November 22, 2011

American Apparel Lipgloss in Pantytime -- swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently picked up some American Apparel nail polish, using a Groupon that gave me half off. At the same time, I also decided to purchase one of their lip glosses. I chose the shade Pantytime, but I want more shades now that I've tried it.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...

American Apparel Lipgloss
Shade: Pantytime
Shade Description: A medium warm pink with a hint of shimmer, great for almost every skintone.


 














Basic stats for American Apparel Lipgloss:
Formula: creme gloss
Coverage: sheer to light opaque
Wear: average
Shade Info: 9 shades available
Cost/Availability: $12 (7 ml  full size). Available on the American Apparel website and at American Apparel retail store locations.
Packaging: rounded gloss tube, twist-off cap, doe-foot applicator
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
A hydrating creme gloss that is both moisturizing and vitamin-enriched. Goes on smooth, feels good on your lips, non-sticky, and great color!

Coverage:
Sheer to light opaque gloss coverage.


Wear:
Average wear for a gloss. Nothing super long-wearing but it didn't disappear in an instant.


Shade Info:
Currently there are 9 shades available on the American Apparel website. I have the shade Pantytime, a great medium warm pink. I also plan to pick up Micromesh in the future.


Cost/Availability:
$12 (7 ml  full size). Available on the American Apparel website and at American Apparel retail store locations.


Packaging:
Rounded gloss tube, twist-off cap, with a doe-foot applicator (my favorite lip gloss applicator type).


American Apparel Lipgloss Review:
Without any prior searching for reviews or swatches, I ordered the shade Pantytime just by how it looked online. The color online is pretty true to what it is in person - which is nice when shopping online.

I was really happy with the quality of the lipgloss. It felt good on my lips, non-sticky and smooth. I've been sick so my lips have been super dry and chapped, but it still helped them feel hydrated.

I really liked this gloss, and at the $12 price point I think this is a great deal for what you're getting. I am really looking forward to trying more shades of their lipgloss as my budget allows.

I would for sure recommend checking out the American Apparel Lipglosses!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss? Do you own this already, or is this on your must-try list? Discuss in the comments below.



7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the nail polish. I'm so making purchases from this company - I love supporting good local companies. Loving the neon nail polish from the site, their bath products and the topless lip gloss. Guess that means merry Christmas to me!!! Big thanks for clueing me into this company!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty color i love this !!!
    I follow you,i wish follow me back :))
    http://www.nzlsyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really pretty shade for lip gloss, and the name is really cheeky! XD

    I've been following for quite a while, do follow back~ ^^ http://lauraleialee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pantytime.

    Hope everyone can join my advance birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)