November 4, 2011

Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat: pics, before & after, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Now that cold weather is here, my nails are peeling, breaking and feel weaker than ever. I was looking for a product to help with that and I went back to a product that I've wanted for a long time, but never wanted to pay for. I finally just sucked it up and paid the $30 for it and I'm glad I did!

Check out my pics, before & after pics, stats, and review...

Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat
Description: A pink tinted clear coat to use alone or under polish.

 

 


 









Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat
Before & After



Basic stats for Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat:
Formula: a sheer pink polish that strengths and brightens nails
Coverage: sheer
Cost/Availability: $30 (0.60 fl oz full size). Available on the Perfect Formula website, Sephora's website, and QVC's website.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This polish can be used as your base coat to strengthen and brighten nails, but also can be used on its own. Protein rich coating instantly strengthens, seals and protects natural nails so they can grow strong and long. Optical brighteners bring out the natural color in your nail bed and filter out any yellow appearance in the nails. They immediately appear healthier.

Coverage:
Sheer... basically clear with a tint of pink.


Cost/Availability:
$30 (0.60 fl oz full size). Available on the Perfect Formula websiteSephora's website, and QVC's website.


Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat Review:
I have to be honest and admit I really didn't want to like this. The price, $30, is a lot of money for one bottle of polish - even if it is a special base coat. I only purchased this because QVC had two easy-pay on it the exact day I was searching for a product to help my nails. It turns out I love this!

Due to polishing my nails as often as I do, I have some staining. I was hoping this product would help my natural nails look pretty again. I think it does! It doesn't take out all the yellow, but it certainly makes them appear brighter and more pink in tone. In person, and in regular lighting, my nails look near perfect. It's just the studio lighting makes the staining look worse than it is; studio lighting shows every flaw! In person you can't even notice the yellow!

I also like how shiny my nails look and how much stronger they feel. I haven't been using this product long enough to say if it's really good in the long run or not, but so far so good!

You can put regular nail polish directly over top with no issues, but my nails looked so pretty that I went "naked" for a full day without putting any polish on them. For me, that's huge. I never leave my house without polish.

I do recommend this to all polish-addicts who can't stand breaking, peeling and weak nails. The price is steep, but you don't need to use a lot. You're supposed to use this just once a week, so this one bottle will last you a very, very long time.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this polish? Do you have this already? Your thoughts? Discuss in the comments below.



13 comments:

  1. I have the same issues with winter starting and polishing non-stop for months. Maybe I'll pick this up during Sephora's VIB. I never heard of it before, so thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sarah S.: If I had known about Sephora VIB event I would have waited to buy it there! But I'd just lose money now if I had to ship it back to QVC at this point. I'm going to use the VIB discount for some other polishes (from Nails Inc).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt has this stuff and loves it! I agree that the price is too steep for me, but when my nails get weak and peel... Switching basecoats to OPI nail envy or orly nail fortifier gets them back in shape and they grow long and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $30 for a tinted pink. That's hard to swallow. My steps for stained nails. 1. Bubble White soak from Sally's...really works well but soak for 10 minutes. 2. Base coat of choice: Barielle for me. 3. Yellow out from Sally's. And voila! No more stained nails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Beata: I didn't buy this for the tinted pink color; I bought it because it is like a suit of armor for your nails. It does make my nails look pretty, but I cover them with polish anyway :) I just needed something that really would make them strong and I've been really happy with these results. I've used many base coats in the past that didn't come near the way this works. But I haven't used it long so I'm going to give it a month or so before I decide if it's worth re-buying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried Instant Artificials? I have it and it seems to do exactly what Pink Gel Coat does at less than 1/3 of the price. I'd love a comparison if you have both :-)
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the effect on the nails, it really seems like you have gel nails on. If you want to reduce the yellow of your nail you should use a blue based clear polish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ AngieP: I have Nail-Aid 3 Minute Artificials, which is good and does a similar job, but compared to the Pink Gel Coat it seems pretty low-grade. I mean, I like it because my nails do feel thicker with it, but it doesn't give me a feeling like my nails are strong and it does nothing to help with peeling/breaking. It also does nothing as far as brightening the nails, but I don't really care too much about that. I just want something to help my nails during the winter months. So far, the week I've been using the Pink Gel Coat, it has impressed me way more than the Nail-Aid 3 Minute Artificials.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Crystal: Not sure we're talking about the same thing. The one I've referring to is made by Salon Sciences...
    This stuff
    http://www.sallybeauty.com/artificial-nails/SBS-108500,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Crystal! Long time lurker and first time commenter. I love your blog! You're as beauty obsessed as I am! I have to admit that I especially love checking out your blog during Birchbox time. We get the same thing every month and for some reason you get yours a day or so before me... so I like to cheat and see what I'm getting! Anyway, you or someone else posted about this polish before andI seriously polish my nails nearly every day so I scooped it up during Sephora's Friends and Family sale... it lessened the blow a bit. I love what its doing for my nails so far! I subscribed to you a while back, but if you wanted to check out my blog and follow me that would be awesome! I do beauty posts here and there.

    Have a good weekend!

    xoxo
    Amanda
    http://sweetandsourloulou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ AngieP: Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen that at my Sally's! I'm sure they have it, but I must have over looked it. I'll have to pick that up the next time I'm there and do a review and compare. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Sweet (and Sour) Lou Lou: Aw, thank you sweetie! I'm glad I can give you a sneak peek at your Birchbox :)

    I also just subscribed to your blog! Thanks for letting me know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great polish/strengthener but you should really try Prostrong brightener. It is half the cost and it really whitens the tips and looks fabulous over french manicure colors. I applied it over OPI Passion which is a sheer pinky-peach. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)