

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that silver flakie must have it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both polishes are beautiful, but the Glass Slipper is awesome!! :D

    Enjoy the party!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Just curious what kind of camera you use...your pictures are always amazing...any tricks I should know about?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Miranda: Thanks! I use a Nikon D80. It's really beat up because I used to have a photography studio and it got a lot of use during that time, but it still works! No special tricks... I do all my photos in the manual setting, adjusting the Fstop and aperture as needed. I use studio lighting and a white backdrop.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)