November 21, 2011

Mally Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadow in Silk Brown Sugar: pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Can I just take a second and say how much I hate being sick?! I swear this is like the 10th time since September that I've been sick. This time both my husband and I are sick and our son luckily did not get it. My husband is a day ahead of me with his sickness, but we were still couch/bed bound all weekend. Yesterday was the worst day for me, today I feel so much better but still really low-energy. Anyhow...

I have another amazing product from Mally to share with you all; this time her Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadow! I'll have some more Mally products to share with you soon, as I just ordered another Mally kit. For now, check out my pics, swatches, stats and review of her Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadow...

Mally Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadow
Shade: Silk Brown Sugar
Shade Description: A lighter, softer chocolate brown.









Basic stats for Mally Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadow:
Formula: liquid shadow
Coverage: great pigmentation
Wear: very long wearing!
Shade Info: currently available in 8 shades that I could find online (sold solo and in duo's)
Cost/Availability: $25 for one, or $35 for two (0.04 fl oz full size). Available on QVC's website: click here to see the solo shades, click here to see the duo shades. You can also find this shade in a Mally kit sold on QVC for $46.68 - which includes many other items and is a great value in itself. There is also one other Mally kit sold on QVC for $40, which also includes one of the Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadows.
Packaging: twist-up pen, pull-off cap, soft velvety applicator
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
This is a liquid shadow that gives great pigmentation with long-lasting, crease-free, budge-proof results. Once this sets it's not coming off until you take it off with an eye makeup remover.


Coverage:
Very nicely pigmented. You can apply it and glide it around with your fingers for a slightly softer look, or go full color by applying it directly with the applicator. Either way, you'll have great results.


Wear:
Very long wearing! True Mally Beauty bullet-proof results!


Shade Info:
I have the shade Silk Brown Sugar, which is a lighter, softer chocolate brown. Also available are several other shades: Champagne (which is on my must-have list), Amber, Lavender, Mink, Sunlight, Moss, and Silk Cognac. I would really love to see a gray shade!


Cost/Availability:
$25 for one, or $35 for two (0.04 fl oz full size). Available on QVC's website: click here to see the solo shades, click here to see the duo shades. You can also find this shade in a Mally kit sold on QVC for $46.68 - which includes many other items and is a great value in itself. There is also one other Mally kit sold on QVC for $40, which also includes one of the Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadows.


Packaging:
Twist-up pen, pull-off cap, soft velvety slant tip applicator.


Mally Forever Silk Liquid Eyeshadow Review:
Mally makes some of the best eye makeup out there. I love liquid eyeshadows, but a lot don't work well for me for one reason or another. This one, however, works wonderfully! The shade, Silk Brown Sugar, is a great neutral that would look good on virtually anyone. I don't typically like neutral shades, but this is a really pretty one that I was excited to wear. It had a shimmering sheen to it, which made it look pretty on the eye.

In true Mally Beauty bullet-proof beauty, this lasted all day without a smudge, crease, or any fading. It looked just as good at 8pm as it did when I first applied it at 8am.

It works great all on its own, or with other shades layered on top. I had fun playing around with a few looks using this shadow, which I'll have to photograph and share with you all on another day.

I highly recommend checking this liquid shadow out!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eyeshadow? Do you own this already, or is this on your must-try list? Discuss in the comments below.



3 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds really good, from your detailed review here! :D I think I would love it in the shade Champagne too, coz brown isn't really my colour, haha.

    http://lauraleialee.blogspot.com/2011/11/winter-blossoms-1st-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty color. I haven´t used it before!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)