November 17, 2011

My new nail polish shelves! (sneak peek at my new nail room)

Hello, Beautiful!

For the past few weeks I've been working on my new heaven: my nail, makeup and hair room! I think I'll have enough time to finish the entire room by the end of the weekend and when I do finish I will do a photo and video tour! For now though, here is a quick sneak peek at my updated nail polish shelves.

Keep in mind there will be MORE shelves, which will extend onto the side walls, because the shelves shown in the photos below do not hold my entire collection. There are still about 500 bottles not shown in the photo! Click here to see my old nail polish set-up.

And sorry about the poor quality; I just took these with my cell phone camera. The actual photos of the room will be taken with my good camera.

Click on them to view larger!


And with my son standing in front of it to really show the size of the shelves....



My husband made and installed the shelves. I love the floating shelves look! I do want to paint them white one day, but for now I like them. I just like that I painted the wall behind the polish white (the rest of the room is pink), because the white really shows off the polish!

31 comments:

  1. so is this what 2000 polishes looks like? whoaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I love them...plus I need your stash, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a big collection and I love it...
    So how much polishes do you have???

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooooahhhhhh droooooollling!! he did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGness, it looks exactly like a nail spa! O_O I wish I had half as many as that, lol. :D Can't wait to see how your beauty room will look like, and all the best working on prettifying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. Unbelievable! I want a room like this...I am jealous. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ g3pinkii: Currently I have 1,883 polishes (although I have about 25 I need to log on my collection list... so basically 1,900). Although the shelves in the photos only hold about 1,200 of them or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen so many nail polishes! Not even in a salon! WOAH.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh... my... god :O this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I first saw your title, I was already wowed by the nail room. Then seeing the pitures... AMAZING O__O!!! In the future I hope to have a dream room like that! How do you reach the ones on the top?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Pauline - omgnoodles: I can reach the top just standing, but I do like to stand on a small stool to originally place the polishes up there. But I'm able to take one down or put it back without needing a stool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGOMGOMG. Beautiful!

    Btw since you seem to do your nails often and have so many nail polishes, do you ever get your nails done in a salon? Or do you just rather do them yourself? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Anonymous: I always do my own nails. It's one expense I can cut out since I'm fully capable of doing my own nails. I even used to do acrylics, gel and silk wrap nails on myself and my friends when I was in middle school (which was about 13/14 years ago). I keep my nails natural now, but I still know how to do all that. Plus, the two times I did have my nails done in a salon they weren't that great anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pardon my french...but HOLY S***!!!! That is a lot of polish!!! You lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg that is nail heaven!! I'm so jealous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, fantastic, brilliant, amazing..lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are crazyyyy!!! Not even shops has this much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! I have no words O.O When I grow up I want a room like that in my house XD
    Congratulations for your awesome colection and your naildream room!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I wonder how you can choose only one colour to do your nails???? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. =OOO i cant believe this! its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just drop something, I had no idea that you have so many of them. Your stash is bigger than any store in my country!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG that is super super awesome!!

    Initially I was like 'Wow... Such a pretty nail salon.' and it struck me that it was YOUR nail polish collection! I think that picture will be a really pretty desktop background!

    Love your blog. Following now! ^.^

    ♡ M.May

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)